It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Irish....?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

O really? O' Rilley? bet you haven heard that one before
That clown has gotta be a worse dancer than me! This fella on the other hand is what i like to call the Schiz-Nipple

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pro-genetic

I was just wondering cause people I know who are of Irish descent have clover symbols everywhere, including tattooed on their bodies.

I mean it's not like you see Americans of German descent with swastikas hanging around. j/k lol

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Come from an Irish family

My 2 brothers where born in Ireland, My gran moved here to the UK, most of my relitives are in ireland, Mainly Bangor, White head, and Belfast,

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
stand up and be counted. here i be.

i hate the term plastic paddy

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Irish on my father's side of the family. The O'Hanna's to be exact. They moved from Scottland to Ireland in the 1400's and spent the next 400 years there.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Question: Why do Americans of Irish descent seem to keep their ties to their ancestors homeland?
[edit on 31-1-2008 by thehumbleone]

Pride, I'm sure.

I celebrate all of my ancestors' cultures as best as I can. I constantly try to learn more about where my family came from, so that I can respect my roots and teach my future children about the people that came before them.

I had one Irish grandmother, and one Sicilian grandmother, and I feel especially close ties with those two aspects of my ethnic heritage. I am extremely proud!!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

So you are what we in the south would call a northern !LOL Long live the irish empire!

[edit on 2-2-2008 by asala]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHypnoToad

a Paddy and a dago!!! that weddin would have been mad id say!LOL

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

if it was O'Hannan when you moved from scotland that usually means that your ancestors came from ireland and moved to scotland, as the O' prefix is not that common in scotland unless your of irish decent! just thought you might like to know!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Me name on here says it all.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
i live in a village just outside athlone
We have a centra,3 pubs for 60 odd people and a garda barracks the size of an airport bathroom lol

Only in ireland

Westmeath FTW!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Perhaps they did come from Ireland and stay a few centuries in Scottland before moving back. I know they left off the "O" in O'Hanna when they came to the states.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Another Irishman raises his hand, here. My great-grandfather, Blair, immigrated to America from Derry in the early 1800's. My other great- grandfather, McCormick, from Dublin around the same time.

Erin-go-Bragh!!

I'm so Irish, I bleed green!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

When you droped the O that means you took the soup, sorry!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

I was just wondering cause people I know who are of Irish descent have clover symbols everywhere, including tattooed on their bodies.

I would be one of those people; it's tatooed on my right bicep...and it's called a shamrock from the Irish word seamrog which means...er, well, small clover. Anyway, I'm ready for a pint of Guiness, gotta go!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Well, I'm a quarter Irish/English, if that counts. With a fully County Cork Irish traced last name(not related to my Irish blood due to adoption). Plus I have red hair and freckles... but look more German despite that.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I am of Irish ancestry. My grandfather was born over there. I forget the name of the town, but it was in County Cork. My mother was lucky enough to visit Eamon and the rest back in 1993. I am proud to be of Irish desent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join