It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: 'Demonic' militants sent women to bomb markets in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

U.S.: 'Demonic' militants sent women to bomb markets in Iraq

www.cnn.com

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Two mentally disabled women were strapped with explosives Friday and sent into busy Baghdad markets, where they were blown up by remote control, a top Iraqi government official said.

The bombs killed at least 98 people and wounded more than 200 at two popular pet markets on the holiest day of the week for Muslims, authorities said.

In both bombings, the attackers were mentally disabled women whose explosive belts were remotely detonated, Gen. Qasim Atta, spokesman for Baghdad's security plan, told state television.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I was disappointed to hear this morning that the relative calm in Baghdad had been interrupted by the news of yet another suicide bombing, but I was appalled when reading this article telling that mentally disturbed women were used in the attack. Undoubtedly, the women had no idea what was happening and the real attackers detonated the bombs remotely.

Words can't describe these lowlife people, and even the word "demonic" used in the title doesn't do them justice.

I guess they ran out of martyrs and are becoming even more desperate. That is the only positive thing I see coming from this.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Its amazing the words they use to desribe each others peoples. Arabs think america is land of lucifer, and now americans think these are demonic posessed.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Undoubtedly, the women had no idea what was happening and the real attackers detonated the bombs remotely.

You assume much by assuming that they had no idea what was happening. Who is to say that these women didn't decide to do this of their own accord but the people running the show were a little wary of giving them their own detonators.

If you have a mentally disabled son, you might let him help you build a deck but you aren't going to give him the nail-gun.

Sure it is horrible, but it is a war zone!

Jon

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That is bad---if that's what really went down....

i still have the foul taste of the alledged tossing of preemie babies
out of incubators...when Iraq troops invaded Kuwait.

that actrocity turned out to be spin by allied/Intelligence propaganda
or maybe just from the Office of Special Operations (before it became an
official part of the Bush-Cheney administrations)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
Jon

So all of Iraq is a war zone? And everyone is a target? If this War is against America how can you or anyone feel this is just another war related action by blowing up a market full of nothing but civilians.

Can you tell me who the war is then against?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Civil war is still war.

Screw the one-line doctrine.

Jon

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I would rarely call anyone demonic. In war we must always demonize the enemy so that we can hate them and kill them easier, but strapping bombs to two mentally disabled women is about the closest thing to demonic that I have heard in a while. I'm sure the thinking is that these people should have been put to death at birth anyway so there is no problem with them dying. I guess war really is hell on earth.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is bad, but this proves my point on how safe Iraq really is. People argue that Iraq is a lot safer then it was in 2003. Yes, it is, but death is still a part of their everyday lives. I used to live in Iraq before operation sandstorm. I visited Iraq last year and you can see how much poverty has increased. Women are being treated worse then when I used to live there. So US has done nothing but ruin an okay nation.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Its not against anyone but ideals.

Its all about one faction out of 40 want things this way, and this side wants things this way but would tottaly counteract what we did for side 1, then side 3 is like Oh well if they got it like that I want it like that and side 4 an 5 an 6 are going on about how they want people to wear this color on them while the rest are upset about bathroom times or something,

Its a Crock of SHEEEEEEEEEP!

We are only concerned with this area becuz its soo close to our " Lively Hood investments in Oil " When in all actuallity,

If we stayed here, focused on ourselves for a change, we would have no need for oil cept to make plastics. lol But no no, they are more interested in trying to either Bankrupts USA or Boost it thru arms sales and war funding so they have this war in iraq, becuz they dont want Ossama who Prolly knows all about some beefy intel an can or wants to reclaim the oil fields for all we know

This could all be staged and Osama been hiden isnt hiden but recluding, Hermiting so that his deal with usa cia was carried out, War for america seems to always make someone rich. this is all I see now, Is guberment actions resulting in Private person gains which is like a huge stone to the face, " WE ARE WORKING TOGETHER "

Our System is Swiss Cheesed. and I wouldnt be suprised to see it crumble soon, Too many Self Intrests people have run their greasy greedy lil paws on this countrys backbone, and Honestly, I am Sure that change is ineviable.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If the details of (ab)using the mentally-disabled are true then this is a truely sickening act...

