It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any truth to this?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This I picked up from a post on a social networking site...

Don't know if all of this is true But...

VERY INTERESTING-
1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq , was the cradle of civilization!!

en.wikipedia.org...

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq !

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq !

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel

10. Amos cried out in Iraq !

11 Babylon , which is in Iraq , destroyed Jerusalem

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq !

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery Furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq ..

17. The wise men were from Iraq ..

18. Peter preached in Iraq ..

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon , which was a city in Iraq !

And you have probably seen this one: Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible
But do you know which nation is second?
It is Iraq !
However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.

The names used in the Bible are Babylon , Land of Shinar , and Mesopotamia .. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris
And Euphrates Rivers ..

The name Iraq , means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel , has more history and prophecy associated
With it than Iraq

And also, This is something to think about: Since America is typically represented by an eagle.

Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages ...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran ( 9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;
And there was peace.
(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!

during further investigation this www.screamingpickle.com...

was found... Sorry guys... I'm new to this game

[edit on 31-1-2008 by EyesWideShut]

[edit on 31-1-2008 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
First off, yes, a large chunk of the Old Testament does take place in qhat is now Iraq. For a second I thought I was reading some Timz lyrics, though

Koran ( 9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;
And there was peace.
(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!

...Sigh...

You know, if you type "Koran" into Google, the very first hit is an English translation of the entire book, with three different search options and a browse link. Here's the actual passage of 9:11 from the Koran

(9.11) But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

Why, why do people keep buying into this tripe?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you notice, Jerusalem is the city mentioned most often in the Bible. Babylon (located in Iraq as you pointed out) is the second most mentioned city in the Bible. Both cities are juxtaposed constantly throughout the Bible to represent the battle between God's system and kingdom (represented metaphorically by Jerusalem and Israel) and man's system and kingdom (represented metaphorically by Babylon).

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
VERY INTERESTING-
1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq

Those are speculation.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sure its true but who cares?

There is biblical references all over the Middle East: Egypt, Israel, Syria, etc.... So why make a thread about Iraq? Are you suggesting that the US is involved in Iraq right now because of these things or something else?

Most of what you stated is already well known information.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

Armenians proudly claim that many of the stories from the Early chapters of Genesis took place in Armenia. Mount Ararat, where Noah's ark finally landed, is in Armenia. Armenians also claim that the Garden of Eden and Ur (Abraham's city of birth) were in Armenia. Of course Armenia is not very far from Iraq.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
As I know it is impossible to prove where was the Garden of Eden.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by Vojvoda

Armenians proudly claim that many of the stories from the Early chapters of Genesis took place in Armenia. Mount Ararat, where Noah's ark finally landed, is in Armenia. Armenians also claim that the Garden of Eden and Ur (Abraham's city of birth) were in Armenia. Of course Armenia is not very far from Iraq.

The word ararat in Hebrew means "high mountain" so when I read the text in Hebrew, I would say,... he landed on a high mountain.

So the name of the the mountain we call Ararat in English is translated to "high mountain". Moses landed on Ararat/High mountain... yep he did land on a high mountain, the one called high mountain? maybe. Lots of high mountains all over that region.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
and this is assuming that he buit an ARK and had a convenant of salvation. Ark and covenant. An Arc of protection through a covenant. Arc of the covenant. Maybe and Arc of protection made by agreement.

The time during which the lower nile floods was known to Moses as the ARCA NOAH period (spelling is wrong) moses writes of the Ark of Noah during the flood,..... interesting. Salvation through covenant (contract).

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's about Mesopotamia, which is a belt that use to be quite fertial land, streching across parts of Iraq.

It's less about Iraq then is it about the Mesopotamiaian belt.

It is the known historic cradel of human civilazation, however there's other parts of the civilaztion elsewheres.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

This is pretty odd but as I was studying my bible today I was given this:
The signal that the end times will begin is this" The Ark of the Covenant will be found. This is so that the laws of God once again are with the people. This has been hidden by God until that time.

Mesopatoma is Signifigant.

Just kinda odd because I never get things like this so it sent me on a search to information about the Arc and of course now what I know is spelled Mesopotomia. Just thought I'd share .

Thanks,
Michelle

new topics

top topics

join