It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video emerges of woman 911 caller forcefully strip searched in police custody

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Oh I believe your from Alaska. Your kind are often from Alaska. Your not the first. You only sway the flimsy mind. But don't let me derail you from your subject. You were seeking clarify what society would look like without government. Defending the actions of those that were just following procedures....

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Oh I believe your from Alaska. Your kind are often from Alaska. Your not the first. You only sway the flimsy mind. But don't let me derail you from your subject. You were seeking clarify what society would look like without government. Defending the actions of those that were just following procedures....

LMAO!!!
My kind.

Im not FROM Alaska. I am here temporaily.

And you need to learn to read. I have never ONCE defended the actions of the cops on this video.

Thanks for the laughs. My face now hurts. LOL

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
(Here's the article on Google news ) – Still available.

(Here's the news report video) – Gone; Replaced by: “Podblanc is an ambitious video news organization devoted to White interests worldwide. We have recently burned over 1 TB of data in our educational efforts and are in the process of upgrading our setup. Please help us reach a wider audience by donating cash (no checks - any currency) to our chief content officer:..”

It was on YouTube but has been removed Can it be someone doesn’t want you to see it?.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It's most likely a copyrite thing, the TV station is obviously using this for ratings (that's written all over every broadcast/article they do). I wrote them an email though... here it is;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: re: Strip search of woman

Hi there, I got your email address off of the posted article and have a comment.

Of course I was outraged and wanted to lend my support in any way possible. My first notion was to find the video on youtube.com and give it a 5 star rating so that it could get to the top and gain the awareness of the international community. This is what I found;

www.youtube.com...

The text I'm trying to point out is this;
'This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by WKYC-TV'

Intellectual property is to be respected so of course I look for YOUR posting on youtube.com, of course this yields 0 results. I realise that the law says you have a right to this property, but what do you really care about... helping this woman or ratings (don't answer that, your actions will answer this for you)? Upon further inspection I find that your reporters make note again and again that you are the only station there with the video. I also note the title on your site; "Exclusive: "

Looks to me like you care more about ratings and being able to capitalize off of this than you do about this woman. If you, in any way, prevent awareness of this from spreading then you are personally responsible for this tragedy; just as much as the police there. This is appalling. Perhaps the real story here is about a media outlet who pretends to care, but who really just wants to milk the story for money?

If I'm wrong here then please prove me wrong with your actions. If I'm right then you know the truth in your heart and should feel ashamed (if you feel things like that). I don't care if that woman was a murderer, treating people like this makes us no better. If I've misread your intentions then I apologize, but the only truth I will accept will be truth in action. I hope you will help this get more exposure and will not again prevent awareness of this issue from spreading. Profiting from things like this is deplorable, yet we live in an age where no one seems to do what is right. Even worse, people stand up straight and pretend to be just when they're really not.

Respectfully... your public is not entirely blind, your motivations are as clear as you make them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What can ya do, I don't expect any positive response, but perhaps I got someone to think *shrug*

Here is a new posting of the video on youtube, let's give it our support!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have talked to many lawyers and sent out tones of emails arround canada, but... nothing, i got one email reply today and i will share what they said to me:

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concerns of police treatment of Hope Steffey in Canton, Ohio.

According to news sources on the internet, Steffey has initiated legal proceedings against the Sherrif's office with regards to this case. There is no jurisdiction for Canada to get involved in the case. It's a US federal lawsuit.

You can search for updates using the internet if you want to follow the progress of the case.

Regards,
Denise Glasbeek
Information Services Coordinator, Amnesty International Canada
(613) 744-7667, ext. 249
[email protected]

Thats it thats all WOW? As for lawyers they pretty much say the same thing.... nothing we can do.

Absolutly amazing.... guess were doomed!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just thought I would say that Bill O'Reilly is talking about this on his show today....2/11/08

Grant it, it is starting now - 4pm for me and has probably aired in the rest of the country already.

Just thought id pass that on since I havent heard any of the major networks reporting on this yet!

