It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bush budget Plan would nearly freeze all DOMESTIC spending

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

New Bush budget Plan would nearly freeze all DOMESTIC spending

ww.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush will propose freezing most domestic spending in his upcoming 2009 budget and will seek big cost savings from government health care programs, a U.S. official said on Thursday.

In a more than $3 trillion budget to be unveiled on Monday, Bush wants to limit to less than 1 percent increases in spending on discretionary programs like transportation and education, but excluding national security, the official said.

He will try to extract some $178 billion in savings from Medicare, the health care program for the elderly and disabled, in part by freezing the reimbursement rates for health care providers for three years and requiring wealthier Americans to pay more for prescription drugs.

He will also seek $17 billion in savings from Medicaid, the health care program for the poor, according to the official, who declined to be named because the budget has not yet been submitted to Congress
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-1-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Unreal...Notice how he's cutting spending from many important DOMESTIC programs, but nothing is mentioned on how he's going to trim back all of his FOREIGN spending. This guy is hands down the biggest plunderer of the States we've ever had in office.

What a nightmare come true.

The hits just never stop.

ww.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-1-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Cutting medicaid as the baby boomers start accepting it??? ..
Should be interesting..

Never said how much he would cut education .. thats what bothers me.. the Fed does not have the right to regulate or fund it anyways, but doing it anyways irresponsibly really PISSES ME OFF.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The link's not working. I think you need to throw another w in there.

I knew when he said in the State of the Union address that he wanted to revamp "entitlement programs" where he wanted to go with that. It's Bush-- friend of the people. Rich people that is.

It should be interesting to see if babyboomers sit still for that.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So is anywhere in his so call Domestic screw up about cutting on the war and its bodies contracts like haliburton?

I guess not, just screw the people of this nation while letting the profiteers of this government wars still living the live in Richistan America BTW that is the land of the filthy rich that regular joes like us can not even imagine about.

He is planing to kill what is left of our economy and the dollar with his stimulus package and now he is going after the baby boomer.

Morons is what we have for leaders in this nation.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
its almost as if hes trying to destroy america!!,perhaps the nazis didnt quite loose ww2 and this was all part of thier plan once they realised they lost the battle,infiltrate america and destroy it from the inside and then take over the world!

either that or he and the people hes working for have gone completly insane from power and are pretty much psychpaths hell bent on gaining as much dominion as they can,it seems to be a pattern repeated throughout history.perhaps they need some medication and some nice therapy

lousy primates and thier tribal warfare!!,evolve for gods sakes!

oh ps marge,no not morons,thats what they want you to believe,its all intentional.there very cleaver and devious manipulators who dont care about the negative consequences of thier actions as long as they get something out of it.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Priorities dear watson.

Domestic spending is low on the list,
The military industrial complex is high.
corporate expense in Iraq is even higher.

so while your bridges collapse, your hosptials become full and your prisons overcrowded, you can be assured the corporations in Iraq will be paid, in full on time for there expenses.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
its almost as if hes trying to destroy america!!,

Yeah, who needs terrorists when you've got Bush & his gang?

And what's up with some people saying it's wrong to spend our tax dollars at home anyway?

[edit on 1/31/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
open question to the military industrial complex....

....if you wanna keep on getting rich but do some good,why not start over throwing the mugabes and the burmese juntas of this world!?,im sure if its done with the backing of the people of the world and in an intelligent and humanitarian fashion it will be successful!.i mean cmon how long will it take to over throw mugabe,more than a weekend!?,think small aquisitions,enough of these grand invasions they keep going wrong!(but right for you i suppose)

isnt it about time you started catching up on some karma!?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Thanks Kattrax-Link is fixed.

Welivefortheson-As long as these people and their cronies hit the jackpot, and serve their own interests of unlimited wealth and power, then the rest of us are irrelevant.

Agit8chop-Spot on as usual.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I could hardly watch Bush's SotU address the other night. I just can't stand all the lies, and the smirk behind them. When he talks about the terrorists and those who wish to destroy the American way of life, I get this eerie feeling the rhetoric is self-revelatory.

Then he trots out 9/11 a couple more times like that justifies everything he is doing to ruin the country.

He claims the American people need to balance their budgets, and so does the federal government, then he delivers this pos that is $400 billion in the red and DOA on the floor of Congress.

"That level of reduction is so outrageous that it will be summarily rejected by members of both parties in Congress," said Tom Nickels, senior vice president of federal relations for the American Hospital Association. "I don't think it will be taken seriously."

If it wasn't so devastating, it would be laughable.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Whenever I see Bush on TV anymore, I immediately change the channel. I have never seen a prez with more contempt for the american people than this guy and his his entire admin. He is completely destroying our country on every level, and just keeps lying and smiling and repeating the same behavior day after day. And nobody challenges him. He has free reign to bury us all.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Funny but the truth is that Bush never had to even brush around with people like us, regular Americans.

I imagine that the Saud Royal family already have a nice littler palace for him to move in so he doesn't have to look at the regular American people anymore, after all he has been very generous to them.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

open question to the military industrial complex....

....if you wanna keep on getting rich but do some good,why not start over throwing the mugabes and the burmese juntas of this world!?,im sure if its done with the backing of the people of the world and in an intelligent and humanitarian fashion it will be successful!.i mean cmon how long will it take to over throw mugabe,more than a weekend!?,think small aquisitions,enough of these grand invasions they keep going wrong!(but right for you i suppose)

isnt it about time you started catching up on some karma!?

First rule of the Lords of War...never actually win a war, just battles.

Second rule...sell to both sides to maximize profits.

Third rule...don't be a teacher when the $hit hits the fan, work for a defense contractor and get a raise.

Teacher with masters 40k , Techie with AA degree working in Iraq 150k to 350k

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
well I am not for cutting medicare but it would be nice if they would stop food stamps and welfare for good finally that would save a ton..

I don't just mean dump everybody but say give them 6 months to get a job and get some money in the bank and after that those in housing pay rent and buy their own food...

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

you don't need an AA to go to work as a techie in Iraq I was offered about the same money to go to Doha and do telecom work but declined to go..

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Food stamps and all other social programs combined are but a drop, literally, in the bucket compared to the billions taxpayers pony up for "corporate welfare".

Mainstream media works very hard to direct your frustration and anger at the poor, instead of where it rightfully belongs: corporate welfare. And this is obviously by design. As they say, united we stand, divided we fall.

Take a few minutes to check it out some time so your outrage can be aimed where it belongs.

The following is but one of many links concerning corporate welfare.

www.progress.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by geocom

You are not going to like this one, but . . . Bush stimulus package included more food stamps and welfare so, no it will not be cut at all, at least this year.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

its almost as if hes trying to destroy america!!,perhaps the nazis didnt quite loose ww2 and this was all part of thier plan once they realised they lost the battle,infiltrate america and destroy it from the inside and then take over the world!

In the last days of WWII didn't a large number of top Nazis head off to bolt holes in South America?
Hey, didn't the Bush's just buy a load of prime real estate in Paraguay too? Not that I'm suggesting a link

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

What he's trying to do is control wasteful spending, without raising taxes, which will slow down the economy. Entitlement programs still make up the preponderance of government spending, and the rate of government spending here has greatly contributed to deficts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join