It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost's in heaven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
OK If you believe in Ghosts and are a believer of (a) GOD. Where are the ghost's at? purgetory

Mod Edit - Removed BBCode in Title

[edit on 1/31/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
heaven or hell depending on the person.

wow i like to say more but one line is about all it takes.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
oh come on we can do better than that

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It would depend on the ghost, my belief is that some ghosts are just remnants of strong emotional memories here on this plane. These memories are so strong that they manifest themselves whenever someone is keen enough to observe them. Others are lost spirits. You could make the argument that they are awaiting judgment day in purgatory and have not been selected yet, however purgatory is supposedly on another separate plane and ghosts appear to be more in tune with this physical plane.

Just an idea

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ghosts? I believe 99.99% are demons, not human.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
very interesting kinglizard... 99% are demons or 99%chance that ghost's are demons

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That is a difficult one to answer. Are you asking if there is a purgatory, or if there are ghosts. Technically, spirits are everywhere. Energy can go anywhere it wants to go, with out restriction.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I would have to agree that ghost are everywhere. Some in heaven and some who choose to stay earth bound. It all really depends on God and that certain spirit.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugs_n_recovery
OK If you believe in Ghosts and are a believer of (a) GOD. Where are the ghost's at? purgetory

If you want a Christian answer, we are specifically told the living and the dead are not allowed to communicate with each other. With the exception of Catholics and maybe a few others, Christians in general do not believe in purgatory. We are told everyone is assigned a time to die and immediately stand before God after death. The only two places we believe humans go to are either Heaven or Hell. Many Christians including myself believes ghosts and spirits are some sort of demonic deception because of this.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Speaking as a Christian Minister and Paranormal Investigator I can shed the light of truth on this subject. Ghosts are simply in the Spirit Realm, as opposed to humans who exist in the Physical Realm. In the Spirit Realm also exist Angels and Demons. When we make the transition from death to spiritual life (our souls leaving our bodies) we become ghosts. If we accept Christ and God's sovereign laws, we are accepted into heaven's "upper planes" (provided we aren't vile criminals who are apprehended at death and sent to the Abyss/Hell) If after death, you aren't a vile criminal, but you refuse to accept Christ and God's sovereign laws, you are not allowed to leave the "detention plane" which exists here on earth. These ghosts will be dealt with at Armageddon, along with Satan and his demons and all humans not Raptured and who are judged as evil on the planet.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bugs_n_recovery

Hi/

Ghosts in heaven?
There are Angels in Heaven....."the Lord sitting on the high extolled throne, the hems of His vestments filling the whole temple. Surrounding Him were the Seraphim, each having six wings; with two they covered His face, with two they covered His feet, and they flew with the other two. And they called to each other and said: Holy, Holy, Holy, the Lord Sabaoth! The whole world is filled with His Glory'" (Isaiah 6:1-4; Ezekiel ch.

and then there are fallen Angels....."There occurred a war in the heavens. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought against them.
However they did not prevail, and there was no room for them in heaven. The great dragon was cast down, that ancient snake, known as devil and satan … and his angels were also cast down with him" (Revelation 12:7-9). From the initial words of chapter 12 of the book of Revelation, where it is said that the dragon drew after him one third of the stars in heaven (Revelation 12:4)
here

Teachings from Early Fathers on the 'soul after death'...
St. Cyril Of Alexandria likewise teaches: "When the soul is separated from the body it sees the fearful, wild, merciless and fierce demons standing by. The soul of the righteous is taken by the holy angels, passed through the air and is raised up."

St. Gregory The Dialogist writes: "One must reflect deeply on how frightful the hour of death will be for us,
what terror the soul will then experience,
what remembrance of all the evils,
what forgetfulness of past happiness,
what fear, and what apprehension of the Judge.
Then the evil spirits will seek out in the departing soul its deeds; then they will present before its view the sins towards which they had disposed it, so as to draw their accomplice to torment.
But why do we speak only of the sinful soul,
when they come even to the chosen among the dying and seek out their own in them,if they have succeeded with them?
Among men there was only One Who before His suffering fearlessly said: 'Hereafter I talk not much with you: For the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me (John 14:30)."
St. Macarius Of Egypt writes of this: "When you hear that there are rivers of dragons and mouths of lions (cf. Heb 11:33, Ps 22:21) and dark powers under the sky and burning fire (Jer 20:9) that crackles in the members of the body, you must know this: unless you receive the earnest of the Holy Spirit (2 Cor 1:22; 5:5), at the hour when your soul is separated from the body, the evil demons hold fast to your soul and do not suffer you to rise up to heaven."

'Our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities and powers of the air' (Eph 6:12; Eph 2:2).
In other words, it is Demons that appear as ghosts or even people we may have known.....
'Powers of the air'?
It is said that the Aerial realm is where demons dwell.

If you haven't seen 'Ghost' with Demi Moore, then watch it...
The evil acts of the person at death are revealed by demons coming to take one's soul prior to judgement(aerial toll houses?)....not the Universal Judgment, which will occur at the end of the world.

I know that 'Purgatory' is not mentioned in Scripture.....

The presence of someones soul soon after death(within the 40 days) could well be the spirit of that person or it could very well be demons in disguise.

IX
helen

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Spirits; They cross planar reams/dimensions. Some are stuck on certain levels. So it's possible they could be on all levels, which are often represented as earth, purgatory, heaven, hell and in between.

Ghosts; are often known as the spirits that are to only haunt the earth, whether demonic or innocent.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm really wondering what is wrong with my head as I begin to repy to this post but I wondered if anyone had any insight into the possibility of a person falling in love with another person, who appears to be a person but might not really be... to garbled to explain, sum it up to too many coincidences, too many oddities, to much that doesn't add up/make sense/whatever...

Any opinions would be appreciated and if you think I should be in counseling, I am and have been.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I believe ghosts are not in either plane, but the haunted ones need something to be resolved before they can "go."

Then those who choose to visit, do so just like someone can leave home to go on a vacation.

I don't believe in hell. I believe we all go to the same place when we die.Those who are truley bad go to purgatory till they feel they deserve to join the world of God/Goddess again.

Because pure hell is not having God in your life, or being removed from God.

So the good ones come visit and hang out when need be. The hauntings are those who are stuck.
I believe that if you are psychic enough, or have a good psychic, you can send them home. Tell them it is over and ok to go home.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

God and "Heaven", in the context of life after "death" (the end to the illusion of physical life) are a ways off from this time/space moment.

We can think of the continued journy toward paridise to be a sort of graduation from this world. People don't graduatate daily. There's a time/place where spirits graudate together or not. This is at the end of the Age, a time we're approaching now.

Let's just address the minor age time frame. It's a period of about 2150 years. Over that 2150 years people are born and die all the time. Being born mostoften consists of forgeting past lives in the hopes of getting a life right. However this can lead to confusion in life too. When a person passes over, they are collected again, but they have to be willing to go.

Sometimes when a person dies in great trama or with a hell load of baggage in life unresolved they blur the lines of understanding between there physical existance and the afterlife existance. They cling to this existance through confusion or agression.

These are the most commonly understood "ghosts".

Any more questions?

top topics

join