Ok. According to the legal experts on O'Reily who reviewed the court proceedings:

-It could not be verified who the victim was - when 911 was called. Both claimed assault.
-Upon arrival of the cops - the woman starts verbally assaulting the cops.
-The cops warn her numerous times to STOP or face arrest. She didnt stop, she got arrested and continued her verbal assualt
-She was highly intoxicated and out of control - even witnesses verified she was in this state
-In the cell, she was asked if she would hurt herself, she said yes.
-So, an emergency response team was called in - those are the men that are in the cell. That is when they began filming everything. Apparnetly, Emergency Response people can be men working w/ women.
-According to their definition, a strip search involves a cavity search....that did not take place. Her clothing was removed by Emergency Response team due to proceedure.
-She was freaking out because she was highly intoxicated.

Anyways, that is the update, according to the court proceedings
I believe it is all being invesitgated to see if she legally has a case against the cops, but the legal experts were saying she does not.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Bill O'Slimy's Legal Experts? You mean Journalists that work to produce a specific meaning and slant to whatever story is written? FACT: The only attorneys working for O'Riely are the ones that defend him. They will not pay the salary of even a Legal assistant for his show.

Is there hard evidence that she was:
1) ... freaking out because she was highly intoxicated.
2) ... highly intoxicated and out of control - even witnesses verified she was in this state
Witness for who? When was this witness verified? Is there rock hard evidence that has not been tampered with by Sheriff or County personnel?

3) In the cell, she was asked if she would hurt herself, she said yes.
Is there a TAPE or Video Recording of that statement? If there isn't it is the Abuser's word against the abused. In other words, IT NEVER HAPPENED.

4) It could not be verified who the victim was - when 911 was called. Both claimed assault.
Happens all the time with 911 because of Phone Quality and cheap equipment operated by 911 personnel. Where is the second individual?

5) Upon arrival of the cops - the woman starts verbally assaulting the cops.
6) The cops warn her numerous times to STOP or face arrest. She didnt stop, she got arrested and continued her verbal assualt
Got a TAPE RECORDING? Once again, Abuser's covering their trail.

7) So, an emergency response team was called in - those are the men that are in the cell. That is when they began filming everything. Apparnetly, Emergency Response people can be men working w/ women.
8) According to their definition, a strip search involves a cavity search....that did not take place. Her clothing was removed by Emergency Response team due to proceedure.

Did they check the male officers for erections afterwards? If they had erection, they could be condsidered Rapists with Intent. Their Definition of Strip Search is incorrect by all Federal and every other State Law, they stripped the woman it is therefore a Strip Search, a Body Cavity Search is penetration. Their actions are the actions of State mandated terrorists, not keepers of the peace. Screw them, maybe the next snow storm their squad car will rightiously run off the highway at high speed into a tree. I will certainly not cry.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Like many here, my first reaction to this was OMG, how did this happen. And as indignant as most of you here. Then, I figured, well let's start a bit of research and see what is out there. Because I noticed, the entire video was not shown, only the part where she was placed in a cell. And I refuse to react to a portion of a video, a lesson I learned a while ago, no matter how horrid that video is.

My first question was who called 911, because all I heard was Hope Steffey was assaulted. Later it came out it was by a cousin of hers. Then it comes out Hope Steffy was at her cousin's house when she was assaulted (the one she was in the altercation with). Another cousin is the one who calls 911. So, she was in a domestic dispute, one of the worse things a PO can respond to. What was the 911 call? Was she under the influence? Who was the aggressor in the assault? The news reports the Steffey Story as she is the victim. My question is, who assaulted who? Was she the victim of that assault or the perpetrator of it? We don't know that. We only have the news telling us she is the victim.

Law enforcement arrives, and supposedly she mistakenly gives the wrong ID. One news story first states she did nothing but yell at him to get that ID back. Than states she poked the pocket of where the officer placed the deceased sister's ID, then the Investigating News Story states Hope Steffey "leaned" against the officer. The story, slowly but surely seems to be evolving even from the Original News Report by the station who "broke this news". So, I have to question what is really the truth. Did she only yell or did she actually put her hands on the police attempting to grab back the ID? Which would explain how she ended up arrested and face down on the initial call.

