It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video emerges of woman 911 caller forcefully strip searched in police custody

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by willywagga
So will it change if Obama gets in to the White House, No it wont not a bit, because he's in the pockets of the powerful too.

Where do you have proof he's in the pockets of the powerful? Edward has backed him because he refused to take PAC funds. Besides Edwards; Obama will be the least corrupt person on the ticket... (hate to admit it, but once again were voting for the lesser of two evils. Unless it's Ron Paul V. Obama then were voting for a new path.

Anyways back to the point in this, If an African American is Elected President HOPEFULLY he will drive to shut down these hate groups (white supremacists Etc) That drives the authorities to treat normal citizens in this manner. I know it's far fetched, but when a cop has to worry about HATE groups, everyone DOES become a suspect. Very gestapo like... really scary as hell... But what would you expect from the enforcement officers who are forced to deal with these idiot racists, bigots? It's horrible (as my previous comments show) but it's almost expected in this f'ed period for our country.

coven

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
the search should've be committed by female officers. Isn't it in law also?

In the followup video, the reporter reads directly from the Stark County policy stating that this is the way it's supposed to be done. However, apparently...the department is claiming that "this wasn't a strip search."

Which begs the question, what exactly was it?

Personally, I'm inclined to agree. It was not a strip search. It was not a strip search because the officers had no intent to search for anything. They were doing it punish and humiliate her. This was an illegal, violent sexual assault committed by a gang of police officers.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by LordBucket]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Lets look at the bigger picture people, we have all seen the vids from Iraq, of prisoner abuse etc. so now you know where the ideas come from.

Lets use that event on Iraqis and then try it on our own people at home, the two events cannot be coincidence. Practise makes perfect, lets face it palces like Iraq are great for trying out all sorts of illegal acts against people.

There are so many things wrong with this event that many people cannot see it all or its implications. If the victim gets justice or not remains to be seen but one things for sure this will not be the last time.

And again this is not the act of a few rogue officers, this was a planned event and as there have been others one can assume that orders have come from above. And that means a much wider implication for the people of the US.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I agree getting All hot and bothered and spouting like a mad man will do nothing for the cause. I'm 38 and i really dont think i have ever been this pissed off in all my life, wich is why i had to pic and choose what i had to say in my first post in this thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A WARNING AND CALL TO PROTECTION:

My friends and fellow ATS members and readers,

Why they do what they do:

This is a preview of the "Standard" and "Routine" procedures that will be performed on *any* citizen of any sex, race, religion, disability, for *any* reason.

Why do you think that they do crap like this? Think about it for a minute. Stop watching and listening and reacting to the stimuli and THINK. Why do these incidents happen, then get leaked one way or another?

You may be asking yourself, "Why purposefully violate the rules by having multiple men involved in the strip search?", you may be asking "Why didn't they just answer her a single time, just ONE time, on the video while she is asking them what they are doing, screaming and pleading?"

All it would've taken was one police officer to open their lips and say "you are being forcibly strip searched ma'am, this is for your own safety". THATS ALL IT WOULD'VE TAKEN. At least then she'd know, although likely disagreeing with it, that she was just being strip searched and not covertly abused and/or violated. It is pretty clear from the video that they cavity searched her as well, from behind, one or both of the visible female officers must have, as the screaming increased greatly at that moment of focus on her rear area.

So then, why didn't a single cop say a single time that she was being searched and stripped, despite being repeatedly asked?

The answer is simple and also complex within the same: On the surface, they don't feel the need to, as police officers they feel superior to normal citizens, and in numbers within their own realm of control they do not feel the need to give you a single commodity or comfort, even if it is so much as telling you what is happening to you as you are forced into a sexual position and strip searched naked while handcuffed, screaming, held down by male officers. They could've said something to her, the males, they just sat there holding her down making stupid faces. This is how superior and fascist and pig headed many police departments are becoming across the nation, in response to the stress created from the job, and dealing with the low life's. So they treat everyone like a lying, low-life, drug seller/addict, violent criminal. Because uh.. its for their own safety, yeeeah.

