It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush authorizes CIA to kill some terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 10:59 PM
link   
WASHINGTON, Dec. 14 � President Bush has authorized the CIA to kill �the worst of the worst� terrorist leaders, including al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and his top deputy, The New York Times reported in its Sunday editions....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 07:35 AM
link   
hmmm ... not only no trial, no evidence, no due process, but we don't mind killing civilians in the process. my, aren't we a civilised country....

- qo.

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yeah, that's the way to conduct a war that was brought to us, attempt to arrest the enemy as if he were a common criminal. Yeah, that's the way to do it - if we want to lose.

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 10:03 AM
link   
uh, he waited 'till now to authorize this? wtf?

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yes sure. They want to obliterate us, and we have to be fair and equal.

They kill us, we kill them ! Point !

Q.O, I wonder why you are ALLWAYS pro-bad guys when these bad guys are against us ?

Whats' wrong with you ? Do you think that OBL is the good guy and the Westerners the bads guys ?

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 11:23 AM
link   
WE are in WAR. The soldiers on the front line dont arrest the terrorist and read them there rights do they. No, and the right for the CIA to make "hits" should have never have been outlawed this is the way to fight a war make the enemy scared to walk outside. oh yea bob i doubt the pres told the CIA members not to shoot if they say one of these 25 ppl. Shoot i dont think anyone could stop an agent from shootin em if they had the chance.

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think osama bin laden is a bad person and should be punished for what he did, but dosent it go against some treaty if the cia just goes in to another country and kills people they dont like.

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 11:59 AM
link   
After the JFK assasination we made it unlawful to assasinate "world leaders" as a means of having a "theater of influence" over the worlds political structure.

These idiots are not world leaders, were not elected to their posts, and have little to no "theater of influence".
These people are not so much political as they are just common criminals, who should be treated as such.

In law enforcement if you are faced with a situation that you are not afforded an opportunity to make arrest and apprehension of the criminals, it is your last option to remove them from the criminals power structure via sniper or full on assault to throw these terror organizations into chaos and reduce their affectiveness.

I see nothing wrong with this scenario anymore that if the local crack pusher were "taken out" by the authorities to remove the threat that this type of scum brings to our home towns.

Terror deserves no due process, they chose to live by the sword, so they also chose to die by it as well!!

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Look at isreal when they had the snipers sitting in gaza looking for terrorist for like a week perfectly calm

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Quiet one most likly did not read the article...as it says in the post..the Senior terrorits leaders are Considered COMBATANTS..there for leagal targets...!

bOOMSLANG

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Although killing them may be the knee-jerk reaction, you know you are just hurting yourself in the long run. Capture, interrogation and trial would definately be more beneficial to the American people. If you kill them, someone will take their place. If you caputre them and put them on trial you may be able to get some useful information out of them, one way or another. Not to mention it would be a moral boost for all Americans to see Bin Laden on TV, facing prosecuation for his crimes, rather than reading a news report about his death. That would be justice, American style.

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Not if there is a grand bush-bin laden conspiracy and u want to silence them.

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 08:24 PM
link   
actually bush gave the CIA the right to assasinate saddam in "self defence" now they are using seal policy "shoot first ask questions later"

new topics

top topics

join