It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: 'Demonic' militants sent women to bomb markets in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Bunch of #ing idiots.

Now, that's sweet. I take it that you're addressing the insurgents.

One thing is true, how do they know they were handicapped?

For me, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that two people decided to set off bombs in a crowded market and killed a bunch of innocent civilians.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Is it wrong for me to wonder that while people constantly attack certain religions we watch as these radicals blow themselves up in the name of their god? Also, I thought that it was an "honor" to die for Allah (in their mind), now they are strapping bombs to women who we are told are mentally disabled? Where is that honor? (Not that there is ANY honor in killing innocent people in ANY case!)

Maybe I'm responding before I really think about this, but this is my spontaneous response.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I don't know. This isn't something western intelligence would do since it would encourage other women to join this Jihad. Similar to using women against the Israelis.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheVault40
Also, I thought that it was an "honor" to die for Allah (in their mind), now they are strapping bombs to women who we are told are mentally disabled? Where is that honor? (Not that there is ANY honor in killing innocent people in ANY case!)

Because they are cowards. You should have seen them get the kids and teenagers all fired up to go out and fight during the Iran-Iraq War.

Guys that weren't going to get within 50 miles of the fight teaching kids the uses and abuses of an AK47 or RPG, put them on a bus to the front were they promptly get drilled in the eye or ground into burger under a tank tread.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Insurgents?

That word classifies people who fight for their country as terrorists.

We are occupying Iraq. Our soldiers are there against the majority of the population's will.

How would you like it if foreign soldiers invaded your homeland and then stayed as long as they wanted?

Remember the Quartering Act during the Revolutionary war? The Brits were allowed to stay in any American home they wanted to. Well that sounds strikingly similar to what we're doing today.

Mentally disabled or not, this is a tragedy and the victims should be mourned.

However, we are not helping things by sitting around in our Humvees and Abrams tanks acting like we own the place. We don't.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Insurgents?

That word classifies people who fight for their country as terrorists.

So, setting off a couple of bombs in a crowded market place with women and kids is defending your country?

If we were occupied, I think I'd be trying to take out the armed forces of the group that was doing the occupying, not setting a bomb off in the local Mall of America.

That's a coward and terrorist.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I think you're nitpicking right now. If you read my whole post, I never condoned this kind of action.

I do think we are being too quick to judge those who would sacrifice themselves for their homeland though.

As I've said in pretty much every post in this thread, this is a tragedy first and foremost. No amount of talk can change that.

Sorry Iraqis, we #ed up bad. We'll give your land back as soon as we get all the oil out of the ground which make take another 15-20 years.

Then you can have your oil fields back.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The unfortunate thing is that these people have their religion driving them and with a powerful belief people tend to have more of a drive to defend their country while we sit over here bickering about whether or not we should be there (which I don't think we should be) and calling our dead soldiers all kinds of things (those are our real enemies). Obviously I don't think we should be there, but when our soldiers hear about how their own people are cursing them it hurts our morale. I don't know what the solution is, but look at the fact that our military is the most powerful in the world, but these radicals keep doing these kinds of things making us look bad. We have dug ourselves into a hole so deep that the only way to get out eventually is to finish the job that we started. Sometimes I think the real enemy is on our own soil.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This was an attack on Iraqi citizens, not on occupation forces, so I think it's fair to describe those who pulled this off as "terrorists"

Particularly nasty ones in fact.

Admitting this in no way justifies our invasion.

As I just pointed out in another thread, none of these heartwrenching terrorist attacks would be happening if we hadn't invaded.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I think you're nitpicking right now. If you read my whole post, I never condoned this kind of action.

I do think we are being too quick to judge those who would sacrifice themselves for their homeland though.

As I've said in pretty much every post in this thread, this is a tragedy first and foremost. No amount of talk can change that.

Sorry Iraqis, we #ed up bad. We'll give your land back as soon as we get all the oil out of the ground which make take another 15-20 years.

Then you can have your oil fields back.

Nope, not nitpicking your post.

Sacrifice themselves for their homeland by killing their own people? Sorry, I judged them as terrorists. If they were killed trying to take out a US outpost, then they might be considered fighting for their country.

Oh, yeah, the old "War for Oil". If that was the case, we'd have stopped as soon as we overran the oilfields, fortified them, drained them dry, and left by now.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
For those that think that maybe this story isn't true and is propaganda, which I will admit is a possibility, what is the reason for making something like this up? It can't be to just demonize the enemy. If anything it makes the claim of the successful surge a bit diminished.

The republicans are so eager to spout off talking about how the surge has been successful and the violence in Iraq has gone down. Regardless of your politics this is a good thing, but I question how it was achieved. I know that there were deals struck with militants and they agreed to tone it down.

I have a theory I'd like to throw out about these women. Now with the additional soldiers due to the surge they are able to patrol and probably search everyone before they are allowed to enter the market area where the attack took place. This has probably also helped reduce violence and they should be applauded, but what if they didn't bother to search certain people that were regulars and didn't consider them a threat like these two women. Maybe the militants or insurgents, whatever you want to call them, saw them getting through the security without being searched and took advantage of that? That would explain the reason they were used.