I also asked why no camera on the car, and found the answer that it doesn't activate unless emergency lights or someone placed in the back of the car.

We all know the video clip shown, or the portion of it. I question why all of it wasn't shown, when jail tapes (those from fixed position camera's monitored by a central point in a jail) show the recording began long before she was placed in the cell (that is part 2 from the Investigating Team). You can see the jail tape showing them moving down a corridor with the Corrections Officer handling the hand held camera and recording. Where is the rest of the video showing the start of the movement right to her being placed and stripped in that cell? And if Steffey's (or their lawyer) released it to the news agency, I still question why the tape in it's entirety wasn't shown. I will not follow blindly that this is the only part they have.

Was she so combative that they had to have an emergency team to assist? And why was the video edited so that is focused on two male officers. Was she suicidal or claimed that she was?

There is so much information missing. The News Agency themselves said that the Steffey family wanted everyone to see that so it won't happen to anyone else. The Sherrif's department refused to comment pending the lawsuit. And even on Stark County's Sherrif Department it is posted they requested the Attorney General's Office to investigate this.

Discovery in a lawsuit is the sharing of information pertaining to a case. I question why only part of a clip was given to the News Agency unless to elicit sympathy for the victim.

If so, it worked, I read all of our responses here. I know how I felt seeing that short clip.

But since that video raised more questions than answered. I have to reserve judgement until the court hearing.

The internet is a wonderful thing, it gets information out there quickly that normally none of us would have heard about in past years. It is also a tool that can fire us up on limited information to only find out later there may have been smoke and mirrors in place.

Is it a horrendous video? In the context being shown, it most certainly is. Is it the full story? I question.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Anyone who turns their TV to Fox is asking for lies and garbage. The woman said, when asked a routine question about suicide:" Now or ever?". She was saying" Are you asking if I am suicidal right now, or if I ever have been in my lifetime? That is what she wanted to clarify. If she had some issues as a tennager, it would have had ZERO bearing on her mental state curently. She NEVER said YES to that question.

The PIG's consider any answer but NO to be a YES!! Thats why they grabbed and assaulted her.

Strip search: When the cop's make you take of all your clothes, run their fingers thru your hair, make you bend over while they look at your anus and vagina if a female...if male you are required to seperate and expose all parts of the genitalia to see if contraband is hidden there, etc.

A body cavity search is ONLY allowed by a COURT ORDER. No thuggish pig has the legal right to insert anything in any orifice; if probable cause exists that would lead a reasonable person to believe that the defendant had contraband secreted in bodily cavities, then they would get a warrant or court order and have a medical professional conduct the exam. Can you even fathom the damage and suits that would result from the injuries that would no doubt happen if uneducated, crude pig's were allowed to shove instruments and fingers into peoples orifices?

If that had been my wife or daughter that had been assaulted by those scumbag pig's their least worry would be a lawsuit...I better not say more..I tend to get warned and banned about crap like this: Outrage is best turned to a cold patience for justice: One day the men who manhandled that women...aned that fat pig of a sheriif, the Nazi scum, will wake up and find out that the tide has turned. It will not happen soon enough.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
Anyone who turns their TV to Fox is asking for lies and garbage.

Seriously....

Should we really even bother listening to corporate media on this story? Probably not. These are the same people trying to slowly convince us every day that the government is harmless, good, etc. while constantly parading random criminal events to make the citizens look like the enemy.

