It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

into the wild

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Man, I saw "Into the Wild" yesterday and it was really, really good. I was actually suprised in how good it was.

This movie really played with my emotions. A few times I had that feeling like I was gonna cry. Those are the kinds of things I want in a movie.

Anyways, Into the Wild is about a young man who grows up in a broken home..well not really broken I guess..his parents were rich and all he was taught was materialism and things like that. His parents constantly fought so living conditions in the home were not so good.

So he graduates college..For his parents I think..then cuts off all contact from his parents, friends and anyone else who ever knew him. He spends some time travelling the country and finally ends up in Alaska where he spends a few months and actually ends up dieing.

This movie was based on a true story. I urge you to see "Into the Wild" if you haven't done so already. Easily one of the top films of 07... Probably in my top 3.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland DeschainEasily one of the top films of 07... Probably in my top 3.

Lavish praise RD! Coming from a knowledgeable a critical film aficionado as yourself.

Thanks for the review! Should it be seen in the theater or will it translate on DVD?

I'll see it when it comes around again.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
While i wish i saw it in theatres because of the beautiful scenery it was perfectly fine on DVD.

Here are some quotes that stuck out to me, all spoken by the main character.

"
I read somewhere... how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong... but to feel strong.

Some people feel like they don't deserve love. They walk away quietly into empty spaces, trying to close the gaps of the past.

Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed."

whaaa, i'm going to see 3:10 to yuma tonight..I'll let you know what i think

edit: i think this is out of theatres by now

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

I loved it.

At least in my top 5 for 07.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Great whaaa, I'll let you know what I thought tomorrow!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

This was a truly excellent movie. The message about society is a great one and all should take it to heart IMO.

The soundtrack by Eddie Vedder is also great, a worthwhile purchase.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Although I disagree with Penn on most issues the man has made a masterpiece here.

It leaves you with mixed emotions though as it does show a great deal of selfishness. He does seem to regret it at the end though and is somewhat apologetic. I couldn't really blame him though and felt as though I missed out on something in my own life. I had plans to do the exact same thing at the age of 18. I don't even remember what happened to that dream but it all came rushing back when I saw Into the Wild.

If you go to youtube you will find several videos about people traveling to the "Magic Bus". One of which is in 3 parts is very well done.

new topics

top topics

join