It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top al-Qaeda leader reported dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Top al-Qaeda leader reported dead

news.bbc.co.uk

News of his death emerged on a website used by Islamist groups. Ekhlaas.org said he had "fallen as a martyr".

There is speculation that he was killed by a US missile strike in the North Waziristan area of Pakistan this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, assuming it's all true, at least there's SOME good news.

When was the last time we heard some good news regarding the war?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
let's see, this makes how many top Al-Queda members
that have been killed but no bodies have been recovered.
Now tell me how in the he!! can you confirm somebody
dead without an actual body as identification?? Oh,
a friend of a friend of a friend said he was murdered.
I'd call that hearsay, not a confirmation.

I also remember Pakistan also came out with 3 different
stories as to how Bhutto was murdered. I'm not gonna
believe it til they produce a body like they did with
Saddam's sons in Iraq. Post the faces of the dead bodies.

Tell'em to post that one then I'll believe it.
Until then it's speculation

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
it's my view that the War-on-Terror leadership is making this info public
at this time because there is a new name arising..........

he's the head man of the warlord regions of Waziristan(s)
his name is Baitullah Mehsud, and he is powerfull enough to
sign treaties with Pakistan & negotiate the release of his followers !

I don't know if this link works, but here it is:
www.crimelibrary.com...

so when one leader is declared killed...it ammounts to zip in the bigger picture

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

That would have been correct about a week ago, but since then Baitullah's been fired.

As for al-Libi, the posting appears authentic, and seems to be accepted as such by his friends.

Sheikh / Abu Zuhri Libyan - accepted by God in the martyrs --
(Do not think those killed in the name of Allah dead, but alive with their Lord, well) Al Omran 169

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sheesh, forget the leader killed, what about the issue that we are now, publicly launching missiles into ANOTHER sovereign country? Has Congress given permission for this? And what kind of "blowback" will this cause? Pakistan has clearly stated that it will not accept foreign attacks into its own territory. With as much anti-American sentiment that already exists there, can you imagine what this is going to do?

This is not good. Not good at all. Escalation. Iran, you better get your crap together, cause it looks like you're next. Just remember, it was our government and not our people killing you. Most of us are against this war for profit.

But ultimately it is our own damn fault for not doing something about our government. We tried. We elected the Dems, and they have failed us too. The spineless cowards should have impeached that warmonger the minute they took seats in Congress. And Cheney and the whole cabal with him.

When this crap erupts into full scale war involving the entire middle east, china and russia, I want you all you Bush-kissing, inhumane idiots to be on the front lines by God.

GOD this makes me mad.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I agree, however you feed off your wins.

If this article is correct, then I would consider that a win. Not worth everything we've lost, but a win nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Actually missles were being fired from that approximate location in Pakistan into Afghanistan at our new base near there earlier this week.

Therefore I believe that a retaliatory strike was both legitimate, and authorized. Despite what Mushi says to the press.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Top leader? This isn't the Top Leader, this was the #3 in command that was killed.

It becomes pretty clear how biased the media is when they declare the level 3 commander to be the top leader of Al-Q.

new topics

top topics

join