It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the government developing electromagnetic stealth??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I was looking at the jobs at area 51 on JT3 (joint test tactics and training). There were a couple of jobs requiring knowledge of electromagnetic theory related to radar. There is an example:

The incumbent must possess demonstrated skill & experience in: antenna theory, modeling, and measurement (parabolic & array); radar systems theory and experience; electromagnetic theory as it relates to radar signal propagation and multipath; and RF measurement theory and practice.

Is military developing kind of electromagnetic stealth?? Any ideas how it could work??

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You're making a huge leap to a conclusion. This could be a job description for someone who would be developing and/or testing a radar system. Of course you'd want them to know electromagnetic theory since radars emit electromagnetic radiation. In fact everything in that list is what you might call "Radar 101." It could apply to stealth, since understanding radar is key to understanding how stealth works, but the jump right to "electromagnetic stealth" isn't supported by the requirements listed.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sovietman

Electromagnetic research could be used in "Mass Reduction Technology" (which is a step towards anti-gravity or repelling gravity). This would make an aircraft "lighter" by reducing the effect of gravity, thereby extending range and improving fuel consumption, as well as allowing a greater "payload" than would be allowed for a given gross weight of the aircraft. Probably very theoretical at this point. However, the world of black ops is rumored to include such things.

Hopup

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
mtmaraca is 100% right, the description seems to imply construction, testing, or design of a new radar. But anyways, there is already 'electronic stealth'. It's called. Radar Jammer and it's been around for a while now.

I usually don't like to point people to wikipedia, but for this case I think it would be a good start:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 11-2-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yeah I agree. I really made a huge leap. Well Hopup Dave I think stealth is still more possible than anti-gravity

new topics

top topics

join