And the other reason this happens ever so often is because the police state mechanism is/could be testing how the public will react on an individual basis to such Guantanamo or Abu Ghraib style abuse and humiliation situations. They want to see how easily they can get away with abuse of power, for when the big take over happens, so that all the killing and brutal torture and force will be justified in the end, theyll say the ends justify the means. They're testing such techniques right now, on people like this, in this video. Notice that all of the major incidents with people dying or being abused in custody with police lately have been WOMEN, women that are unaccompanied by any men. This is significant in that they are hand picking these people to perform these terrible things on, to subject to these terrible situations.

We can all hope that the cops get sued to high heaven, but in the end, they might walk off scott free other than for minor violations such as using male officers in a female strip search. But as for the rest of everything you see in the tape, in its' completely unnecessary form, they'll probably get away with. And it just empowers them to abuse more people, to treat more people as if they are merely animals and that the cops are the farm workers. Well, when it comes time for the slaughter at the farm, all emotions are set aside, and no animals are exempt regardless of how special they are.

What we can do to protect ourselves and how to be prepared:

This is why police will become targets if and when civil order breaks down in our society. Police will be the biggest targets of all, and only because of their own actions.

I have a pretty nice early 90's BMW. It doesn't run at the moment, but it used to. It has rather large, nice looking rims, and other minor cosmetic modifications which make it look 'expensive'. Truth is, it isn't expensive at all, except to maintain, and is completely paid for. I am a white male, in my low to mid 20's. Just for minor traffic incidents such as running a stop sign, or slightly screeching my tire during a sharp turn, I have been removed from my vehicle after showing all legit information requested, and asked by the police if they can search my car and myself. I always agree, because I never had anything illegal on me during those incidents, and knew it was a quick way out of a ticket. And so they never found a thing, its happened twice too. And what do you know, each time they didn't give me a ticket for the original offense I was pulled for. Only when they search and find nothing do they not give the original ticket, otherwise they do, but they don't tell you this, I have learned it through experience. I think it is because they know they are profiling you and being unreasonable, that you are not giving reasonable cause to be searched, and that they'd look quite bad in front of the judge for having put me through such embarassing searches for nothing.

They're getting awfully bold out there folks.. I'm dead serious when I say this, but please, if you do not know how to PROFICIENTLY defend yourself unarmed, please learn self defense. It doesn't matter if it is 52 blocks prison boxing, chinese martial arts, jujitsu, whatever, just pick something effective and become proficient at it. There will come a day and time that it may save your life and/or allow you to escape. I know a martial artist personally who broke a police officer's wrist and fled on foot, escaping a second police officer, all while handcuffed (hands in front, i swear he showed me the wrist marks), and was never found or charged for the incident. It was self defense he swears, but he did have some form of illegal item on him, drug maybe. The point is, they are not unbeatable, they do not expect you to defend yourself, and to do it so well. I know people who could fight their way out of situations when faced point blank with a handgun. It's all in the mind and the intent, and with enough training and technique you can master levels you wouldnt imagine. Don't believe me? U2U me for real video links to real fights where real martial arts are applied, and youll see.

My other suggestion, to those who are capable of owning firearms, meaning non-felons, please learn to fire a rifle if you do not know how, and please try to find the time and money to purchase yourself a rifle, you may need that as well.. in a total breakdown of order.

[edit on 2/2/2008 by runetang]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBits
Well me and a few friends decided to take action since Americans will not do anything about this outrage.

Well, I forwarded the link to a radio personality at 700 WLW for his consideration to be included as a topic on his show. While this guy is a conservative and defends actions of officers he has a habit of whipping people into a froth on passionate subjects.

While not on the same level of extradition and international accusations of torture against civilians I wouldn't say I have done nothing. We will see if I get a reply or if it will be covered.

Oh and WLW is heard in 38 states as well as parts of Canada and is simulcasted on XM Radio. And this personality also has a nationally syndicated show on Sunday nights so we will see.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I should have posted last night when I saw this. I don't have the time at the moment to read throught the whole thread, but I have a story to tell here.

Up until about seven months ago I wore a shield to work everyday.

