It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myspace deletes athiests!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by robert204
and is there a spell checker on here and if so where is it? any help with this thanks

Get Firefox, it is probably the best browser I have ever used. It has a built in pop up blocker, and you can add a spell checker to it, to spell check anything you type.

Now back on topic, myspace can do what it wants. as put forth in the Terms and Agreement.

myspace.com
MySpace.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the MySpace Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. MySpace expressly reserves the right to remove your profile and/or restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any part of MySpace Services if MySpace determines, in its sole discretion.

They can fight all they want. Even though it is wrong, they can do it.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCP
So freedoms are only important if they support something you believe in. Myspace should have the freedom to kick off their site anyone they want. So create your own networking site and if you get 35,000 people to join you will make millions in ad revenue.

BTW, don't try to join eharmony, because they will kick anyone's non god(should non god be hyphenated??) believing butt off of that site too.(happened to a girl i know) i would like to point out that most people on eharmony will have premarital sex with the person that they are matched with...ironic huh

That is Frakin' funny.
Well it is own by Murdoch the fox guy right. And he those what he thinks is best for bringing in the people. Meybe he was afraid of a cyber Jihad. He thinks the way he would when they skip on a scrip from a show if its a scandal waiting to be made.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
it reminds me of ATS recently, where after many many months of use they removed the athiest chat thread after they banned major malfunction (an athiest) for U2U violation which she claims she never did.

pulling the original athiest chat thread was a bit underhand imo.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

wow, so thats what happened to MM. How unfortunate. It seems half my friend list is banned.

Heh, perhaps Murdoch has his fingers in more websites than we realize...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It seems myspace didn't delete anything. Hackers are going around deleting all religious myspace pages and this Atheists page was also hit. Myspace put back the guys website for him. www.myspace.com...

Update: 2/1/8, 2:30 p.m. Est. Group Restored! (though regulars appear to still be banned). No one at myspace has contacted me, but someone obviously got the group back. Thanks to all, and myspace. I hope the group can live up to expectations given the strong community support we got re all this.

I just love the fact that they posted this press release all over the place and none of it was true and in the end Myspace, the company they were bashing all over the internet, was the one who restored their page. I wonder if there will be a press release for that?

Oh the drama!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

id give you ten more stars for that post if i could. that has to be one of the most intelligent posts ive ever read.

edit: the post about the t&c being the same

[edit on 15pmu92007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

There is a big difference between ATS barring discussions of illegal activities and facebook barring discussions of perfectly legal activities (atheism). The ATS rules are set up to avoid criminal or civil liability. The people that own this website are probably also decent people who do not want the website they set up to support clearly immoral people like pedophiles.

On the other hand, being an atheist is a perfectly legal activity. While many reasonable people may disagree with atheists' philosophical views and I would imagine there are some bad atheist people out there (just as there are bad Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc) , no reasonable person can say atheism is per se immoral.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
It seems myspace didn't delete anything. Hackers are going around deleting all religious myspace pages and this Atheists page was also hit. Myspace put back the guys website for him. www.myspace.com...

I dunno, if you take what the guy said as kosher, he was sent an e-mail by myspace telling him they were going to delete the group, very soon after the group was deleted.

Three months ago, my account was hacked. The hacker took control of the group and renamed it "Jesus is love".

It took almost a month of constant emailing to Myspace just to get them to restore the group. I lost my profile (3000 friends; dozens of blogs), and the hacker banned many regular users.

Banning on a Myspace group is oddly permanent / can't be undone. So, I sent more requests asking Myspace to un-ban my regulars.

I got an email back-- finally; after about 3 weeks of requests for help-- saying "thank you for the information. We have scheduled the group for deletion."

Literally 5 minutes later, the group was deleted. I think it's ironic that Myspace's response to my persistent and sincere request for help was to delete the group!

www.myspace.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I've had alot of non christian friends banned for not breaking the rules in the forums.. they should have it written somewhere that disagreeing with the mods religious convictions is a no-no.

I know of one other incident where a group of 8000+ had been handed to someone else to look after for a short while.. she was then banned and he change it into giant add for his payed community site. Myspace seem very inconsistant when it comes to enforcing the rules.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

I will have to ask this.
Was the group doing what I have seen a fair amount of atheists do?
Which is attacking the religious people for their "superstitions"?
Calling them dangerous sheeple?
Otherwords being all around contentious gits bent on proving everyone elses beliefs are below their own?
I am not saying ALL atheists act this way, just like not all Christians are annoying bible thumping attack the unbeliever (Gawd Warriors to quote a TV show). But a fair amount of both groups do act such and it ruins the views of both groups by those that have a hard time seeing beyond the more obnoxious members of whatever group.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ok, so myspace didn't delete them, could somebody replace the word "Myspace" to "Hackers" in the thread title then?

Just to get it right.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

There is a big difference between ATS barring discussions of illegal activities and facebook barring discussions of perfectly legal activities (atheism).

oh, I beg to differ.

www.mass.gov...

CHAPTER 272. CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER

Chapter 272: Section 36. Blasphemy

Section 36. Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by scientist]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

I'm sure someone has posted this by now...but you know, Rupert Murdock and Fox News owns myspace now right....

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i dont know how the rest of the country works, but in south carolina as a buisness you have the right to refuse service to anyone of your choice and for no good reason you just have to say no. and each and every buisness has a sign posted to that effect.

its a free country right, the people that own myspace have the religous freedom to ban people from their site. the same as those people have the freedom to start their own web site.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Ok, so myspace didn't delete them, could somebody replace the word "Myspace" to "Hackers" in the thread title then?

Just to get it right.

But apparently myspace did delete the group. The same guy who was talking about the hackers vandalising the site suggested that was the case.

The hackers vandalised the site. Myspace fixed it. The group owner found that many users had been permanently banned from the group by the hacker. Owner asked myspace to fix it. Myspace eventually replies by saying the group will be deleted. Then the group is deleted.

Therefore, myspace apparently deleted the group.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Gawd, and leave it to a Southerner to refuse the service! btw...I grew up in the South and had to put up with this mentality for most of my life, so I reserve the right to comment on this...

and finally for my comment on this thread...can you say "straw man"?

[edit on 2-2-2008 by skyshow]

[edit on 2-2-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by AshleyD

it was a group. when a similar thing had happened to a large christian group on myspace, tom himself restored the group and put safeguards to prevent the problem from happening again

with the atheists, they just get their group deleted...

actually tom has nothing to do with myspace anymore he is just a figurehead. pretty face that started everything and now they keep his face there bc everyone knows him.

this seems like simple hatemongering to me. how many groups are in myspace that people dont know about and are seriuously bad? there should be some precedent against this. myspace and the company that owns it are based in cali thats in the us, so there should be something stating that they have to follow the same laws. they cannot have one religous group while deleting the other. it violates the constitution and freedom laws.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au
it reminds me of ATS recently, where after many many months of use they removed the athiest chat thread after they banned major malfunction (an athiest) for U2U violation which she claims she never did.

pulling the original athiest chat thread was a bit underhand imo.

WTF????!???!???

that sucks i mean i know she and i butted heads from time to time but hell that was the fun part. i liked having discussions with her.

.........shame

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Murdoch hates atheists? Maybe Murdoch wants to show atheists a bit what its like to suffer the hand of God.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

That's what's known as a "blue law". Care to cite any cases where that law has been enforced lately? I don't think that you will find any.

Definitions of "Blue Law"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join