However, the statements that the bombers were disabled are attributed to Coalition-allied Iraqi security personnel, and whilst the act was horrific in itself, it seems that an agenda to further demonise the coalition-opposition to the eyes of the public has been spun

From the CNN source in the OP:

In both bombings, the attackers were mentally disabled women whose explosive belts were remotely detonated, Gen. Qasim Atta, spokesman for Baghdad's security plan, told state television.

An aide to Atta said that people referred to the bomber at central Baghdad's al-Ghazl market as the "crazy woman" and that the bomber at a second market had an unspecified birth disability.

As long as there is a force of occupation in Iraq and the militants fight back, there will only ever be a skewed media bias in favour of the occupier to spin the media reports to enrage public and raise continued support for the public

[edit on 1-2-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
You assume much by assuming that they had no idea what was happening. Who is to say that these women didn't decide to do this of their own accord but the people running the show were a little wary of giving them their own detonators.

Even if they did, and volunteered to do it, that doesn't make it any less humane to use a mentally handicapped person for a suicide bombing.

If you have a mentally disabled son, you might let him help you build a deck but you aren't going to give him the nail-gun.

You also wouldn't use your son to blow people up, would you?

Yes it is horrible, and I'm sorry that you accept that so nonchalantly, but it is mass murder any way you slice it. There is no reason for using this tactic as they gain nothing from it.

I think the use of the term "mentally disturbed" applies to those "running the show" as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The fact that someone who is mentally challenged will accept trust and is easier to guide since they have the mind of a child is what is the problem. Has it become so har to convince an intelligent man to blow themselves up that they now must 'fool' those less intelligent? It is sick to think that they would do such a thing but they sure did not hold back with the beheadings and hanging of our own troops so why not this? It is horrible bit......

According to SSS, that as long as these people could live on their own, they would be accepted by the US Army also.

link

Man, what a country....

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
As always, Iraq is just one big mess with things as they are now. My heart goes out to those who have suffered with these losses.

What part of the story is real and just the work of the US spin doctors? Who are the witnessed that can identify the "crazy women"? Aren't they all now dead or seriously injured.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well, I wouldn't call all insurgents as "demonic", but it was a lower class of scumbag that decided to use two retard women as bomb carriers.

Regardless if they were retarded or not, where's the moral outrage, where are the hate-filled diatribes against the ones that are doing this? They set off bombs in a pet market. Lot of women and children in them.

Yet no one seems to have any sort of problem with that?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

They used dogs, cows, sheep as expendable ABIEDs. Why this any different?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I just found this out ... I'm too emotional now to comment on it but only want to say that always in the back of my mind, I thought eventually they would be using mentally disabled people ... women first.

I find this so horrific, for once in my life, I'm speechless.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I love how you all jumped the bandwagon on this one.

Where is the proof that they were mentally disabled?

The 'crazy woman' and a birth-defected woman were used, however, how do we know for sure?

When I first read the title of the article I thought they were calling the US demonic which probably makes more sense IMO. We've killed many more people in our time in Iraq than any amount of suicide bombing could do.

I don't really give a # if you call them terrorists or militants or insurgents, they're still people and deserve the same right to life that every single one of us do.

I think pro-war US militants use that excuse to continue the destruction of Iraq and Afghanistan with no care about the death toll.

Sure, they're all 'bad' people so its ok to kill them.

Bunch of #ing idiots.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Whether mentally disabled or not, to me, blowing yourself up is crazy enough in my view.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't think I condoned any kind of suicide bombing.

In many militant Islamist minds, (70?) virgins are waiting for them at the gates of heaven.

I think they need to pay more attention to the fine print as it doesn't mention anything about murdering innocent people...

However, does that mean they're terrible people? No. Misguided? Yes.

If this story is true, and a group did send disabled women to their deaths along with hundreds others, then a serious tragedy occurred and I apologize if I offended anyone.

This story does stink of western intelligence propaganda though, can't you smell it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join