It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Massey: "I have been a psychopathic murderer"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Jimmy Massey: "I have been a psychopathic murderer"

www.cubanews.ain.cu

For nearly 12 years, staff sergeant Jimmy Massey was a hard-hearted US marine. He arrived in Iraq in March 2003 as part of US invasion troops with 45 men under his command; they did not hesitate at killing innocent civilians. Massey attended the most recent Caracas Book Fair, where he presented his book "Cowboys of Hell," a crude testimony about the genocide being committed every day by the United States against the Iraqi people. The ex-marine gave an interview to Cuban journalist Rosa Mirian Elizalde.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
And even when their own soldiers tell it like it is, no one is ready to listen or believe the atrocities the US millitary (liberators) have committed....we're always told its just a few bad apples, and support the troops.

More than a million have been butchered, 4 million have fled the country and there is no end in sight.

www.cubanews.ain.cu
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-2-2008 by kangjia57]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
We are now seeing some of the results of the Bush Doctrine. He himself never went to war so he has not seen the results of battle first hand. For that matter Cheney never has either. He received 5 or 6 deferments.

As for those who administrated, they suffer from the same detachment to war the McNamara felt during the fire bombing of Japan that he and " Bombs Away LeMay” had ordered during World War II.

The term often given, when a young man finds himself in the situation that Jimmy found himself in is called Cognitive Dissonance. It is the term used when incompatibility of a belief system conflicts with the actions of the individual.

This type of dissonance came to the forefront during the "Stafford Prison Experiment". It is also called the Lucifer Effect.

I empathize with all the young men who find themselves in this private hell after battle.
www.prisonexp.org...://www.chomsky.info/books/warfare01.htm

Read Chomsky on McNamara...very interesting!
www.chomsky.info...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Reply to whiteraven

The term often given, when a young man finds himself in the situation that Jimmy found himself in is called Cognitive Dissonance. It is the term used when incompatibility of a belief system conflicts with the actions of the individual.

Yes of course only time well tell us how many more young US soldiers found themselves in a ‘Cognitive Dissonance’. There have also been recent increase in soldier suicides.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Jimmy Massey is a proven liar.

Here do the research for yourself.

www.google.com...

Do you really believe anything published in Cuban media?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Reply to GradyPhilpott

Do you really believe anything published in Cuban media?

Bastien said he and another soldier used stolen AK47 military rifles to shoot at civilians while their unit patrolled Baghdad neighborhoods while they were in Iraq. “So if there were any questions when the shooting was heard, Bastien said they could claim they were taking on hostile fire.”

Source: www.militarytimes.com...

A Pentagon group has encouraged some U.S. military snipers in Iraq to target suspected insurgents by scattering pieces of "bait," such as detonation cords, plastic explosives and ammunition, and then killing Iraqis who pick up the items, according to military court documents.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

Are they all Cuban Media aswel?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
here,this is for the soldiers out there.

youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I went to the websites you had given and as I read it seems that "they" are simply bringing in someone to shoot down the credibility of Jimmy's story. Both Ron Harris as well as Jimmy simply traded potshots at each other. Kind of reminds me of a Prosecuting Attorney taking potshots in court at some kid caught up in the system.

This often occurred in the 1960's during the Vietnam war protests, and for the most part if you were a Hawk, you sided with the hawks, if you were a dove , you sided with the doves.

So, we simply need to see who else comes forward.

Our track record in keeping our vets mentally fit after a war is somewhat dismal. With that track record in mind let’s see what the future brings to light concerning Jimmy.

So far as Cuba goes, they spin as much as we do. The truth is somewhere in the middle.....depending on how you define truth. Remember that we denied trying to assonate Castro.

Here is a lesson in disinformation. Look at the recent ORGAN RING BUST. Here is the link.

Now, go to the State Dept., disinformation sight and look at the ORGAN TRAFFICING SECTION.

I am as surprised as anybody….maybe.

usinfo.state.gov...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

I knew someone would say that, but trust me on this one and read the facts, Jimmy Massey has been proven to be a liar.

The military has enough real problems without the mental defective running around consorting with the enemy.

Jimmy Massey is a liar.

In short, there were so many holes in Massey's stories, you could march a Marine battalion threw them. When pressed for corroboration, he would confess to not seeing these incidents but being told about them by other Marines. Sound familiar? That's exactly what John Kerry said after he gave speeches and testified before congress about atrocities committed during the Vietnam War. And the news media bought his stories without the least bit of corroboration. Same as the media did with Sgt. Jimmy Massey. Why? Because too many journalists wanted to believe these phony stories. They fit in nicely with their personal view of soldiers, intelligence officers even police officers.

One question Americans should ask is why isn't Sgt. Massey locked up for the atrocities he admits he committed in Iraq? How about a special prosecutor to investigate Massey and his newfound friends and allies in the antiwar movement?

www.americandaily.com...

This is an old story, but not so old that the statute of limitations has expired for war crimes.

The US millitary prosecutes war crimes aggressively these days and, believe me, if there was one shard of evidence corroborating Massey's claims, he would have been prosecuted a long time ago.

Jimmy Massey is a liar.

The organ ring hoax refered to on the site you link to is about a hoax in the US maybe ten years ago or so.

I was living in New Orleans at the time of the scare.

The recent story that has been in the media took place in India.

That's two completely different stories in two completely countries.

www.snopes.com...

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 2008/2/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
hmmm,
2 DVD's for sale on the subject
coincidence or not ???

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

His story could very well be full of holes. Or it could be a false flag. Who knows?

I do know this, that many, times over the years I have spoken to military and it goes without saying that war is hell and many civilians are killed. I certainly do not feel I can blame a grunt for the crap that goes on.
Also.......
I do believe disconnect occurs when someone is in command who has never fought on the line in a theatre. So often this is the case.

Look at the Stanford experiment..."Welcome to the Stanford Prison Experiment web site, which features an extensive slide show and information about this classic psychology experiment, including parallels with the abuse of prisoners at Abu Ghraib. What happens when you put good people in an evil place? Does humanity win over evil, or does evil triumph? These are some of the questions we posed in this dramatic simulation of prison life conducted in the summer of 1971 at Stanford University"..www.prisonexp.org...://www.prisonexp.org/

In response to the Organ Theft Ring I recognize that the first part of the article pertains to the Teddy Bear Ring.....the last part of the article goes into detail in how improbable any ORGAN THEFT RING could exist. And, now, if you can believe CNN...it does. Apparently they, the state dept., in this case, were wrong.

War crimes have occurred over and over in our wars, on both sides. This is part of every war that I am aware of. Let me quote an article on General Lemay.

en.wikipedia.org...://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_LeMay
"LeMay was quite aware of both the brutality of his actions and the Japanese opinion of him — he once remarked that had the U.S. lost the war, he fully expected to be tried for war crimes, especially in view of Japanese executions of uniformed American flight crews during the 1942 Doolittle raid."

The losers face the tribunals. I deeply hope that we can find a way out of this mess so we will not face tribunals.

By the way, I do respect your opinion Grady.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by whiteraven]

[edit on 1-2-2008 by whiteraven]

top topics

join