It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey faced elephant shrew discovered

page: 1

join
share:
Wig

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Hope this video link works for you, if it doesn't play try clicking on "launch in a stand alone player" and play it with your preferred media viewer (If you don't want to install real player try "real alternative" or VLC player)
video with no sound
www.bbc.co.uk...

It has been discovered on Tanzania by a zoologist from Ruskin University UK.

Here is a News page for the discovery.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Actually it was first encountered in 2005 but not caught and examined. It has been given the scientific name Rhynochocyon udzungwensis. After doing a bit of searching I have found that there are other known species of "elephant shrew" or rhynochocyon but this one is apparently a new one.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I find it funny that a thread that actually has to do with cryptozoology has 0 replies, but a thread called "are vampires real" instantly get like 40 comments.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by baconvein
I find it funny that a thread that actually has to do with cryptozoology has 0 replies, but a thread called "are vampires real" instantly get like 40 comments.

So many people wanting to live in a fantasy World eh?

As for the shrew, it's fantastic that we are finding new creatures every so often. There's so much more to learn about our wonderfull planet, yet people are wanting to blast off to others so fast!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by baconvein

So true. So true.

Shrew are really neat animals. They need to consume something like 80-85% of the body wieght in food each day. Imagine how much they would need to eat if they were the size of maybe a dog.

top topics

join