When a real crime is perpetrated by the government on a citizen, the corporate media will NEVER expose it.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This attack was extremely bizarre. It's like these cops were on some sort of edge waiting, just itching for something to set them off. I say that because it just seems so random.
It seems like she expressed surprise at a question put to her and these guys just went her like an enraged pack of beasts. It's so sudden and unpredictable.
I have a little Japanese wife who's pregnant.... seeing this is truly terrifying! Oh my, if anything like this were ever to happen to her...
My advice is to stay away from Cops. They're dangerous, unpredictable and can not be trusted. It must be something to do with their training, or they're being run by the Mafia or something.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I've seen some pretty gnarly videos, but that was really bad. I think a 9-figure settlement would be completely justified (which is bullsh*t because taxpayers (us) would have to pay it)... In several countries they allow the victim to execute the attacker whom committed the sex crime.

All the police belong in jail. Period. No foo-foo jail, no preferential treatment either, I'd like to see how the other inmates treat them knowing what they did. That would be justice.

Disgusting... they're lucky the husband is a mellow level headed guy.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Solution!!!!!!.......

Somebody send this story to Nancy Grace, she's pretty good about speading the word on these type incidents.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LosAngel

Nancy Grace is/was part of that system as a former prosecutor. I suspect all you would get from her is a lecture about how they were following policy's & procedures regarding booking this person.

Though she did condemn former cop Peterson for seemingly killing two of his women. In this case you have someone who resisted the system and most former prosecutors hate suspects who resist.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Police should do this more often, and they should have a good camera rolling to put it on the interweb afterwards

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think they should not only sue the city they should sue each cop individually plus place charges against them,let these cops spend some time in GP,then when they go to take a shower can have same thing done to them,this is really sickening,I give credit to her husband had it been my wife that police station and anyone in it would look like Nagasaki

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I was a police officer. If I was an officer in the city where this incident took place, I would find out who those so called officers were and arrest them right from their houses, or go to the jail while they were at work and arrest them there. Clear Felony sexual assault under color of authority.

I would get fired for doing it, but trust me, those animals deserve much worse then getting arrested, they are rapists, all of them. If that was my wife, well, I wont go there, it would not be good...

SCUM WITH BADGES ARE THE WORST KIND OF SCUM. For you who 'want to know the rest of the story' you need to wake up and remember, this is AMERICA, nobody should be treated that way by any government agent, not even the worst, most dangerous criminal, which this woman is NOT. At no time did she try to harm the officers, she was yelling while being RAPED by four people, she did nothing to fight back accept by begging. Yeah, she was dangerous, not one bite, not one kick, not one elbow or head-butt from her. NOTHING.

This animals belong in the jail, but not as employees, as inmates.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
why do American authorities think they have the right to treat people like this, it would never happen in England, they would never strip someone. seems to me that the police in America seem to think they can just abuse anyone because you don't comply, time you all sarted fighting back I think.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
RAGE!!! This is my reaction. Absolute rage. This is rape....just not of the typical sexual nature. This is sick. Men had NO business in this cell. What was done could have easily been accomplished by female officers and calmly asking this woman to concede to the search and informed that without consent would then be advised of her rights and what if anything would ensue. But let's back up a bit...the fact that she was placed in the squad car is the onslaught of the violation. I have my dead grandmother's driver's license because I took care of her in her last days. These officers should be stripped of there shield and serve time. What ensued after the initial arrest in this cell is unfathomable. When did I start paying their salary for sexual assault, intent to harm, violation of human rights and refusal of medical attention? These men don't need to go out and rape women...their job let's them be sadists on the job and get paid for it. Once this woman was completely naked...I no longer saw the female officers... doesn't anyone else find this particularly interesting? Also, after the 'strip search' did anyone catch the male officers inspecting heir gloves as if to hopefully 'find' something? They are SICK and got their jollies off. These officers should be publicly humiliated...and SHAME on you female officers! What if this was YOUR sister, mother or daughter? The screams of this woman did nothing to you? It didn't make you sick to your stomach? You should not be able to bear children..you don't have the stomach for sensitivity. You are worthless! We all pay for our sins...I wouldn't want to be you on Judgement day. SHAME!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is equivalent of rape. If that was me, or anyone I knew personally.. Those cops would die.

Its that simple.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join