It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have they been?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is my first time posting on ATS so please be gentle. If this has already been brought up feel free to let me know.

My question is this....How come UFO sightings seem to come in groups of time? What I mean by this is in the 40's and 50's UFO sightings were all over the place. People are finding documents dated back to the 40's and 50's. Then it kinda dies down until about the 90's on up. Were we not visited in the hippie/disco era? Or were we to wraped up in our own concerns that we didnt notice them?

I maybe total off key on this, but it is just an observastion of mine. If this thread was started somewhere else please let em know where. I would like to see what you all have to say on this.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I guess noone wants to add anything to this so the mods can go ahead a delete it. Thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here's my thoughts on the subject. Signtings in the 1950's i guess can be explained as partly due to public fear. Remember the Cold War was in full swing, and it is possible alot of the sightings were down to the military flying high altitude jets and stuff, like the u2. As to flaps since then well i'd say we were in one right now. Interesting though that flaps occur at times of heightend world tensions. It leads me to beleive that perhaps some of the UFO's are observers from the future. although mixed in i would also say some are of ailen origin as well. Hopefully more posters will come along later with better explanations than mine !!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the response. I agree that it seems that sightings do occur more often during high tension times. What makes me wonder is why only during these times? Are we as humans so preoccupied with our daily life that we ignore whats going on untill were forced to look at it. Thus when something comes along like what were in now we need to "make" something up to deal with the pressure. I have no doubt in my mind that alien life exsits so I'm not trying to denounce them, and the thought that future people are watchign these events is interesting, if not more interesting then the thought of aliens. I suppose my question and courosity will be hard to statisfy, but someday I hope we will be enlightened with an answer.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
UFO sitings occur all the time. Charles Fort (born 1874, died 1932) spent years in libraries researching all kinds of phenomenon. He documented hundreds of UFO cases from the 1700 and 1800's. There are tons of cases from the 60's, 70's and 80's which you seemed to skip over. Project Bluebook which the govt started so as to question people about the UFO phenomenon was continued all through the 60's. How much you hear about UFO sitings has more to do with whether you keep up with the info or how often TV documentaries decide to cover the subject. Most people who see UFOs don't report them anyway, so it's impossible to know whether there is a slowdown in sitings.

new topics

top topics

join