It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bet they're reading this worldwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Bet they're reading this worldwide

In these changing times, and changing Times, it is the duty of all of us to embrace the opportunity presented by internet technology, to entertain and engage with our readership like never before. As media analysts and others who really have cracked the system never tire of telling us, this is a new age and we must be ready for it.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

This article is a great tribute to the current state of our internet and what media is turning into. Kind of a comedy in a sense. Just thought it would be a good thing for people to comprehend how media outlets use "keywords". Pretty well put together I think.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

So funny but so true, I guess the columnist is getting tired of being handed a BUZZWORD list to incorporate into his articles.

It does block the flow of free thought don't you think?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

You've got that right Jack. How can you say what you want when someone is putting the words out for you. Pretty lame. So, if this happens at other newspapaers, how are folks supposed to know what news is real/good, and what is a bunch of nonsense? Do people really take the time to pick through article after article? My money would go on the answer being a big no.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I think the BUZZWORD deal is specifically tied to internet searches when the article is available online.

It wouldn't make a different when it is in print, it revolves around the search engines and hits.

It is to be expected from a business point of view, but I can see the seasoned print media writers fighting this tooth and nail.

It does disrupt the free flow of thought which is key when you are writing an article.

Old school fighting New school.....

I like Old school when it comes to writing, prety soon they will have auto-generated buzzword laden articles, they might have them already

new topics

top topics

join