It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says he can bypass Defense act

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Toy_soldier

I don't agree with everything the Bush administration has done but yes on many things I'm in agreement.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by DCP

Do you mean the same Supreme Court that gave Bush the Presidency, and the same President that gave some of those Justices their job? Somehow I see a conflict of interest there, but then again what do I know.

Would you please give the 2000 election a rest. Even without the Supreme Court, every recount showed Bush won. Get over it already.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The next president, whoever she will be will be just as lawless and will build upon Bush's legacy of ignoring the Constitution. And the congress will go along with it, whether tacitly or with full support. NWO rules.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfFile

Somehow I get the feeling that you can only dream of have the education and degrees that President Bush has. Whether you like the guy or not, you can't honestly tell that he is stupid with degrees from both Harvard and Yale.

Ya, he's so stupid he made President of one of the most powerful countries in the world. I wish I was that stupid.

Bush isn't a pimple on my intellectual butt. What he does have over me is ties to the mafia, born into a family of an Oil multi millionaire. His grades sucked at both Yale and Harvard and he wouldn't have gotten accepted had his Daddy not used his influence and his money to get him in and buy his grades.

Then there is the matter oh his being so smart he became president when it has been a well established fact he stole the election and had more ghosts voting then anyone would have ever believed back then.

Yeah I guess you are right though,, I mean when you are so smart you have to lie cheat and steal your way to the white house,, I guess that makes him as smart as any other prostitute that has to screw her way to the top. Or you can use borrow from my intelligence which makes even more sense then either his or yours.

That you can be a complete dufus and still be President!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfFile

Would you please give the 2000 election a rest. Even without the Supreme Court, every recount showed Bush won. Get over it already.

No wonder you are so impressed with people that can't count to ten. No wonder you want to give it a rest when it proves a point you are unequivocally wrong about.

Here Pick one the PBS expose on that election and a litany of others proved he not only lost by a lot but that it was no accident. That his Brother inbred Jeb is is ALSO a crook. Must run in the family

I don't know how disgusting he has to be before you finally get it.

Gore actually beat Bush in Florida by 6,070 votes. Thus Gore won BOTH the popular vote and, by rights, the Electoral College vote. That we should have seen that as our first clue that he was WRONG for us. I admit it,, he had me fooled and I voted for him twice. If that makes me a dummy then I am guilty as charged and I will always regret that. Then ther are some that just can't face it, can't admit it.

Bush couldn't buy any respect anymore.

well,,, that's not true either is it.

I mean he has yours ,,

Free of charge

- Con

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
The next president, whoever she will be will be just as lawless and will build upon Bush's legacy of ignoring the Constitution. And the congress will go along with it, whether tacitly or with full support. .

Wow I guess we should just lay down and roll over

NWO rules

Oh brother,,

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Just a friendly reminder to all that we should stay on topic. The topic here is about whether or not the president has the right to bypass the Defense Act, not about what the next president might do.

With that in mind, let's return to this extremely interesting topic.

TheBorg
Forum Moderator

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Impeachment is off the table so how about a charge of treason on both! Illegal wars, copability in 911, lies, lies, lies. First time in history a vice took away the powers for the generals to run drills on 911 and ran them himself. Never been in the armed forces but, on June 1st the order was given and Rummy okayed it. June 1st 2001 the pilots could no longer carry a gun in the cockpits. Complete cover up and white wash. TREASON!
What is the punishment for treason...hmmmm

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sorry all, the Constitution "Separation of powers" works both ways. Please read the Constitution before you complain about Bush. It CLEARLY gives the EXECUTIVE branch the power to do these things. And the Constitution also states, those powers not granted EXPLICITLY to the Executive are for the people and States. Well, it did grant those powers to the Executive. So Congress has no authority there and THEY are Unconstitutional.

I know you all hate Bush and think everything he does is evil. But don't let it cloud your judgement. Read the Constitution IN FULL and not just one sentence and it becomes clear that the nation is supposed to have ONE leader; not by consensus. Congress has the power of the purse strings. Use it, or shut up!

