It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-gravity and the search for Dr. Ning-Li

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
BFFT:

Posted this three years back...

What I remember from when I was active on the Huntsville/Redstone scene was that the advanced propulsion guys had stroked her what they call "other funding" for 500K, which is like an off the books SBIR.

We used to get them from the Arsenal from time to time, but it's an out of channels thing they generally reserve for stuff they need fast, or it's sensitive and unexpected. The normal stuff they budget for.

The same year, Boeing's PhantomWorks got stroked 32 million of "other funding" to complete production of a metamaterial shielded test aircraft, not that they're connected, but that's the sort of thing they OF you for. Given that it was maybe 2004 (I'd have to go look in the archives), it was sort of ahead of the "Harry Potter Cloak" news you didn't hear until maybe 2008, and at that time PW had completed the static test stand runs with a functional material, but I digress.

As I recall the scuttlebutt, the funding was to produce a prototype, but she took the money and did basic research to extend the theory, they got peeved with her spending the funding and not doing what she agreed. At some point you just quit hearing about her and it was like she dropped off the face of the earth.

We moved the company to Florida not long after that, so we're not in town or I'd go recheck the Dr Li situation.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

This is what you posted:

posted on 21-1-2007 @ 10:06 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Go find out where Dr Ning Li went, give her a call.

She used to work with the "non traditional propulsion systems" group there in Huntsville, got some Gubmint funding (500K?), did some research, started a company and I don't know where she went to after that.

She was doing a lot of work in UAH's space plasma department.

Seems to match very well with what I dug up. It was either Baker or Koczor who talked about the 500k she recieved (it is back a few pages, and a couple years).

I know your name. Perhaps from here, perhaps from another forum (AtlantisRising, maybe?).

Thanks for posting.
The first person insight is always nice.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
O'course, what she would have gotten was less "anti-gravity" than "anti-inertia", which is what Podkletnov saw and not what he was expecting, which may have contributed to his difficulty in reproducing it.

Podkletnov should have tried his experiment in a hollow superconducting shell under rotation instead of an open plate. He'd have gotten more bang for his buck.

Are you familiar with Mach's hypothesis?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
BFFT et el, anyone got any new information on Ning?

I remember reading a supposed email from Pokletnov on here recently, which I cannot find now, which mentions Ning is currently working for the 'US DoD' or similar.

I am going to email New Scientist who have published a few articles about her to see if they can get an update on her work.

PS A nice bump for an interesting thread about REAL research as well!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Haven't read this thread in over a year. Last I found, she was back in China.

robocat.users.btopenworld.com...

Snippet from site:

In response to critic from Francis Slakey, a professor of physics at Georgetown University, who said that the NASA project is wasted money that could have been used to do legitimate space science, Ron Koczor, assistant director for science and technology at the Space Science Laboratory in NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, Alabama responded that Slakey don't seem to be amenable to observing that maybe the laws of physics are incomplete. The opportunity to try out such machine is expected to come next May, when a prototype whose construction goes as planed, or better, shall be ready.
The curious thing is that main university professor involved with the project, Ning Li, has moved to China (It seems that all leading edge technologies are mowing to China lately, but that is a story for another article)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I am sorry for missing your reply. The thread got buried before i saw it.

I think that it is possible that it was more using inertia to offset gravity. Angular momentum, and whatnot.

But that might lead to concerns about subjects such as "aether".

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

If you can find that, it would be much appreciated information, to be sure. Podkletnov really kind of got really, really quiet after his experiments, too.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1490
Haven't read this thread in over a year. Last I found, she was back in China.

robocat.users.btopenworld.com...

Snippet from site:

In response to critic from Francis Slakey, a professor of physics at Georgetown University, who said that the NASA project is wasted money that could have been used to do legitimate space science, Ron Koczor, assistant director for science and technology at the Space Science Laboratory in NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, Alabama responded that Slakey don't seem to be amenable to observing that maybe the laws of physics are incomplete. The opportunity to try out such machine is expected to come next May, when a prototype whose construction goes as planed, or better, shall be ready.
The curious thing is that main university professor involved with the project, Ning Li, has moved to China (It seems that all leading edge technologies are mowing to China lately, but that is a story for another article)

See, this is what i figured had happened. The explanation I got about her stiffing the DoD for 500k was obvious baloney. LOL, although i bet finding a "Ning Li" in China would be Herculean.

But the bureoning aeronautics, combined with the movement of US Antigrav efforts to China, tell me that there is something going on. Having Li be a part of this would not surprise me. And such an environment might allow her to develop her theory much faster, while still working on a prototype (the reported dispute that led to the NASA reltionship falling apart...if you believe that).

We have sold a stake in the development of antigravity tech to China. What did we gain? The massive debt is still there...so what other payment could have been made in support of this? Or was the US just having trouble funding it? No, that couldn't be it. They would find a way in the interest of national security.

