It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undersea Cables Cut: Oops or Uh-oh?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

You get a star for the find AND for NOT starting another thread! This story is unraveling on ATS with too many threads in my opinion. Thanks for the information....this Sunday, I believe, is Iran's four week UN nuclear inspector's deadline (see my post above in this thread.) And the following is from your link (bold added)...

Cable damage hits one million Internet users in UAE
A total of five cables being operated by two submarine cable operators have been damaged with a fault in each. These are SeaMeWe-4 (South East Asia-Middle East-Western Europe-4) near Penang, Malaysia, the FLAG Europe-Asia near Alexandria, FLAG near the Dubai coast, FALCON near Bandar Abbas in Iran and SeaMeWe-4, also near Alexandria.

Peace

[edit on 4-2-2008 by DancedWithWolves] added link

[edit on 4-2-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think five cut cables leaves little doubt it is intentional!

Now the questions are who and why?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Just my opinion....and more alarmingly....I never thought I would quote this man but here goes...The X Factor in 2008 by...gulp...Pat Buchanan...

The GOP is thus looking at a situation in 2008 where the party will be as divided as Democrats were with Eugene McCarthy, Hubert Humphrey, Bobby Kennedy, and LBJ in 1968, while Democrats will be as united as the GOP was under Nixon. Had George Wallace, who got 13 percent, been out of the '68 race, Nixon would have won in a landslide.

Is there anything that might alter the course of events and affect the war picture by 2008? Indeed: a preemptive strike on Iran.

The X Factor In 2008 Iran By Patrick J. Buchanan

His words not mine.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Awe, hell...

Can we say powder keg?

Thirty Russian aircraft take part in exercises over two oceans

Over 30 Russian strategic bombers and long-range interceptors are participating in joint exercises with a naval task group in the Atlantic and Arctic, an Air Force spokesman said on Friday.

"Two Tu-160 Blackjack, two Tu-95MS Bear and eight Tu-22M3 Backfire-C strategic bombers, two A-50 Mainstay airborne early warning aircraft, four MiG-31 Foxhound and 12 Su-27 Flanker fighters and two Il-78 Midas aerial tankers have been conducting drills since 9.00 a.m. Moscow time [6.a.m. GMT] over the Atlantic and the Arctic oceans," Colonel Alexander Drobyshevsky said.

The current operation is the first large-scale Russian Navy exercise in the Atlantic in 15 years. All combat ships and aircraft involved carry full combat ammunition loads.

More...

???

[edit on 4-2-2008 by loam]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Them cables have some serious shielding to protect them. Looks like it is multi jacketed with steel and plastics. If they was cut then whoever done it has some insight of the exact latitude longitude locations as well has the equipment to do it. I doubt the average Joe could pull something off like that.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I think five cut cables leaves little doubt it is intentional!

Now the questions are who and why?

I don't know who or why; but, here are some odd coincidences:

Cheney
www.worldtribune.com...

After sleeze-balling past the Enron scandal and all the Iraqi Halliburton scandals ... last March they decided to move Cheney's Halliburton company to Dubai, Abu Dabai.

Or

Another coincidence is that the Nuclear Inspection Team is about ready to finish and leave. Remember the Pre-Iraqi invasion when the Nuclear Inspection Team found nada, nothing, zero, zilch, squat in Irag and Dubya made them go back in and search through Sadam's wife's underwear drawers and everything? (Literally). Then ... the team still reporting finding "nothing" while Dubya was beating his WMD drum and he "kicked out" the Inspectors at precisely 10 minutes before the end of the period. That way he could 'say' the mission was never completed.

Okay, well, if they haven't found out enough "dirt" on Iran ... perhaps they are doing this same thing again ... not allowing the final reports to leave Iran or keeping the ME from knowing what the reports say.

OR

Perhaps it has to do with the whole world money situation as I know I read somewhere last night about China "decoupling" their money from Iran's. Seems there's a load of this money "decoupling" going on. Maybe they want Iran to wake up in the dark and find out they've been decoupled? (Whatever the heck the decoupling means anyway, I don't know.)

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Of course, the activity mentioned in this thread doesn't help anxiety levels does it?

SuperBowl Wargames? Or are we on High Alert?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It could also be company sabotage. How do you unlock money and put people to work? Well you create a problem. Or maybe the government did it to put people to work. I wonder if that is part of the stimulus package.
Talk about a conspiracy. Cables meant to last forever down there just suddenly get cut should raise a few flags on all points.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean
It could also be company sabotage.

I thought of this as well.

It's possible.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Looks like that if anything is going to happen behind the cable-cutting, it’s going to be before Feb. 12. Then again, there could be unforeseen delays in repair, like the weather related stuff posted earlier.

IMHO, I don't think anything is going to happen militarily. Attacks tend to happen during the new moon which I believe is the 6th. One anti-missile ship docked in Israel really doesn't indicate imminent military action.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

This makes more sense than anything else considering these cables are owned by COMPANIES, not governments.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ok, don't get alarmed people.. just an observation here.
but the DNS server as4808 Beijing, CN has just dropped out methinks, but only on .mil?
anyone know if this is a normal for it not to respond, as i have never looked at that particular one before.

Interesting none the less. Connected? probably not, but as promised im keeping a closer eye on the bits of the internet i an see from here.
here if you want to keep an eye on dns around the world. Intermapper is a handy tool as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ciewan

Could be the weather - I know the snow/ice has been causing other issues with travel.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Uh, er, ah... what's the USA's collective attention occupied with tomorrow... um, er... nah. Where's the VPOTUSA tonight? Too much weird in a very compressed time frame.

The cable breaks in isolation is only one aspect perhaps of something more integrated and not natural. What would a strike against Iran be like... I'd stock up on "splitting the scene" in at least 4 locations in Iran...

Um, the English language version of isna.ir... not a peep about this... their launch yes. Biz ties to the UK, yes... cultural stuff, yes. Hmmm. Mega-odd... all of it. Still can't get a site inside Iran. Has anyone had any luck? It's just after sun-up there. irna.ir has zippo other than "Iran appeals to Islamic states to help Gazans".

Super-Tuesday night?

Vic

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SolPower

good point... never thought of that one, but looking more deeply, i don't think its a chatty server, there are no pings listed for the last month.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Hello Vic,

Funny meeting you here....thought you might enjoy the connect the dots on Geostrategy Direct

There are three interesting articles there...all in a row.

And this was interesting as well....DNS Backbone

So yeah....plain old corporate undersea cables....we break em...we fix em jobs program...would be a nice alternative. Nite.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

It would seem those particular articles at Geostrat' would lead one to believe there is a heightened sense of awareness if not preparedness by some. Great catch DWW.

Could Iran be simply blissfully unaware? LOL. Um, what if they can't get ATS on the web right now? Yikes! No. They're aware. It's all close quarters in the Gulf. Couple hundred K here, another couple hundred there... missile ship in for a little R&R, couple a five data transmission hassles, the Net is an enemy weapons system, don't need the defense act... coincidence.

It will be interesting to see what happens and who blinks or pulls the trigger first... could just be 21 century harassment and probing.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 4-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Plucky is scared.

They (meaning bad guys in movies) always cut the phone line before they attack.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Sometimes the most simple observations are the most correct ones.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Let's hope it's just poking. I remember doing that to my brother when we were kids. Reminds folks how vulnerable they are doesn't it...being cut off like that. No internet. No phones. If "Mom or Dad" wasn't in the front seat to rescue you when you were getting poked...well you were literally...cut off and left to fend for yourself...like after an undersea cut cable. Take care and will be checking back. Nice to "see" you again.

Peace.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join