It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Day Off Cigarettes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
STAY AWAY FROM SMOKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is why I haven't bneen able to quit. I wish I could. I could get off the heart pills if I did.:bash:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
my good buddy has been trying to quit for a long few months... i know how u feel...

I am blessed of being able to smoke cigs whenever i want and not be adicted...

I can have 3 in a day or 3 a month and just be fine, just whenerver i feel like one...

Good luck buddy...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hey Semper. My good friend, you can do anything you put your mind to.
I quit smoking cold turkey many years ago. I just focussed on things that were much more important.
You have my full support, and you always will.Keep us posted, definitely.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Good luck my friend . Personally i would rather kick H than my smokes.
But were here with ya . Hope you all the best . If your successful come back and give the rest of us some hope

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hey Semper...How are you doing with all of this? Just stopping by to cheer you on

[edit on 2/4/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ok Semper!

I am watching YOU.

'
I hope you never ever again pick up that nasty habit. You just may be my inspiration...i need help also! I am a cigarrette junkie and its about time to let those go!
Be my role model and my inspiration, wont you?

I wish you all the luck in the world, and pray that you will stop forever, my friend. I'm sending you love and good wishes and the hope for a new way of life.
Take care, sweetheart, you are one person i wouldnt want to see suffer later on in life

Love,
DG

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Good Luck and I know you can do it.

Let us know how it's going and maybe you'll inspire me to quit.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well a couple of set backs, but I am not giving up...

I have had a total of 5 since Friday.. That's down from 2+ packs a day..

I'm pretty proud so far, but still struggling...

I keep telling myself that anything worth while is difficult to accomplish..

I didn't learn climbing, shooting or even debating overnight..

Thanks all of you...

Semper

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Good luck!

[edit on 4-2-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

You're doing better then I ever have.

Hang in there you'll win this fight too.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Dude your doing great compared to you 2+ packs a day! I'm still looking for the will power to stop...keep it up man!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Don't give up Semper!

I've quit cold turkey as well, for about a month now. These Chew Sticks are lifesavers for me. An all natural alternative that promotes good gum/teeth health while keeping your hands and mouth occupied. They are great, helped me out tremendously. I highly recommend them to anyone trying to quit.

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Haven't seen you on here in awhile semper old man so I thought I would check your profile to see if you were still with the living. Glad that you are... you are my favorite conservative on ATSNN LOL even though we disagree on everything I still count you as a friend.

I quit cigarettes three times... each time cold turkey. The first time lasted 5 years and the 2nd 3 years... its over 9 years now... I learned the first two times that you cannot let yourself be tempted into thinking that you can handle em now or one won't hurt you, or for that matter let stress get to you or you will fail. Still after all this time, if I were to have a cigarette today, I would be back up to two packs within a week or two.

Of course after 3 weeks of not smoking, the wait staff where I worked as a chef, chipped in and bought me a carton... I laughed and refused to accept it despite their pleading. LOL

Invest in the time you haven't smoked. That is what I did... I've gone over nine years now (for example, or 9 days or 9 hours, whatever) if I smoke now I have wasted that time and energy... just like an AAer does not drinking... the longer you go the more valuable that invested time becomes and the harder it becomes to waste it... if I am making sense. Anyway it worked for me but I tell ya sometimes even after 9+ years a cigarette smells awlful good... my father (may he rest in peace) said it still held true after 30 years.

Of course having COPD thanks to my smoking makes it easier now to say no.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by grover]

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
Cigarettes.... mmmmmmmmm

I love them, the taste and the smell, everything about them.

I have loved them for 33 years and that's long enough.

I have put them down and now I need all of you to send me positive thoughts, prayers and whatever else you can to help me not pick them back up.

I do not have an addictive personality, thank goodness, but that is a long time to be doing something and now all of a sudden, I'm not...

So, all my friends, wish me luck...

Semper

good luck dude, i smoked for plenty of years and living a lot of tim on a boat sometimes makes me still want a ciggy after giving up more than 6 years.
patches are good, they help stop some of the cravings

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

I smoked for 36 years gave up 14 October 2014 you just have to make the decision that thats it no more.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
how you going op, still of the durries
?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join