I still say, whoever was behind the attack are nothing but a bunch of lowlifes. As others have said the attack wasn't against our troops, it was for some reason I don't understand. I don't agree with invading Iraq, but I don't think that warrants these bombings against civilians.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
.....Maybe the militants or insurgents, whatever you want to call them, saw them getting through the security without being searched and took advantage of that? That would explain the reason they were used.

That's a good point. Stunts like that have been used in past conflicts. Iraqis would be upset if US troops started to really search women, even if it's to keep them safe. Security might have been slack and didn't search them close enough.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
As awful as this attack is, in a terrible way it may be a positive sign.

If they are having so much trouble recruiting suicide bombers that they need to exploit some poor mentally disabled women who probably have no idea what's going on, perhaps the Iraqi sectarian warfare is running out of steam.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Militants killing their own people.
Why didn't they send those mentally disabled women to blow up an American base or something ?
They sent them to kill Iraqis, and I am sure there was no distinction between Shiia or Shiite in that busy market, so it was not a religious attack. If it was religious then they would have bombed a mosque

So why did they do that ? They kill their own people and make sure that because of that bombing the ones keeping the US troops there will have a reason to keep them there for more time.

I do not trust that "terrorists" did that, I am sure it was CIA, same as all other market bombings

Look at the story about that Iraqi soldier that killed 3 American soldiers while on patrol. Iraqi news said that he did it because they were beating a pregnant woman. CNN said he did it because he was an Al Quaeda infiltrated in the Iraqi army.
Some thinking :
Why would an An Quaeda kill randomly 3 soldiers ? He did not need to infiltrate for that. Why didn't his terrorist friends waited for him and allowed him to be caught if indeed killing those soldiers was their plan ?
An infiltrated terrorist was more valuable than just for a random killing. So CNN is lying.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Well, I wouldn't call all insurgents as "demonic", but it was a lower class of scumbag that decided to use two retard women as bomb carriers.

I wouldn`t be suprised if the lower class of scumbag`s
initials were C.I.A

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
So why did they do that ? They kill their own people and make sure that because of that bombing the ones keeping the US troops there will have a reason to keep them there for more time.

Or it was done so that the general populace themselves stop supporting the militants.

Counter-insurgency

According to Liddell Hart, there are few effective counter-measures to this strategy. So long as the insurgency maintains popular support, it will retain all of its strategic advantages of mobility, invisibility, and legitimacy in its own eyes and the eyes of the people. [..] The key to a successful counter-insurgency is the winning-over of the occupied territory's population. If that can be achieved, then the rebellion will be deprived of its supplies, shelter, and, more importantly, its moral legitimacy. Unless the hearts and minds of the public can be separated from the insurgency, the occupation is doomed to fail.

There is absolutely no-sense for the insurgency to have bombed a market filled with people. It would be like biting the hand that feeds you.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I have 8 pieces of shrapnel, 4 steel pins and a plastic plug in my body from being over there, having to deal with those "demons" yet I still respect them [please do not ask me why, but I do, and deep down I may know why]. They are doing what they feel they need to do. [I should have first gotten my masters like me mum and old man told me to do]. Yes it is war, but what you hear from the media, compared to the real truth are 2 entirely different things. They even use their own children to lure troops into scenarios that turn bad quick! Ever have a preteen kid pull a gun on you? Scary. They have mastered the art of urban guerilla warfare. I, personally wasn't prepared for anything like that. Yes, I believe that alot of these so called incidents are staged. Why? Because of the mere fact of the standing ROE in some zones. If you are fired upon and cannot return fire? Yes, cannot return fire. What self respecting commander would issue an ROE such as this? That translates to the bottom line being worth more than soldiers lives. To quote Tranceopticalinclined "Too many Self Intrests people have run their greasy greedy lil paws on this countrys backbone." [sorry if I went off topic, but it was just a personal observation and experience]

[edit on 2-2-2008 by sir_stinky_pinky]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Reply to pai mei

Ahhhh you have made a very Good point my friend, I always thought about that aswel.

Why would insurgents kill their own people with those huge bombs when they could have killed 10k more US troops if those were used on tank/humvees continuously. They could have literally defeated the US and send them marching back home Vietnam style.

Very interesting though! This has kinda open the doors to a totally new level of CIA involvement committing mass genocide to keep the fuel tankers making their runs.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57

Why would insurgents kill their own people

They didn't kill their own people.
They are not Iraqi's, and have no love for the lives of the Iraqi people. They murder innocent Iraqi people in a hopeless bid to intimidate.

Their leaders are all Cowards.
Not one of them has the courage to step forward and fight. That is why they have to hide behind women, children and animals, and order the death of women and children.

Even bin laden says he wishs to be a martyr, but instead of facing the enemy he created, he lives in hiding like a liar and a pig.

One day they will face allah's wrath for murdering so many of his children.
That will be a great day for all people.

That will be a day for the great happy dance.

[edit on 2/2/08 by makeitso]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Reply to makeitso

They are not Iraqi's, and have no love for the lives of the Iraqi people. They murder innocent Iraqi people in a hopeless bid to intimidate.

Yeh but I am sure they rather use those bombs to blow tanks and humvees than blowing up food markets. Their aim is to kick the US out in order to establish their own power Not give US excuse to stay for longer.Plus blowing up markets will make the people turn against them not With them.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join