It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[News]Beatles Song to Be Beamed Into Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If this doesn't make those bug-eyed (or mop-topped) aliens come out of their hiding holes snapping their fingersGoldstone7 , maybe nothing will.

On Monday, NASA will beam The Beatles' "Across the Universe" into the heavens, using its Deep Space Network of antennas, which is ordinarily dedicated to functions such as radioastronomy observations, or communicating with distant interplanetary probes.

It's the first time NASA has used the network to beam an actual song into space, and naturally the remaining Beatles are pleased to be so honored. According to the NASA press release, Paul McCartney sent the following encouragement:
Source

Thought this may interest some people here . What an odd thing to do .

[edit on 1-2-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
On Monday, NASA will beam The Beatles' "Across the Universe" into the heavens, using its Deep Space Network of antennas, which is ordinarily dedicated to functions such as radioastronomy observations, or communicating with distant interplanetary probes.

Personally, I would have opted for "Everybody's Got Something to Hide, 'Cept for Me and My Monkey," but I'm not in charge. Oh, well, I guess that will be sure to attract any stray predatory space species, berserkers, etc. We're doomed, for sure.

join