It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. loses its status as economic world power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

U.S. loses its status as economic world power

www.newsday.com

The World Economic Forum has proved to be an uncanny barometer of global trends. Over the past decade, the United States has been lionized as world leader, economic giant and home of high-tech wizards such as Bill Gates.
When the high-tech bubble burst, when deficits rose, when the Iraq war went sour, the shine on the American model dimmed. But, despite widespread dismay over U.S. foreign policy, few here used to question America's role as the world's unipolar power.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A great article from NEWSDAY. I agree in that we have lost our world status as russia did at one point. The question now is, who is going to step up to the plate. Or will the US return with the incoming administration? Coupled with our lack of security, IMO, it does not look good for us.
I have been following the DAVOS forum a bit. This article sums it up well. If this doesn't pinpoint the exact problems the Bush admin. has caused, I don't know what does.

www.newsday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yep-we are definitely not atop of the economic ladder anymore. China is blowing past us. Two much foreign involvement, too many illegals taking money out of the states, outsourcing like hotcakes. We are bankrupt to the nth degree from year after year of blundering fiscal irresponsibility.

Makes me sad to see what these scum have done to our nation.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Yep-we are definitely not atop of the economic ladder anymore. China is blowing past us. Two much foreign involvement, too many illegals taking money out of the states, outsourcing like hotcakes. We are bankrupt to the nth degree from year after year of blundering fiscal irresponsibility.

Makes me sad to see what these scum have done to our nation.

What's up DD. There is an article also released today stating that Iran may allow China to have a base there.
China base in Iran?
Maybe a key step in their plan to rise.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Yeah, I posted a thread here a couple of days ago about that. I think it's on page two or 3 by now. lol

The Iran thing worries me. If our bloodthirstywar-mongers don't stop, we'll be in WWIII before we know it.

It's sad what they've done to us as a country. All in the name of greed and power.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Me as well. How is it that because Iran "says" it's nukes are down, we believe it. Should be a red flag IMO.
Power and greed are going to kill us. It is as simple to see as watching all these damn money games shows. People can't be happy with a couple hundred grand. They have to go for it all......It has trickled down. So many people are greedy. One of the ultimate "sins". It is dooming us.

Makes me mad.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

You should watch 'The Trap' by Adam Curtis:

Wikipedia

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
the viewpoint is a little ahead of the curve,
as it will take years for all the economic treaties and such to expire,
then the USA's present hegemony & leadership with IMF , World Bank,
and other such powerful economic gateways will need to be reset or restructured with the USA being dis-invited to the 'table'

the London-New York financial grip on the world should be a long-time
un-winding, or until it is replaced...

that north atlantic empire will channel Asian & Chinese markets,
not the other way arond.

that north atlantic empire still control the Saudi and UAE+Gulf States
wealth

the death of the American economic world power position is greatly exaggerated and premature.
(who do you think is pressuring S Africa to cease gold mining for now?
-or- continues to unsetttle the middle east with the constant beating of war drums of impending attack on Iran?)

[edit on 1-2-2008 by St Udio]

top topics

join