So what is it? Why have we sent Ning Li (according to the above article) and our top scientist in the field (Dr. Baker) to China to develop this for them?

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I hope we still have the Gravity Control Technologies company - that NASA blew off in the 2003 X-Prize contest.
www.gctspace.com...

I'd like to see them get some of that new NASA funding for 'improved propulsion concepts', which replaced the 'return to the Moon' mission.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I hope we still have the Gravity Control Technologies company - that NASA blew off in the 2003 X-Prize contest.
www.gctspace.com...

I'd like to see them get some of that new NASA funding for 'improved propulsion concepts', which replaced the 'return to the Moon' mission.

Yeah, no kidding.

But it is, to me, more like NASA intentionally fumbles along. Now, the argument could be made that it is an issue of funding. But I would contend that it isn't that the funding is a problem. It is the propensity for inefficiency and waste. Case in point: the folks who send balloons up with cheap cameras. That is an innovative way to attempt to gather data while remaining "on the cheap". It would seem that NASA, and other aeronautics groups, could gain from trying to emulate such a spirit in the future.

Science, somewhere in the last 20 years, has gone from a process of discovery to a process of ego in many aspects. The garage scientist is scorned, and without a machined and refined presentation one will not be taken seriously.

It doesn't help that the Fed will come in and seize garage set ups, and say that they are doing stuff like preventing meth labs, etc.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The only thing close to anti gravity I've seen on youtube
was with high voltage.
Now its not ions, its done by the air and ether reaction.
Myth busters did remove the air around a sample unit that
created the effect and failed to move but that would not mean
a proper arrangement could not provide the levitation they seek.
We only know the UFO works in the atmosphere.
The ether is a millions of times thinner that air, try working
with the million volts and mega frequencies of Tesla and
see if anything flies.

ED: Since we do not know what gravity is and we know
how anti gravity is done we might surmise now what
gravity is.

ED+ Super conduction has nothing to do with voltage and
thus anti gravity or gravity.
However super cooled voltage induction coils might help.

[edit on 5/15/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
FYI, a recent theory was done on:
new-paper-on-anomalous-gravity-in-superconductors.

This is on Jack Sarfatti, A theoretical physicist's Website - Stardrive. He mentions the: Li-Torr Theory of Gravitational Effects.

Nothing new on Dr. Ning, But the theory was mentioned and the paper was written by ray chiaos about two months ago. Seems like reasearch is still on going.

source:
stardrive.org...:ray-chiaos-new-paper-on-anomalous-gravity-in-superconductors&catid=36:physics&It emid=62

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

you should look up videos on Claude Poher.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

you should look up videos on Claude Poher.

Too bad he's french.

So far not that convincing.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

There is some kind of effect occuring there. I, myself, am a believer in aether. This would explain the Poher experiments.

But research it on your own. I do not understand it well enough to try to explain it, for sure.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

There is some kind of effect occuring there. I, myself, am a believer in aether. This would explain the Poher experiments.

But research it on your own. I do not understand it well enough to try to explain it, for sure.

Sure I'll get some time on it.
The ether didn't go away.
Even the high voltage lifters should be affecting it.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hey BFFT, I saw you referenced this old story on another thread. You mentioned that there may be some activity in this area. Can you post an update?

Thanks,
M

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That Ning Li should go missing is quite worrisome.
If indeed the DoD spent half mil on developing tech means that they do not have any flying discs
like all the talk about black ops and area 51

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
That Ning Li should go missing is quite worrisome.
If indeed the DoD spent half mil on developing tech means that they do not have any flying discs
like all the talk about black ops and area 51

I think you misinterpret.

They paid her 500k to go work for them. Not to buy her technology, insomuch, as to silence her.

The DoD will spend half a million dollars on butt wiping, honestly. That is pennies to them, the department that admitted to losing more than a trillion dollars.

She is alive, and likely working deep underground somewhere. If not, then she is dead laying in the bottom of an ocean, pit, or cavern.

What is really funny is that when you go to try to research this now, I am about the only source left for it. The web has been scrubbed of traces of Ning Li.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by masawa
Hey BFFT, I saw you referenced this old story on another thread. You mentioned that there may be some activity in this area. Can you post an update?

Thanks,
M

There is another ATS member who has something that is far fetched, but may be relevant. Regardless, it provided some impetus for me to look into this matter again.

After doing so, i found (like i just mentioned), that the info seems to be getting scrubbed from the net. I cannot find hardly anything. The only video I can find of her is in German. And there is only 1 picture that i can find (the same one of her wearing the surgical gear in a labcoat).

I would LOVE to find out her religious faith. Knowing that piece of information would go a long way towards working through the info that the other ATS member has. But I will leave it up to this other member to provide an update on her information. It would be improper for me to scoop her like that, since she came to me with it.

I will tell you though...my blog has some wild stuff about Stealth tech. I have posted it here as well, but i updated it with some stuff that Zorgon has agreed to release (you wouldn't believe the kind of stuff he sits on).

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join