It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myspace deletes athiests!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

happens every sunday here in the good ole bible belt. cant buy nothing but food and meds until after church lets out.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
*edit* Meh.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
It seems myspace didn't delete anything. Hackers are going around deleting all religious myspace pages and this Atheists page was also hit. Myspace put back the guys website for him. www.myspace.com...

So much for that. I often accuse atheists for self-victimization and trying to come off as oppressed etc. Now to see that this entire fiasco was a misunderstanding...

their case seems ever weaker.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

I don't think you're referring to the Massachusetts law that Scientist referred to. Anyway, there are blue laws that don't refer specifically to Sunday.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

That's why it's called a conundrum.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
So much for that. I often accuse atheists for self-victimization and trying to come off as oppressed etc. Now to see that this entire fiasco was a misunderstanding...

their case seems ever weaker.

Only if you actually ignore what the owner of the site said. The hacker vandalised the site months ago, eventually myspace fixed. But users had been perm banned. The owner asked myspace to reinstate them. The replied saying they would be deleting the group. Then they deleted the group.

Now the myspace page has been reinstated.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Doubled

[edit on 2-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
reply to post by DaleGribble

I don't think you're referring to the Massachusetts law that Scientist referred to. Anyway, there are blue laws that don't refer specifically to Sunday.

point being, hacking isn't illegal in sweden. and unnamed substances are legal in various states within the US, and various countries throughout the world (despite their own "blue laws'). See the parallel now?

[edit on 2-2-2008 by scientist]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

There's more than one way to read a line. How's that for a parallel.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't believe in god and I know that religion was created to control and brainwash the humanity. But I still don't show my atheistic views everywhere because lots of people don't like it. People don't like independent individuals and always want to dominate them.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

I don't believe this is true as I know an atheist whose myspace page is still active and has been for years.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horusnow
being on there is simply the wrong thing. ATS members are the first ones to realize they should delete their accounts if they have any.

It really depends what you use it for... I'm a musician and myspace has been a fantastic promotional and networking tool for me. I have quite a large fanbase now and have been contacted and offered distribution deals for my music by various record labels and it's all been through myspace.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

not that law particularly but they still have a few off the wall blue laws that are strictly inforced.

as i said in an earlier post, why dont these people just start their own site?

then they dont have to be banned.

next well have people all upset over myspace banning preditors.

freedom of speach works two ways. those people have the same rights to express themselves as the owners of myspace do. if they dont want them there then they need to find some where else to go.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Yet further proof that christianity is un-American.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to discriminate against a persons religion, just like it's illegal to discriminate against a persons race. If Myspace did in fact delete this group, it would be the equivalent of deleting an African group because Myspace doesn't like black people.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cthulwho
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to discriminate against a persons religion, just like it's illegal to discriminate against a persons race. If Myspace did in fact delete this group, it would be the equivalent of deleting an African group because Myspace doesn't like black people.

Heh, didn't you hear above, it's the american way

If someone wants to not allow atheists on their webpages, the can do so. If they want to refuse atheists service in a shop, they can do so. If they want to make atheists use a separate bathroom, they can do so.

Of course, it just shows that these people are small-minded bigots. But it's the american way, heh.

At the moment, we have women in the UK being refused treatment by muslim dentists because they don't wear a headscarf. But it's the muslim way!

[edit on 4-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
wow this is sick, i am not a atheist, i am a heathen
but i support their right of FREE SPEECH

myspace can suck my heathen balls, wonder if they are going to ban me to for being a heathen.

ow btw, the religious right ? this has nothing to do with left or rightwinged, stop thinking in those terms, in my land the biggest protectors of religion are leftwinged and the biggest atheist are rightwinged, so you can not put it into boxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join