It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution a lie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Evolution is a lie if we evolved from monkeys why are monkeys still hanging out in trees they should all be us.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Oh my god, this is about the oldest and crappiest argument ever to have come for creationists.

Number 6 from this article:

6. If humans descended from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

This surprisingly common argument reflects several levels of ignorance about evolution. The first mistake is that evolution does not teach that humans descended from monkeys; it states that both have a common ancestor.

The deeper error is that this objection is tantamount to asking, "If children descended from adults, why are there still adults?" New species evolve by splintering off from established ones, when populations of organisms become isolated from the main branch of their family and acquire sufficient differences to remain forever distinct. The parent species may survive indefinitely thereafter, or it may become extinct.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Is there an answer to why not other species have evolved to intelligent and thinking beings like us too?
Some animals seem to be stuck in animal intelligense forever.

I mean why did just apes evolve?

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by Kiljo]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think evolution is false too, but monkeys are quite similar to humans

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
"If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?"
-George Carlin

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
Oh my god, this is about the oldest and crappiest argument ever to have come for creationists.

I thought you knew that Shorty only posted retarded threads.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51

Originally posted by amantine

I thought you knew that Shorty only posted retarded threads.

Very retarded. This is like saying "If the Earth is rotating and the sun doesn't go around it, why can't we feel it moving?" Just a stupid question. I have a question for you shorty. If God's so real, why can't anyone seem to show me a recent photograph?

edit=spelling

[Edited on 2/14/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Shorty, have you ever taken a biology class? Read some Darwin. The Origin of Species will answer your question and possibly prevent you from posting anymore stupid questions regarding this issue. But then read at least 100 more books on the rest of these issues and spare us.

DeltaChaos

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Genetically, mice are more similar to humans than apes or monkeys are. I think it has to do with the fact that primates are a much older race and are more genetically diverse.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Evolution is a lie if we evolved from monkeys why are monkeys still hanging out in trees they should all be us.

Your posts make me think you may be one

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Your posts make me think you may be one

You just won "The *Zing* Of The Day" Amuk. Good job.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You just won "The *Zing* Of The Day" Amuk. Good job.

Can I have your avitar as a prize?

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty

they are the decendents of those who were left behind in the evlutionary process.

and next time try to add some depth to your post. you come out sounding like some 12 year old religion nut on this one.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i think its bin kinda shot down, maimed, and drawn and quarted already, but still.
no no no. we evolved, some didnt. plain as that. some monkeys went on and said, 'hey, fire=good'. some others said, '# that fire # man, i want me some bananas' and thats that.
i shud be a teacher, no?

oh, and kinglizard? funny as he may be, george carlin's word is to be taken very very lightly

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Can I have your avitar as a prize?

NEVER, she's all mine.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Genetically, mice are more similar to humans than apes or monkeys are. I think it has to do with the fact that primates are a much older race and are more genetically diverse.

What!?
That is really amazing, if I'm understanding you correctly. You mean to tell me that mice and humans are genetically more similar than humans and primates, even though primates' genes assemble proteins to form biological structures that are amazingly similar to humans and a mouse's genes assemble proteins to form.. well.... a mouse?! One of us is seriously missing something.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty

Dittos to what DeltaChaos and others have said. I'm surprised that anyone with a public school education falls for that old slander "man evolved from monkeys and apes."

Sorry, old bananna. In fact, the hominid line diverged before there were monkeys and apes.

For a good site on evolution, I like to recommend www.talkorigins.org -- they cover all the old tired (and frequently stupid) arguments and have some excellent source material there.

I don't mind a good evolution debate... but the inane "if man evolved from monkeys and apes..." carnard is NOT a good evolution debate.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
That's a nice site Byrd. I'm adding it to my science resources list.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I have to ask the "evolution-a-lie" side... how do they understand the theory of evolution?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
*Click*

Enough threads on this, and this is a particularly useless one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join