It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British troops 'killed a PoW and mutilated bodies of Iraq rebels'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

British troops 'killed a PoW and mutilated bodies of Iraq rebels'

www.dailymail.co.uk

British troops killed a prisoner and mutilated the bodies of 20 Iraqi insurgents, it was claimed in court yesterday. Other captives are also said to have been abused or tortured in the aftermath of a gun battle in southern Iraq in May 2004.Details can be disclosed after the High Court lifted an order preventing reporting of the case yesterday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Very disgusting why mutilating the bodies? It is more like a psychotic action.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

I don't know. If they're guilty then the court will find out why, and rightly so - these actions tarnish the name of the British Army. But we must remember that for the time being nothing has been proved and many statements seem contradictory.

It's hard to make a judgement on this case until more evidence is brought to light, but it's clear that if the allegations are true then there's an issue as to whether it makes the guilty soldiers any better than the terrorists who kidnap, murder and mutilate others (this has occurred in Baghdad and elsewhere in recent years, and I'm sure most people on here have heard of the beheading of captured Westerners).

I think it's very important not to tar all of our soldiers with the same brush, however, because the vast majority are decent, honourable men and women who are doing their country proud.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Reply to Ste2652

I think it's very important not to tar all of our soldiers with the same brush, however, because the vast majority are decent, honourable men and women who are doing their country proud.

Yes I agree there a few ‘bad apples’ but why do the rest of the soldiers close to them who are Sane fail to tell their superiors about insane Ones?
Them not taking any action to stop their fellow soldiers and giving it a blind eye kinda also puts them in the same band.Don't you think?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I suppose the most disturbing part of all this is that up until now reporting on this case has been prevented. I wonder why, I think the public has a right to know what atrocities are being carried out in our name. One wonders how many other such cases are in the pipeline.

More on this: www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join