Bush has done a lot of things I don't agree with, but that doesn't make him the anti-Christ (or even the worst President in the last 100 years which was Jimmy Carter). But his taking the fight to the enemy is something I can agree with since I fought in Desert Storm and have some dealings with these extremists which I can't get into. They have been brainwashed since they were children, are always ignorant, uneducated, and poor, and are without honor. Just look what they did to those 2 poor women with Down's syndrome.

STOP thinking everything is a conspiracy and that EVERYTHING Bush does is evil. It clouds your thinking and makes the true conspiracies and things that anyone does wrong simply get lost in the mix...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jondular

Why are they illegal? Because you say they are? Congress gave him the authority. He believed they had WMD's as did Congress, as did 18 nations on the security council. Why? Because Saddam WANTED them to believe so. Didn't you read the interview of Saddam by his interrogator's? They said that's EXACTLY what he wanted everyone to believe so that Iran wouldn't attack again, but that he DID HAVE everything including the scientists in place to restart the program on a dime.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

[SNIP] Jeb had NOTHING to do with the balloting in 2001 (I live in Florida!). It was a Democrat heading the voting at the time in case you didn't know and the reason so many were discounted is because verification of authority wasn't received first. Such as finding felons or undocumented workers before allowing them to vote. Or don't you care about the Constitution? Stop trying to mislead others because of you hatred of the Bush's...

Mod Edit - removed insulting remark.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

"Bush isn't a pimple on my intellectual butt. What he does have over me is ties to the mafia, born into a family of an Oil multi millionaire. His grades sucked at both Yale and Harvard and he wouldn't have gotten accepted had his Daddy not used his influence and his money to get him in and buy his grades. "

Does your "intellectual butt" know that Bush had the same GPA as Kerry? Or that his National Guard commanders said he was one of the best they'd seen?

As far as Oil multi-millionaire, what about the Kennedy's and specifically John F? His father was QUOTED as saying "I'm not buying you one more vote than you absolutely need."

[snip]

Mod edit-

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Toy_soldier

When it comes to the war in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Guantanomo; yes, I agree with him...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

the demos can't produce change, when there are 49 republicans in the senate and you need a veto-proof 60 vote override on bills , and bush has vetoed more then 57 bills sent to him last year, more then any other president in a TWO year congressional term in the history of the U.S. so let's not blame the demo's for being a do-nothing congress as the media portrays it to be

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Since US Americans seem incapable of waking up to the reality of the fascist takeover of their country, one can only pray that the spirit of justice somehow removes these fascist rulers from the face of the Earth.

Death always comes to nations that seek to enslave, nations that do not worship the sacred nature of each human life -- no matter in which nation that life might be found.

Led as she currently is, the USA is on an end-course toward the jaws of the god of death she has unleashed upon the Iraqi people.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
it's called circular logic

which I shall now use

I have freedom of speech
guaranteed by the bill of rights
therefore I have the right to
give an in person speech to
President Bush. If I am not allowed
to give this speech it infringes on my
rights and therefore I can take legal
action.

It's quite simple you take two different
things, the president's job and funding
link them together and presto
no more checks and balances

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nunny
reply to post by jondular

Why are they illegal? Because you say they are? Congress gave him the authority. He believed they had WMD's as did Congress, as did 18 nations on the security council. Why? Because Saddam WANTED them to believe so. Didn't you read the interview of Saddam by his interrogator's? They said that's EXACTLY what he wanted everyone to believe so that Iran wouldn't attack again, but that he DID HAVE everything including the scientists in place to restart the program on a dime.

Don't EVEN Go there.

Please do not insult our intelligence with that PHONEY new video thats out. I saw that the other night and thought this guy just does'nt quit.

My brother sent me the link to that thing all along and it may give all of you a little reason to show something in Bush's behalf thereby exonerating yourself or my brother having a "new piece of evidence" to show he was not wrong. It is EASILY shattered using the same mountain of evidence that Bush not only was told they had no wmd's but that was never his intention in the first place.

He wanted to invade Iraq Period.

He KNEW what Chemical Biological weapons he had BECAUSE WE SOLD IT TO THEM.

