It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overwhelmed by love

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thanks guys..Love you all.
* VIC...I'm not a bad cook if I do say so myself. However, my son works in a restaurant and is apprenticing to be a chef.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i am very thankful that it is not life-threatening..
i am annoyed at myself for missing this...

i was doing a first aid course for the company i was working for, when my daughter was very young. we were out for a sunday and we had to get a very short ferry ride home and i bought us fish and chips to eat on the ferry, we were eating in the car when a fish bone got stuck in my daughters throat, i can honestly admit, eevrything i had been taught went out the window, i panicked. i didnt know what to do and my daughter was dying beside me, i remember screaming for help but i could not take my eyes off her. she then coughed and the bone came free but jeez i was in shock..

she never eats fish anymore, thankfully..

your son looks like a big guy (though i think i could beat him:stfu
but he will always need his mother when the time arises and i would bet my life he was thankful you were there for him..........................

i wish him all the best from the irish

CF

[edit on 2-2-2008 by chickenfeet]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenfeet

Hey Chickenfeet.
I have been in that situation as well, with my daughter. If anyone knows what Hall's cough candy is.They are square, and kinda big in my opinion.
When my daughter was 12 she had just put one in her mouth and coughed at the same time.The candy went down her throat. Oh yes, at first I freaked. But then everything kicked in.I did use the heimlich maneuver, and she coughed it out.That is very scary.But it all happened so fast. I reacted first, then thought about it later.But then again, I knew what to do.With Caleb, I felt helpless. And yes, she doesn't use cough candies.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Sure glad your son Caleb is ok. He's a very handsome young man.
My thoughts & prayers are with you and yours.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Glad all is cool with your young man. I hate hospitals too, don't trust doctors as
far as I could drop kick a fat one!

And I've said it before and (what the heck) I'll say it again... When you smile you are so beautiful.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Thank you Mountain Star. He is much better this morning.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Glad all is cool with your young man. I hate hospitals too, don't trust doctors as
far as I could drop kick a fat one!

And I've said it before and (what the heck) I'll say it again... When you smile you are so beautiful.

MonKey

Chikey, I totally agree with you about doctors and hospitals.I realize they are good for emergency situations, just keep them away from me for long term illness.My apologies if Iam offending anyone in the healthcare profession, I only speak from personal experience.

And Chikey, When I have a good reason to smile,I feel beautiful.
Thanx,
AD

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

My apologies if Iam offending anyone in the healthcare profession, I only speak from personal experience

AD I totally understand. The way they dole out medications is scarey. Almost killed my hubby with Vioxx. So glad your son is doing better. You're looking really good too girl! You should receive the *Mother of the Year Award!* My Gosh, 8 children Who'd know?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Hey MountainStar.Mother of the year?I'm sure my kids would disagree when I say " Clean your room or no Xbox".
Seriously, Iam blessed with great kids that have given me very little grief over the years compared to some parents I know.Iam very, very lucky.
As for looking good, thank you.Blessed with my mommy's genes and that is the biggest part.My youngest was born just over 4 years ago and I gained 45 pounds when pregnant with her.Took me 3 years to fully get rid of that.I walk everywhere I go.Eat well, and workout as well as dance.
Iam always on the go.Hardly sit much.Blessed with a fast metabolism.
That and a desire to always keep my body at the same weight I was in High School.So far so good.

Edit to add an update: Caleb is feeling much better, and that is perfect timing,as he returns for his last semester of school today.
Thanx everyone.Your kindness and caring is very much appreciated.
Love you all.
AD

[edit on 4-2-2008 by AccessDenied]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join