It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain was born in Panama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Your post had me thinking, how ironic!!! There is alot of underlying truth to what you are saying.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Originally posted by Djarums
Being born to American citizens who are serving their country and making sacrifices living on a United States Military base does NOT exclude one from running for President.

Djarums, we are talking about legal issues here, and not about how much common sense they make. There are soldiers in the US Army who are not even citizens, and sure they make sacrifices for our country, does it make them eligible as well?

No why would it? The legal issues on this subject have been established long ago. If he was born on a US military facility, that base enjoys all the U.S. Sovereignty as any state in the Union.

- Con

[edit on 1-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

In reality, military bases and embassies are not US soil. Alaska and Hawaii are (I guess if you want to consider 'territories' like Guam and PR US soil that works) the only noncontiguous land forms that I would consider part of the US.

The actual "ground" or "soil" isn't what legitimizes this issue.

People like Arnold (naturalized US citizens) shouldn't be allowed in any form of government in my opinion, especially President.

Why not,, he is no less an American then you are and he will get the Constitution ammended.

McCain simply was not born on US soil. Simple as that. He should not be allowed to run for President by proxy.

It isn't about soil and he isn't running anything by proxy.

Example: Say you are talking about Washinton DC. That is not Maryland it is the District of Columbia. If you are on an Indian Reservation in AZ. You are NOT on U.S. Soil"

- Con

[edit on 1-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
ok - lets show just how dammed silly thgis argument is - and jump to the " logical " conclusion

only a " natural born citizen " may be president you say ,

any of the democrat hopefulls delivered via ceasarean section ?

well that rules them out too

be careful when nitpicking - it can backfire

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Geez, i cant believe this argument is still going on. McCain is a US Citizen and there is nothing in the Constitution that will dis-allow him from running for or becoming President.
The democrats know this and wouldnt even pretend to be stupid enough to try that tactic.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

I don't like it anymore than you do, but it does not say anywhere that the person needs to be born within the United States it just says that need to be a natural born citizen and have resided in the U.S. at least 14 years as well as being at least 35 years old.

Natural born just simply means if your parents are U.S. Citizens at the time of your birth you are consider a natural born citizen no matter where in the world that birth occured.

It sucks that we can't get him on this one because it appears that he's going to be the nominee and the loser of the election. A majority of the population will not for for "Another 100-Years" McCain.

Independent Run!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Wow, this thread is incredibly silly. Members of the U.S. military are sent to bases all over the world. The idea that if a female military person or the wife of a male military person gives birth while they happen to be abroad (and they have no choice where they are stationed), the offspring would not be eligible to run for president is beyond preposterous. Do you realize how many people would refuse to ever join the military if that were the case?

I mean, think of what you're saying here. You'd be telling someone who wanted to serve in the military that if they happened to have a kid while stationed in a foreign country, their kid would not be considered a natural born American citizen. Yet someone else who was assigned to a military base in the states -- their kid WOULD be considered a natural born U.S. citizen. That would be a real quick way to ruin the US military.

It just boggles my mind how illogical some people are on this board. Same with this idea that 'the democrats are saving this for just before the election.' Given the bitter rivalry between McCain and the other Republican candidates, especially Romney, don't you think one of them would have made a big deal out of it if they thought they could get any mileage out of it at all?

Sorry, but the fact that McCain might have been born on a US military base in another country has absolutely no political value at all.

I'm just shaking my head at how dumb this thread is. And I don't even like McCain.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by ClintK]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Or, more accurately, US territory.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
reply to post by robwerden

IF John McCain was born in Panama, he would not be eligible to run for the presidency.

Not true! Anyone aged 32 or older can run for the presidency. However, a foreign citizen is ineligible to hold the office of the Presidency. He can run all he wants. I also see this as a decoy ploy. This is the first of many forums I belong to which has brought this topic into discussion. Most people do not know that McCain was not born on U.S. soil.

This is one of those sit back moments for me!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

He wasn't born on a military base! He was born in a local hospital. He is not eligible to hold the office of the president. You should be frickin grateful. This man is truly evil and the worst possible candidate.

Thank God the American people have this provision! We all should be grateful for the stupidity of bureaucracy on this issue. Lunatic laws can save lives you know!

LMAO!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I beg to differ. Native American reservations are in fact U.S. soil- however they are self governed by their own laws. They only hold a land grant. Every inch of dirt in this country and every blade of grass is owned by the United States.

Need to learn more about land grants, my friend.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

This is all news to me. Can you link to where it says he was not born on a military base? Not that wiki is the most reliable source, but it says he WAS born at military base.

