It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undersea Cables Cut: Oops or Uh-oh?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sorry, new here and not familiar with the tool. Here;s the whole link, and well worth the read:
thegallopingbeaver.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
[edit on 5-2-2008 by Mescalero]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mescalero

Um, he may know about the "Carter" but he doesn't know that the cables in question are 70mm and not "the width of one's thumb"? Mmmmkay. Nuther blogger weighs in, but yeah, the Carter.

When the Carter is underway I's strongly suggest that only a very few topside know of it and fewer still as to what she's up to.

Vic

[edit on 5-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Yeah, I was wondering about the cable width too, but if they could tap into soviet submarine communication back then, it would be a whole lot easier now. It seems to be the only plausible explanation about the how, without addressing the why.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
According to this new GLP thread, there are now NINE cables cut, possibly more!

www.godlikeproductions.com...

I put it down to the Iranian Oil Bourse. As they said over at GLP, "Hard to open an oil bourse with communication problems.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

I put it down to the Iranian Oil Bourse. As they said over at GLP, "Hard to open an oil bourse with communication problems.

Does anyone have any Egyptian or Iraqi or Iranian people that use the internet that anyone has talked to?? (or hasn't been able to talk to would be more the case...).

If it really is 9 cables, fiber optic cables don't get fixed overnight. A fiber optic "strand" is hard to piece back together with the one it came from... it'd be like getting a hair cut, and then taking the hair that was cut off and trying to tape it back onto the original hair that it went to.

anyone confirm that?

EDIT:
KEEP IN MIND: He DID cite his references.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by aaaauroraaaaa]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

Whoa!
Looking for confirmation. If true, something major is in the works.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Major, for sure.

For the record, GLP is full of loonies. Mods that is.

I can't help but think WW3 comes next week. Or sometime sooner. Or after. Whatever. The point is, the boogie-man always cuts the phone line before he attacks.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Yes confirmation... GLP needin' some hits? I don't see any 9 incidents and I've been looking. Tehran U is still up... Englehab... nothing on isna.ir or irna.ir at this time... 9? Ok. If so we're talking "situation". Shields up Mr. Sulu.

Vic

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Mr. Sulu? He's gay, so it would be "shields down." Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Don't clicky on GLP linky. Bad people over there.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Mr. Sulu? He's gay, so it would be "shields down." Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Don't clicky on GLP linky. Bad people over there.

The poster on GLP did cite his sources, in fact, he fully explains how and why he came to his conclusion, with a source article to back up each claim, throw in some original research to connect the dots, and I give him two thumbs up.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaauroraaaaa

GLP posters are cool, misinformed about where they post, however. It's mods like SHR and Omega and 2X that are total Nazis. Actually, SHR is okay, or at least he's the only one who isn't a complete knob.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
the first cable= possible coincidence or accident.
second cable= suspicious conspiracy
third cable= intentional undeniable
4th cable= Invasion act of war

I thought the first report might be propaganda to gauge public interest/opinion (its not like this is beyond reason). Also- there were Iranian blog sites which could be accessed also Iranian tourism promotional sites were still accessible.

This is bad. Very bad. So bad that I don't even want to speculate. Many user content sites are talking about this situation- the good news is America is finally waking up- for real.

Interesting times!

PS- GLP is a 12-step group also known as Bull#ters anonymous!
PPS- My nephew is a big mucky mucky on the net. 4 cables as of 2/5/08 9:45 pm PST.

And 4 is pretty darn serious.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have a possible 5, 4 confirmed. His sources are... well, they're his. Wrote it all up, obviously a genius to know when no one else really does... I like mine, sources that is. I use 3 separate source citations... like in the olden days eh. If I throw one out, know I have down cards. Buddy is throwing in everything including the kitchen sink... lotta "names" I recognize over there at GLP. Yep. Beer? Yep. Communication can be a spectator sport.

Supa-Tuesday night... 'little bit and a half after sun-up Tehran time... making coffee I bet, the good stuff. Not a GD thing on the Iranian news sites. Morning stuff will be out in a couple hours... 3 technical locations and one political and maybe TU just for spite over that hostage thing a while back. I'd recommend SPF-50 and a coat of lead paint and mica sunglasses and iodine suppliments. Oh, rubber boots too. It could rain today.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Has anyone thought it is an AQ hit? They just need a diver and some basic underwater gear. A coordinated hit to take Western influence out of the middle east? More to come?

JSR

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mescalero

that link didn't work for me. can you sum up what was said? thanks.

---------------------edit----------------
nevermind, didn't see the correction, sorry.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by JSR]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Why would the U.S. Navy only have 1 "spy" asset (submarine) available for use with the billions they receive in "Black Budget" every year?
And OF COURSE it makes the most sense this Oil-Exchange would be the logical reason to intimidate (and actually run a few submarine taps) on those players in the region...Can anyone on ATS ACTUALLY DOUBT this country's (administrations) resolve in keeping oil assets under control the last eight years?? Also, someone mentioned the only remaining cable usable to Iran runs thru Turkey. That's ONE country where running a tap wouldn't be a problem. Just think; in a matter of a few days, EVERY cable linking that region could have had a spigot put on it. (Not to mention intelligence access.)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mescalero
Sorry, new here and not familiar with the tool. Here;s the whole link, and well worth the read:
thegallopingbeaver.blogspot.com...

Thanks Mescalero. I think he may have helped explain what many suspect.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Tehran U is still there... so's Englehab Square. I found this isna.ir bit of interest and thought I'd add it. Iran ready to respond Iraq claims on oil wells : FM spokesman It's dated the 5th.

There's nothing else even close to weird. Sooner or later they will have to have heard the chatter. LOL. Grab the Gulf on a border provocation and then go for the "stans" on ... already got coms strangled. Built by AEI. Iran is the goal. Payback for the hostage show and business deals gone bad. Last grand gesture of this administration maybe; if there is a next one. They're in legacy mode for W and are behind sked.

Politically and more palatable in public perception it would be easier to hit Iran than Pakistan and "work up" and not down. Where's all the anti-US bucks in the ME come from? Maybe the cableguy coming to call is just a phase maybe even a ruse of sorts.

Look what happened to Iraq and it's "leader" who used to be they're guy... these plans span decades I think. Up close and personal with China and Russia at last once Iran's gone.

What little Iranian press I can get is NOT talking about this at all as a big deal. I'll check the shipping news tomorrow morning and see if there's any alerts for Hormuz.

Vic

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Yknot

I haven't looked into the timing, but I suspect that some of the events were too close in timing and to far apart for them to be carried out by one vessel. Must be more than Carter involved.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join