It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 21 Killed, 33 Injured in Iraq Gunbattle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
FALLUJAH, Iraq - Insurgents attacked a police station and a government building on Saturday, sparking a gunbattle in Fallujah that killed at least 18 people and wounded 30, officials said.

YAHOO/AP

The gunmen, riding in vehicles, opened fire on the buildings with automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades, police officer Essam Yaseen said. The wounded included five policemen and three civilians, he said. The two buildings are about a half mile apart.

The wounded reported so far were five policeman, and three civilians. The hospital can not officially confirm any deaths, though more people are being brought in as we speak.
The attack came two days after insurgents carried out a bold attack against an Iraqi security forces base in Falluja just as the top US commander in the Middle East, General John Abizaid, was visiting.
The attackers freed 100 prisoners held in the compound. It was not known if the prisoners included suspected members of the anti-U.S. insurgency.
The gunmen also attacked the local mayor's office, about a half mile away, police said.

Related News Links
Aljazeera
The Australian
SKY News

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I just saw that. Freeing 100 prisoners could be a big stink, if they join up with the rebels...bad guys...terrorists...whatever....

They're trying to incite a civil war. I think they're close.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
And we're supposed to turn over control to the Iraqis in July.....HA! HA, I say!

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Gee let me get this straight here, Iraqi's want control of their country but they really don't know what civility is?

Maybe Saddam was right about these people.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Gee let me get this straight here, Iraqi's want control of their country but they really don't know what civility is?

Maybe Saddam was right about these people.

Yeah I guess they learnt all they needed to about civility by having countless bombs dropped on their heads, killing thousands. Don't "these people" learn anything?

new topics

top topics

join