It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New TYPE of UFO! Very real!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnbro
Man. Critics can be rough!! One poster wrote;

"Sorry!! Greeks discovered this planet 2000 years before you."

LOLOLOLOL
sorry... but thats actually pretty funny.....

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Everyone seems to be so busy trying not to be fooled that you are afraid to look at anything new with an open perception un biased. If a UFO landed on your front porch you'd probably find some explanation for it. I have been fooled, you will be fooled, get over it and get on with the discovery of our life time. Until you see this no you are not ready for disclosure.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Everyone seems to be so busy trying not to be fooled that you are afraid to look at anything new with an open perception un biased. If a UFO landed on your front porch you'd probably find some explanation for it. I have been fooled, you will be fooled, get over it and get on with the discovery of our life time. Until you see this no you are not ready for disclosure.

Hey, I looked at the video and decided that it was probably Venus. Since there was no other evidence to the contrary, that's where I decided to leave it. If these industrious lads come up with something better, I'll look at that, too. I'm not afraid of being fooled, but I'm not going to just shrug and make it easy for anybody, either.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
ok it looks pretty good.

But how the HELL is that a "new type of ufo".

he's just looking at the same bloody light(s) every other person films...

....the only difference being, he's looking at them 2000X closer!!!

AoN

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I also think it is an out of focus star. Which one it is doesn't matter. When close to the horizon under the right conditions they can appear to change color and shape. That's due to turbulence in the atmosphere similar to the heat coming off the highway on a hot summer day.

But you don't have to believe me, here is a picture of an "out of focus telescope" and you can judge for yourself.

This image is a guide to help focus and align the mirror of a telescope, which I also thought looked similar.

These are others that anyone can find using google image search.

It is still a pretty neat effect, but I doubt it is a UFO.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hi All,

I usually lurk unless I have something relatively useful to contribute....

So I have this video I made of Sirius in a digital camera, to see the effects of Zooming in (tripod). You can compare it to the OP.

www.youtube.com...

Best regards,

arit

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
am I the only one that noticed the halo effect started to circle the center orb, as if it were a gyroscopic mechanism? (I may be using the wrong word. Remember the spinning rings you could stand in and spin in circles? or the spinning rings in the movie contact that they drop jodie foster into to send her into the wormhole...) I may be over analyzing it; it could very easily be youtube distortion... BUT it looks to mathematical. the rings all seem to be spinning at the same rate and passing one another at the same time. I'm not saying 100% I think this is the real deal... BUT it is very intriguing to this skeptic.

edit to put the contact part in... just in case

[edit on 2/1/2008 by coven]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Just a few things I'd like to point out. First of all, the extraordinary brightness of the object is due to the IF lens he fitted to the camera. It says partway through the video that he fitted it. Second of all, a few points about planets and stars.

Stars appear to flicker to our eyes due to them being so far away, and they produce their own light. This light is then affected by our atmosphere to give the flickering effect. Planets on the other hand are much closer to earth and are illuminated by reflected sunlight, which is why they appear as steady, unblinking lights in our sky. Have a look next time you have a clear night.

So due to the flickering, whatever this is I do not believe it is Venus. It would be useful to know what direction they were facing and at what time, to see what SHOULD be in the sky at that time and location. Without this, any further speculation is pointless. Eliminate the credible, and whatever you have left, no matter how incredible is the truth.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by vanderLinde

How can you be sure it was filmed on that specific date? Just venus imo.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Looks like a out of focus vid of a plasma globe(Plasma Globe)..in a dark room, shot through a pin hole.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artreyus
It would be useful to know what direction they were facing and at what time, to see what SHOULD be in the sky at that time and location.

I will bet that the camera is facing East and is pointed to a star low on the horizon. Why? Because in the part of the video when it moves out of frame is the exact motion of stars and planets when facing East. It moved from the center of the frame to the upper right and out of the frame very slowly. Anyone with a telescope without tracking also knows this. It will also move faster when using higher power lenses which I expect is the same as zooming in like in this video.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Again... a lame video that proves nothing at all.

Its a star, I often gaze at stars with my telescope and this is a how a star looks like - you can see the turbulent air and its way out of focus.

People who make these videos must be complete idiots, sorry.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ok, I have NO scientific background, but in watching the original youtube video, it reminded me of the light in my swimming pool at night under the diving board...

Just the way it looked and the variations in front of it. Everyone is looking up for this unknown object, could it be a light in a dark pond with a black liner?

Just my 2 cents.

A_L

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
this is hardly a UFO, maybe an unidentified source of light, but common. I look foward to a real good post on this forum.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think this is the TU24 asteroid which recently past the earth.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen truth
I appreciate the post and the new footage but this is like most UFO videos.It's constantly out of focus and shaky.
I can't help wonder why 'serious' UFO watchers don't have better equipment.
I personally don't think it's anything unusual.

I couldn't agree more. Thanx for the info, but, the quality is very suspect for "UFO investigators". You'd think they would have better equipment if they were serious.

Good thing they're not investigating the Superbowl!

2PacSade-

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here are some similar UFO types!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

------------------------------------------
around 8min. in!
------------------------------------------

www.youtube.com...

------------------------------

Sorry, my first post. Still learning how to use this site

[edit on 31-1-2008 by freighttrain]

[edit on 1-2-2008 by freighttrain]

[edit on 1-2-2008 by freighttrain]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Well it's mostly the effect of the glow/color around the UFO that really makes it stand out compare to what we have seen so far!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Also lookup: "Evidence: The Case for NASA UFOs" by "David Sereda"

David Sereda (born August 21, 1961) is a Canadian UFOlogist and ecologist.

He was born in Edmonton, Alberta, After seeing a UFO at the age of 7 years old, it has been David's ambition to fly to space.[1]

While director of the Los Angeles-based Tesla Foundation, in April 1993, Sereda spoke in front of the US Congress House Committee on Appropriations on aneutronic fusion.[2] He has planted over 1.3 million trees while working in reforestation for 22 years. Sereda has marketed and promoted sustainable housing, protested electric car destruction by Toyota, promoted breakthroughs in solar power, wind power, and hydro power. He uses energy saving light bulbs, recycles, and drives his bicycle to save and reduce oil conspumption. He drives an economy car. He promotes ecology in his documentary films.

Here's a link to the video, I would strongly recommend EVERYONE to watch this as it is very eye opening! He scientifically tries to explain the behavior and structure of these UFO!

>>>> youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I belive in Ufo and other civilisations but that must be venus. I have an 8" telescope and venus looks exactly like that. The planet is very bright and when you look trough the eyepiece it is so bright that you can't stare at it for long. One other thing if you notice in the video the sky is truning blue due to the fact that the sun is about to rise. Venus, & Jupiter and a few others are coming up in the early hours at around 5:30 am so this IMO is venus.

[edit on 1/2/2008 by Simmy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join