In October, the local P.D. came to my neighborhood to investigate a broken window. I was standing on my front porch when two officers stopped to talk to me. They threatened to arrest me because I had a rum and coke in my hand. So I made a wise crack along the lines of not being afraid of being arrested by their rinky-tink little department. I was insantly slammed face-down on the porch, stomped and kicked in the head by the larger officer, while the little guy hit me with the stun gun more than ten times. Despite several neighbors witnessing the event, I was charged with resisting arrest. One witness actually told me days later that she was amazed that I could actually lay there so still while being beaten and shocked. As concerned citizens, and people I don't even really know, several neighbors tried to lodge formal complaints to no avail.

If anyone thinks these occurences are rare, you are ignorant of the truth. If you think that this will never happen to you, start counting the days.

The police can do anything they want and no one can stop them.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Like others have said this is utterly despicable and abhorrent behaviour by those police. I do not have much more to say on this that others havent already said, but lets just say that the husband was a ruff nut or a redneck of some sort, this behaviour could and would have turned out alot more differently for the coppers let me tell you that!

somebody needs to slap the police dept. back down to earth! they are there to serve and protect the public not abuse and disrespect!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I saw the first few seconds of this, and couldn't bear to continue to watch.
Maybe I'll watch the rest when my stomach's a bit stronger, but I think I get the point anyway.
It brings to my mind the incident a couple of weeks ago when the British woman on 'holiday'in America was taken ill to a hospital and her two daughters were taken into custody at an orphanage, then strip searched and asked all kinds of inappropriate questions about rape and abuse.
If their experience was a quarter as bad as what little I've seen of this...,well I don't want to say what I think the British government should do about it.
I wouldn't expect any response from our government (British) anyway, because they're so brown-nosed up Bush's butthole it doesn't bear thinking about.
Something's got to give sooner or later.
Things can't go on like this for much longer.......can they?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Careful with the Many assumptions there, runetang; lest you place yourself in the same class as those who apparently felt she posed a clear and present danger to either themselves or her own person. A slippery slope, to be sure.

Yes. The video and reports that we have been afforded do most certainly paint a rather dark and disturbing picture, BUT without having full knowledge and understanding of the entirety of the situation we are left only to do as your post above demonstrates... assume.

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but ill-informed assumptions have been the demise of many a stance or position as well.

Just saying that without the whole story, which is obviously the case here, we're left with but one of two choices; make ill-informed assumptions and base our conclusions upon such, or to wait for more information in order to better understand what truly happened in this most unfortunate of situations.

Personally, I'll choose to refrain from casting stones until the final rock has been overturned.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Annie Mossity]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
People get it into your head there are no good cops, the Police represent those who wish to enforce their rules upon us therefore its not just some human joe or jane doing their job. Their clothes and their whole demeanor is about power and control and it is that what they represent, they have to tow the party line and if that lene is you go out and terrorise people then that is what they will do.

Magic,

I would have to disagree with that statement 100%. Although I don't agree with the actions of many law enforcement agencies, around the world, there are many good cops and very few bad ones.

I was a police officer for many years, I have seen acts far beyond the call of duty to help, keep safe, comfort and even save lives of citizens. I myself saved 2 people with CPR when paramedics were not present, otherwise they would have crossed to the other side.

If I could tell you the dark individuals there are in our society most of you wouldn't believe it or want to, someone has to deal with them.

And if everyone on this planet could maintain their own personal peace and space no law enforcement would be needed, but that is not the case.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity

Personally, I'll choose to refrain from casting stones until the final rock has been overturned.

Admirable, but I prefer not to wait for the final rock to be overturned, because I tend to get hit square between the eyes with one of the rocks picked up before the final rock, because the overturner has no true intent to ever show me what is under that final rock.

Lol..

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity
reply to post by runetang

Careful with the Many assumptions there, runetang; lest you place yourself in the same class as those who apparently felt she posed a clear and present danger to either themselves or her own person. A slippery slope, to be sure.

Yes. The video and reports that we have been afforded do most certainly paint a rather dark and disturbing picture, BUT without having full knowledge and understanding of the entirety of the situation we are left only to do as your post above demonstrates... assume.

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but ill-informed assumptions have been the demise of many a stance or position as well.

Just saying that without the whole story, which is obviously the case here, we're left with but one of two choices; make ill-informed assumptions and base our conclusions upon such, or to wait for more information in order to better understand what truly happened in this most unfortunate of situations.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Annie Mossity]

And this is why America is in the state that it's in, people waiting for a report by police that say she deserved it!?!?

