It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overwhelmed by love

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I truly am.
As some of you may know or not know, my son Caleb was taken to the hospital this morning, with severe chest pain and shortness of breath, that came on very suddenly.My worst fears were that it was heart related, as there is a family history of this on his fathers side.I was literally beside myself, and out of sorts.Iam not one for hospitals at the best of times as I practice naturopathic remedies for everything.I can honestly say my children, yes all 8 of them have not been to an emergency room.The need was never there.I knew enough though that something was very wrong with him,and he needed to go.
I'll be honest, I was an emotional wreck.My nerves were shot just being in that hospital.I realize many may have a different view than I, but it has been my life experience that hospitals are negative places to be.
Regardless, he was put through several tests, and it was confirmed that he has an inflamation in his chest cavity.Not necessarily life threatening, but very scary.It is something his father suffers with and has since he was young as well.It will be something that occurs occasionally throughout his life.I thank god he is OK.I was very scared.
I realize that Lombozo shared with some of you that I was having a crisis at the moment,and the outpouring of support in u2u's has left me speachless, and bordering on tears.My gosh you guys are all the best friends anybody could ever have.I truly have a wonderful guy in my life whom I love and treasure more than he will ever know.All of you are an extended family to both of us, and I could not feel any luckier than to have that.From my family, to my ATS family, Thank you.
Love to all,
AccessDenied.

Here's a pic of the two of us, taken over the holidays.He's a great kid.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Glad that you are back and really glad that at least it is not life threatening
Must have been such a shock, Lots of hugs to him and a stiff drink for you

Get a nice hot meal in you all and get your feet up for a while.

Tell you what its times like these that you realise how much your family means,

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
AD thank God almighty it's not life threatening. You and your son are in my prayers!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Asala, you are so right. He may be 19 and not really need Mommy anymore, but holding his hand in the hospital was good for both of us, and the good news that it was not heart related, brought out a big hug for both of us.
I just realized that it is OMG, 3pm and I have not eaten anything yet today.
Yes, I will go do that.
Stiff drink later.
Thanks hon,
Lori

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

Thank you Tets.I count you among many great friends I have.It means a lot to me.It really does.
AD

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

AD, I couldn't be happier that it's all good news for Caleb! Beyond cool! Take a deep breath and relax Hon, it's all good. Talk to you soon.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Whoah...how did I miss this thread?!?!? (Back n' forth between ATS/BTS)

AD?

I just read your thread, and wanted to say Thank God your son is ok now. Pretty scary situation, to say the least. Can't imagine what was going through your mind at the time, or your son's for that matter. From what I've known about you, you always put your kids first, and are a GREAT mom!

I only have two kiddies, but trust me when I tell you, I know bout unnerving situations when it comes to their health.

The pic of you two? Your son looks like a strong handsome guy!

Now do like Asala says, and grab yerself a hot toddy...and relax.

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
AD, know how stressfull hospitals can be. I am at one right now as a matter of fact. My wife has had part of her lower back fused and is in a lot of pain. Last month I was here when she had a disc replaced in her neck.

I'm tired, but happy to read that your son is doing better than expected. Just a reminder that boys always need their mommies no matter how old or young.

Peace be with you.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
for what it is worth...
your body is smoking, especially after popping out 8 bambinos

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm glad it's not life threatning and I think it's great that up until now, none of your children have needed to go to the Emergency room. You must be a great mom.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
You must be a great mom.

Yes. Yes she is.

Oh and Boondock - indeed Sir.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Thinkng of ya AD. Hope your boy gets better quickly.

I'll even go and have a stiff drink for you as well,
it's the least i can do to show my support and love for ya!

mojo

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm only a u2u away if you need me AD. No one understands the worries of a mother like another mom does. You must have been scared to death. Do talk to me if you need to, I mean that

Hoping this all turns out well.
Jen

[edit on 2/1/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is what I mean when I say,OVERWHELMED.
You guys are the greatest. You really are.You are there for me when I'm on cloud nine, or completely depressed and in the dumps.
Never in my life have I had the priviledge of calling a greater group of people My friends.
And yep, I'm tearing up...

I LOVE YOU GUYS.
Thank you for your support.

* Boondock, thank you.For the record..I think your wife is beautiful,and she knows how to pick a great guy.
* Ducky I know what you have been through with your son,and this doesn't even compare.I have taken your advice though,and sipping a Honey beer.

*Sanity Lost, my thoughts are with you and your wife.I cannot imagine the pain associated with that.As for my son, he will always be my baby boy, whether he likes it or not.But I know he was glad that I was there with him today.

*Snowflake, I would not call myself great. Just educated.Took me years of trial and error to get where Iam now.I prefer not to clutter up emergency rooms with things I care of myself.The waiting room times are 3-5 hours here.We do have walk in clinics for those who are familiar with those, and I would prefer to go there, than the hospital.Today that was not an option.

*Mojo, my favorite monkey...

*Jenny girl, you are a true friend.Trust me, I was close to train wreck.
I'm OK now.
***Thank you all, especially Lombozo.I can't stay down when I have someone who keeps me on a cloud.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm sure all will go well AD
........ ... may you and your Fam have a great night/day

[edit on 1-2-2008 by steve-o]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm glad that everything turned out OK. You seriously look younger than your son haha

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hey Steve, thanks buddy.He is feeling better today.I don't think I will get over the ride my nerves went through for a while yet.

Hikix, How do I respond to that??? Thank you though.It is funny when he can go buy alcohol and they don't ask for ID but I get asked. He is half my age.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I agree but easier on the eyes... LOL.
Mus' be a great cook tho.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here for you AD, never doubt it....

I'll be dropping a prayer to the "Big Guy" tonight for you and Caleb....

Semper

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I hope your all having a good relaxing weekend after all the stress and worry you and your family have been through in the last few days.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join