It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myspace deletes athiests!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
well it looks like big brother is doing whatever it takes to promote the religious right:
MySpace Deletes Largest Atheist Group in the World.

Social networking site, MySpace.com, panders to religious intolerants by deleting atheist users, groups and content.

Early this month, MySpace again deleted the Atheist and Agnostic Group (35,000 members). This deletion, due largely to complaints from people who find atheism offensive, marks the second time MySpace has cancelled the group since November 2007.

What’s unique in this case is that the Atheist and Agnostic Group was the largest collection of organized atheists in the world. The group had its own Wikipedia entry, and in April won the Excellence in Humanist Communication Award (2007) from the Humanist Chaplaincy at Harvard University and the Secular Student Alliance.

Here is the link: www.secularstudents.org...

delete your account and tell them how you feel...this is worse then any facebook info spewing story.

Mod Edit: to apply external quote code, please review this link
Mod Edit: Posting work written by others, please review this link

[edit on 2-2-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
FULL STORY....SORRY FOR THE REPEAT
www.secularstudents.org...

Sorry, full posting of stories is not allowed.
Mod Edit: Posting work written by others, please review this link

[edit on 2-2-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
i don't understand... so what?

Murdoch hates atheists.
Murdoch owns MySpace.

that's all you need to know! It's no more unfair than ATS not allowing the discussion of certain topics, or ATS banning someone for talking about those topics. So are people fighting to get back on myspace now?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think the point is that it is wrong, I t does not matter who these people are the fact is they have a right to be who they want, if this was a Christian group we would probably be at war now screaming foul.

Im in several Pagan groups on My-space does that mean those groups are going to be deleted also? if these people could put aside their pathetic hypocricy the world would be so much better off.

And you said its only My-space so what, these small things have a habit of becoming big things which then in turn end up people being hurt.

Nice Find OP

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I guess that Atheists will now have to move on to Facebook.

Let's see if Facebook does the same. Because we know it's corrupt, too.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
My only question would be as my space or ats are privately owned enititys
why would they not have the right do refuse service or space or time or anything to those they dont like or want?just becuse it is a popular net site not make it any less a private enitity, they can delete or add who or what they want,if you dont like that you could go and start your own web site where you can decide the what and who's?

and is there a spell checker on here and if so where is it? any help with this thanks

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by robert204

As for spell checker, if you have some word program on your computer, like Microsft Word or Word Perfect, you can type your post in that, use the spell checker there and then cut and paste it into your post. That is what I do and it helps!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
They didn't get everybody. A good friend of mine is still up over there.
I'm sure it won't be long before the JesuNazi's find him though.

[edit on 2/1/2008 by Anatomic Bomb]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
thanks jdposey,thought maybe they had one hide on here somewhere.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is just more proof to MS and FB being cotrolled by all the wrong people WE chat about on this forum. Still lots of us have our profiles online. This means we ARE being controlled. pretty ironic isn't it. Wrong or not deleting atheists, being on there is simply the wrong thing. ATS members are the first ones to realize they should delete their accounts if they have any.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

actually, the sister group on facebook is already quite large, it's 16,451 members strong, and probably isn't going anywhere soon

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It's no more unfair than ATS not allowing the discussion of certain topics, or ATS banning someone for talking about those topics. So are people fighting to get back on myspace now?

what such topics are they.....? ........ but besides that, i don't use myspace, never have......I haven't really gotten into it but i get the drama with all this athiest stuff

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Was it a Myspace Group that was deleted or individual accounts of atheists? Or both?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

it was a group. when a similar thing had happened to a large christian group on myspace, tom himself restored the group and put safeguards to prevent the problem from happening again

with the atheists, they just get their group deleted...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Ah, thanks for answering my question. I know we are allowed to choose our religious beliefs in a scroll down menu for our profile and thought they mass deleted anyone who selected "atheist" as their choice.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind the group deletion or what the reason given for this was? Obviously we know Myspace is a private entity and can deny access to anyone they wish but did they say why they came to this decision?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Myspace.com is owned by heathens. So it's not a surprise when they do horrible things to people in general.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

It's no more unfair than ATS not allowing the discussion of certain topics, or ATS banning someone for talking about those topics. So are people fighting to get back on myspace now?

what such topics are they.....?

from the ATS terms of service:

Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

mind you, this only means you aren't allowed to talk about any of the aforementioned topics in a positive light. You are, however, allowed to bash drug users, hackers, whiter collar criminals and sexual deviants until you go blue in the face (or get carpal tunnel, whichever comes first).

Basically, this is the same practice as myspace banning a pro-atheist message. For MySpace, it's the opium of the masses, for ATS it's just plain opium.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Okay, I'll have to post this story on my own MySpace page and see how long it takes to get my account deleted. I've just started back with MySpace after being gone about 1 year or so. I haven't looked into the groups yet.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

I almost forgot to add the following:
Stars and flagged this thread also.

DCP

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So freedoms are only important if they support something you believe in. Myspace should have the freedom to kick off their site anyone they want. So create your own networking site and if you get 35,000 people to join you will make millions in ad revenue.

BTW, don't try to join eharmony, because they will kick anyone's non god(should non god be hyphenated??) believing butt off of that site too.(happened to a girl i know) i would like to point out that most people on eharmony will have premarital sex with the person that they are matched with...ironic huh

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join