McCain was born on August 29, 1936 at the Coco Solo Air Base in the then American-controlled Panama Canal Zone
en.wikipedia.org...

I have done some searching. I cant find anything that says he was born anywhere other then the base they were at.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
More info on the area he was born:

en.wikipedia.org...

Panama Canal Zone
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From 1903 to 1979 the territory was controlled by the United States of America, which had built and financed the canal's construction. From 1979 to 1999 the canal itself was under joint U.S.-Panamanian control.

So, he was born on US Territory....therefore, being born an American citizen.

Also, as a side note. Many military bases - especially Air Force bases - do NOT have hospitals and are forced to utilize civian hospitals to give birth. So, I dont think that would mean a baby born from a military family forced to give birth in a civilian hospital would not make them a US citizen. But im not 100% certain on those facts.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Here is some information: www.news-journal.com...

Now look at this: mpinkeyes.wordpress.com...

This is exactly what our founding fathers were talking about regarding "soil" issues. "American Controlled" land is far from American Soil. I am trying to re track the article about his birth in a Panamanian hospital- but it has now come up as a 404 Page error (no surprise).

In either event it will resurface just as the NASA space shuttle footage of ufos was re-posted again after years.

I for one am hoping this issue will come back into the spotlight- again, this subject has been brought up before then quickly silenced- not rebuffed- but silenced.

To these old eyes that means THEY know he is not eligible!

Keep your eyes peeled on this story! Its gonna get very interesting. Why do you all think Arnold Schwarzenegger has always been a McCain man? It has nothing to do with party affiliation. McCain's success means the govenator has a future shot at the post.

I do see your point green- but McCain was not naturalized either! He's double screwed- but in an age of complete lies and deception- he could get away with it. Now that would be the beginning of the end!

[edit on 1-2-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

So, what you are saying is....all those military babies born in foreign countries in military run hospitals on military bases - are not American citizens - because the bases we have in other countries are not on American soil - but foreign soil.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

That article says this:

The Fourteenth Amendment states ... "all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States." The United States includes its territories.

www.news-journal.com...

The 2nd article has nothing to do w/ this topic.

*just trying to understand it all*

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

How can US soldier protect US national interests in Vietnam, Iraq, Cambodia, Serbia....
Do you mind if we send 80.000 troops all over the US and 700 warplanes to protect our interests in USA?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

No- I am not saying this- the laws of eligibility for the Office of the president of the united states is saying this:

“No person except a natural born citizen shall be eligible to the office of President”
John McCain was born August 29, 1936 in Panama
by Francis Steffan
AmericanVoiceRadio.net

John McCain was born August 29, 1936 in the Panama Canal Zone, to two U.S. citizens. It’s a common misunderstanding that the zone was a U.S. territory - in fact, the U.S. had lease rights, but not territorial rights.
The US Constitution states, “No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.”
“Natural Born Citizen” - “is where ONLY the natural act of one being born in a place determines the status of ones citizenship with no additional stipulations necessary to influence that status”

No law or court ruling has ever established the precise definition of a natural born citizen. It is generally agreed that a natural born citizen of the United States is any person born in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The 2nd article has nothing to do w/ this topic.

*just trying to understand it all*

I know. Its very confusing at times. I did not write these laws and nor did I try to explain them. But I think this is another reason why they exist:

www.thepoliticalpaper.com...=12018153965348

This monster is scary. Any reason to kick his @ss to the curb is fine by me!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

IF John McCain was born in Panama, he would not be eligible to run for the presidency.

Not true! Anyone aged 32 or older can run for the presidency. However, a foreign citizen is ineligible to hold the office of the Presidency. He can run all he wants. I also see this as a decoy ploy. This is the first of many forums I belong to which has brought this topic into discussion. Most people do not know that McCain was not born on U.S. soil. This is one of those sit back moments for me!

Actually, the age is 35, with 14 years of stateside residency. You may be technically correct that ineligible candidates can seek office - I’m reminded of SC’s Strom Thurmond who was elected to the senate at age 29, and another person from LA - one of the Long family - did a similar thing. The Senate would not seat either until they attained age 30. I seriously doubt any state would add the name of a patently ineligible person to the ballot.

Actually, McCain was born in the Canal Zone, a 10 miles wide strip of land over which the US exercised exclusive sovereignly. In addition, there is a federal statute on this subject which would classify McCain as a “natural born” citizen.

[edit on 2/1/2008 by donwhite]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join