It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky things happened with my head. (power of the mind?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Out in the street last night, I discovered that if you put a cell phone to your head when it has no signal you get full signal. I was trying to make a call with my friend's one (I don't use the horrible things) and after having no signal for about 10 minutes I put it to my head and suddenly there was full signal. It worked on someones elses head also so it's not just me.

. I took my investigations (lol) further, tried using a car remote lock when it was out of range by putting it to my head and this also worked. I found these things quite amazing even. makes me think that there is alot about our brains and powers we have that we dont understand. Can anyone explain how this might happen?

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Out in the street last night, I discovered that if you put a cell phone to your head when it has no signal you get full signal. I was trying to make a call with my friend's one (I don't use the horrible things) and after having no signal for about 10 minutes I put it to my head and suddenly there was full signal. It worked on someones elses head also so it's not just me.

. I took my investigations (lol) further, tried using a car remote lock when it was out of range by putting it to my head and this also worked. I found these things quite amazing even. makes me think that there is alot about our brains and powers we have that we dont understand. Can anyone explain how this might happen?

Ummm...your body/bones acts kinda like an antenna. (A groundplane would be a better word) www.atis.org...
It will amplify signals, ever been close to a radio that actually had an antenna and grabbed it? If there was static it will decrease or increase slightly or if there is no static you can cause static. You probably won't hear it in the FM band range, but you will on AM.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the information NetStorm! I'm not very clued up in the science department, it startled me to see these things happen. I am still a firm believer that our brains are super powerfull. . . we only use a small portion of it.

new topics

join