Come now... if that was your wife or daughter you would be pissed! and if not then well... "I cant say what i'm thinking due to T&C.
"

I guess you just cant wait for this to be swept under the rug and forgot about huh?

This happend 15 months ago and no mention on main stream media... ever wonder why? maybe there hoping people will forget about it?

COME ON People! WAKE UP! for god sakes.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illegal Alien
I wouldn't expect any response from our government (British) anyway, because they're so brown-nosed up Bush's butthole it doesn't bear thinking about.

Sorry but your wrong... it's the other way arround. Authority comes from the Queen. She knows everything. She use's America to deflect attention away from her and the Federal Reservve bank.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Real, perhaps you worked as a cop when it ment something and you did protect the little people, I havent got a problem with that, but things have changed and when you hear of law abiding citizens with no criminal record being attacked, abused, tasered and then have to listen to a raft of excuses from the cops I'm sorry it wont wash.

The is a scary and escalating occurence of these type of events in the US and what do you say when you see a pattern of crime emerging, its being done by the same person/people and its organised is that not correct.

As I said before there is a bigger picture here that is unfolding and its not a pretty one. When a Police force is being used against the people then there is something wrong. Yes the Police are there to deal with crime, but were not talking about that are we. No when the Police attack the people for political dissent, or for defending their rights then you are on the road to Fascism and that my friend is exactly what is happening in the US.

These videos just dont get aired because of leaks its done deliberately to intimidate and coerce the people, to let them know whats in store if they dare to stand up against tyranny and oppression.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
If anyone looked at my past posts on these I have been 90% in favor of the cops.

In this case I just do not see a reason to strip a woman as they did. They must have even cut off her shirt to get it off her with the handcuffs on. Since we could be seeing it out of context can anyone come up with a scenario that would force the cops with the only choice to strip her down totally naked and then leave her that way for hours?

Could a female cop have done a good search of her with at least her panties and blouse still on? With one cop smashing her head into a pillow as others grabbed at her pants etc all the while she was handcuffed and held just makes one wonder what a person would need to do for that situation to ever happen.

Xtrozero, I've been trying to think of something the whole time I watched the video trying not to just take sides and try to look at it from both ends. I can't find any reason for the treatment this lady had to endure. I don't know the laws in the town in question but, I do believe that it calls for a female officer to search a female suspect here where I live. The fact that there were TWO male officers present is enough for me to feel disgusted. But to strip this woman completely naked and leave her that way in a cold cell with her having to wrap herself in toilet paper to keep warm is to me just uncalled for and down right ... I can't even think of a word to describe it...torturous perhaps.

I would like to see video on what took place before what we see on the video given but to me it really doesn't make a difference. I don't care what the woman did before what we see. It would be interesting to find she in some way hurt one of the female officers and this was a punishment for that. I'm leaning more with she just wasn't being a good sheep and following orders and was shown what happens when you don't obey.

The thing I can't wrap my brain around is why was an officer recording it?(assuming it was an officer) It couldn't be to cover their own asses as I see what they did as illegal and considered torture in my eyes and seems to be viewed the same as many others responding to this thread.

Public humiliation along with some lengthy prison time in general population for these officers and the sheriff is a good start in showing that we are fed up with this type of behavior from those hired to protect and serve us.

Sooner or later they will do this to the wrong person.

Simon

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Cynic, Space is correct the fact that you may not know it dose not make it false.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Snip

Well thats a slap in the face and i'm outraged by your comment.... who are you to assume anything about me? snip

Mod Edit - Removed offensive comments in quote, and retort in post.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 2/2/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBits

Who said anything about waiting on a police report? I was simply stating that until we know the whole story any conclusions drawn are merely assumptions; assumptions which are often based more on emotional reaction than the actual facts surrounding the incident. In fact, reading through this thread seems to demonstrate just that; assumptions and ill-informed personal conclusions being construed as fact... not to mention the Many reactionary responses based solely on emotions invoked by the less-than-complete video CLIP.

As has been mentioned previously, how are we to know that the CLIP shown by the newz station is truly demonstrative of the actualities surrounding this incident. It's not as if they (the Newz) have a clear record of upholding the virtues of investigative journalism - where ratings take second seat to the Truth.

Just saying...

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join