The revisionist history in what is fact and what is just more bush approved manufactured evidence seems to be the only method of restoring a broken, beaten and utterly pathetic presidency. That those methods used in the past are what got him exposed as the liar he is in the first place, thinking they would somehow shore up some of the damage of his worthless legacy indicates that apparently this man can do NOTHING BUT LIE is a pathology he can't stop.

It is also the reason his legacy will be known as

The Legacy of Lies

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

the demos can't produce change, when there are 49 republicans in the senate and you need a veto-proof 60 vote override on bills , and bush has vetoed more then 57 bills sent to him last year, more then any other president in a TWO year congressional term in the history of the U.S. so let's not blame the demo's for being a do-nothing congress as the media portrays it to be

I'm not portraying them,, it's quite simple,, Bush has a 30-29% approval rating and The house and Senate have even less or a dismal 20% approval rating. They dropped like a rock because they are pissing people off as if this is the Twilight Zone and Nobody we know in washington anymore listens to us (unless election time) but they can do a hell of a lot more then use the number of Republicans as a reason to do nothing at all.

If you are saying the democrats are doing all they can then I have to say it again that while you may THINK you know what you are talking about. You are incorrect.

BUSH DOESN'T VETO JACK

If I'm not mistaken, is right up there with Thomas Jefferson as a President going this long without using his Veto.

One of the biggest reasons Bush doesn't Veto anything is because Congress is doing pretty much what he wants them to do.

- Con

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Does your "intellectual butt" know that Bush had the same GPA as Kerry? Or that his National Guard commanders said he was one of the best they'd seen?

No they were not the same.

Bush's GPA was actually better then Kerry's but neither one of their SAT's were that good, in fact I would have thought you would want to use the actual GPA scores but alas by now even you know those two didn't have good grades.

If going AWOL is an indication of the best they'd ever seen in the National Guard then I'd say YOU CAN'T SAY YA SEEN THE BEST WHEN THE BEST IS NO WHERE TO BE SEEN. Bush had a lackluster service record.

In February, when the White House made public hundreds of pages of President Bush's military records, White House officials repeatedly insisted that the records prove that Bush fulfilled his military commitment in the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War.

But Bush fell well short of meeting his military obligation, a Globe reexamination of the records shows: Twice during his Guard service -- first when he joined in May 1968, and again before he transferred out of his unit in mid-1973 to attend Harvard Business School -- Bush signed documents pledging to meet training commitments or face a punitive call-up to active duty.

www.boston.com...

As far as Oil multi-millionaire, what about the Kennedy's and specifically John F? His father was QUOTED as saying "I'm not buying you one more vote than you absolutely need."

What about it? Yeah,, I understand that it is essential one must be a multi millionare to even get your foot in the door if you have aspirations for running for president but you were not compariing me to JFK, Your post was centered around Bush and what he has that I have'nt

If you don't have the proof, kindly shut up so that we can find the real problems...

I beg your pardon?? Did I not prove something? Did I just now not prove you don't remember the context of your own posts using the addition of JFK as if he or anyone else has anything to do with it.

Did I not prove that comparing one idiots GPA to another (Kerry) idiots GPA only proves you have shown me TWO idiots whose intelligence aren't a pimple on my arse. I don't mean to sound arrogant Nully,, but Bush isn't as smart as you are and that should suggest just how un-intelligent he is then. Did I not prove that telling someone "to kindly have the proof or shut up", as you have said to me,,,

That you got all the proof you need.

you just deny it

- Con

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Sorry all, the Constitution "Separation of powers" works both ways. Please read the Constitution before you complain about Bush. It CLEARLY gives the EXECUTIVE branch the power to do these things.

What things?

I know you all hate Bush and think everything he does is evil.

Because everything he does is evil and that's why we hate him.

Read the Constitution IN FULL and not just one sentence and it becomes clear that the nation is supposed to have ONE leader;

Well that's the problem then for the last 7 years we have not had one leader. NOT ONE .

But his taking the fight to the enemy is something I can agree with since I fought in Desert Storm and have some dealings with these extremists which I can't get into.

mmmm top secret stuff is it.

STOP thinking everything is a conspiracy and that EVERYTHING Bush does is evil.

The only conspiracy I see here is people trying to re-write history and make excuses for an evil maniac

It clouds your thinking

What do you know about thinking

- Con

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join