It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Demolished/imploded, where is the sound?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hi all. I started wondering last night about the Controlled demolition theory. I have had mixed feelings about what happened personally. There was a time I thought they were brought down, and a time where I thought it was all legit. I guess there are some fundamental questions still to be answered.

But what I started wondering most about was the sound of the demolitions used. I know that various people have reported hearing booms. I looked up a few different demolitions/implosions on youtube, both near and far.

www.youtube.com...
This is filmed from relatively close and is pretty loud

www.youtube.com...
Also close, and very loud

www.youtube.com...
This is from a relatively long distance away, it is not loud, but it is obvious that explosions are going off.

www.youtube.com...
Also relatively far away, yet louder then the last one I think.

So I am wondering is there any home videos from 911 that have anything at all resembling an explosion or demolition device being used? I am not looking for visual clues, I want to hear it on one. Can this be done?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Watch Richard Seigel's 911 Eyewitness. There is a detailed audio analysis of the collapses. Here it is in three parts.

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

[edit on 2-2-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The audio analysis shows multiple events in the collapse sequence. So in answer to your question, the evidence of the demolition is there.

Hearing is believing.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Have you ever been present at the demolition of a building? I have, the only sounds on any video of the WTC towers I have seen has come close to the sounds of a controlled demolition of a building are the sounds of metal and concrete giving way. A couple thousand demolition charges make quite distinct sounds...sounds that arent present in any of the videos.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies all. I do not have time to watch those videos this morning but I am going to try this afternoon. I am looking forward to it. Cheers!

** And yes I am new to 9-11 forums, and yes I searched the topic before I started it
and no I am not letting people think for me that is why I brought this up and asked for videos from the other side. Thanks again for the videos.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by sputniksteve]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This topic has been argued up down and sideways in numerous threads in this forum. I'm assuming that this thread was started by someone relatively new to the 9/11 discussion.

Swampfox is right in the sense that explosions are difficult to tell from other loud bangs, but they can be heard in some and are amply attested to by many videotaped witnesses. Here is an excellent compilation of them:

If you delve into many interesting threads in this forum you will find exhaustive discussions of virtually any point anyone could raise. The search option is important on this website. Don't let people with their minds made up make your mind up for you.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No ippy, the noises coming from demolition charges are VERY distinctive and EASILY heard when used to drop a building. Too many people are getting hung up on "if someone uses the words "sounded like an explosion" it means there were explosives" garbage. It isnt true, if you hear structural steel giving way under stress, the closest descriptive word to the sound it makes, would be an explosion, HOWEVER, does NOT indicate that its the same as demolition charges going off.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The reason that we do not hear more huge explosions is because the energy was not coming from exp[losives primarily: The Towers were pulverized with DEW and so only the sounds of the action of the molecular ripping of the elements can be heard.

Sure, there are conventional explosions that are part of the effort to insure complete destruction. There are back ups on this system of course. Once the Cheney/Mossad cabal started the action, they went for broke. The Towers and all of the WTC complex HAD to go, one way or another.

The DEW worked just fine: imagine us wasting soldiers and resources on wars when we have the ability to destroy anything from space and aircraft by ripping it apart . We see the Hutchinson Effect all over the Towers.There is no other answer, other than DEW.

No other scenario answers all the events seen. No other way accounts for the dustificvation of the Towers. It is a fact that DEW was used.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

i]Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

No ippy, the noises coming from demolition charges are VERY distinctive and EASILY heard when used to drop a building.[/quote]

That is obviously not true or there would be no controversy on this point.

Too many people are getting hung up on "if someone uses the words "sounded like an explosion" it means there were explosives" garbage. It isnt true, if you hear structural steel giving way under stress, the closest descriptive word to the sound it makes, would be an explosion, HOWEVER, does NOT indicate that its the same as demolition charges going off.

But since the sound of structural steel giving way is the closest thing to the sound of an explosion then the auditory information alone, particularly on video, would be inconclusive.

If I told you I was dropping an M&M and then dropped a small button instead, how would you tell the difference without an investigation?

That's what the truthers want.

That's what the Bushwackers don't want.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't want to derail your thread, but let me add this, for all the people that have been quoted through the years that have heard explosion, I have yet to see one person quoted saying that they smell explosive residue. You know that smell that even a single firecracker leaves after exploding.

I have been around explosions, the EOD type and the IED type and they leave that distinct smell, even guns and artillery leave that distinct smell. I have been in the vicinity of buildings that have been bomb to crap, and after days of the attack the smell still there. Not one firefighter, civilians, policeman, reporter, have been quoted on that, which leads me to believe that YES explosions did occur but they are not related to CD,

Adding the fact that you can find many quotes of witnesses that have said that they smell fuel in different parts to the buildings, that makes me think that those explosins were triggered by the jet fuel.

So going back to your thread, I find this soundless and odorless explosive CD Theory hard to swallow. Of course if someone points me to what type of explosive posses this characteristics I can change my position.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Personally, I have read references to people reporting the smell of explosives of some kind. Sorry, no reference here. I'll try to find it.

Here is one reference to the smell of cordite at the WTC. My understanding is that this is a rare reference.

The Link isn't working, so here it is written outwww.poconorecord.com...=/20071005/NEWS04/710050335disregard

. . . I was on the 58th floor, the offices of Brown and Wood, a law firm in World Trade Center 1, and this is why I moved to this area. The WTC did not fall because of the planes, rather it was all the explosives that were placed in the buildings. The government would have you believe the absurd story that the jet fuel "melted" the steel. Not. The WTC towers fell as a result of controlled demolition and collapsed neatly in their foot prints. The smell of cordite was prevalent everywhere that day and explosions increased in force as the morning progressed.

This link is also found in another ATS thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is also worth reading some of the firemen's testamonies at this website. There are numerous references to controlled demolition:

mysite.verizon.net...

Here is a typical example:

Flashes were reported in the north tower by Captain Karin Deshore, who said: “Somewhere around the middle of the World Trade Center, there was this orange and red flash coming out. Initially it was just one flash.”37

Demolition Rings: At this point, Deshore’s account moved to another standard phenomenon seen by those who watch controlled demolitions: explosion rings, in which a series of explosions runs rapidly around a building.

Deshore’s next words were: “Then this flash just kept popping all the way around the building and that building had started to explode. The popping sound, and with each popping sound it was initially an orange and then a red flash came out of the building and then it would just go all around the building on both sides as far as I could see. These popping sounds and the explosions were getting bigger, going both up and down and then all around the building."38

A lot of people who support the Bush administration belittle and downplay this sort of testamony. There are numerous cases, even among the firemen of people being intimidated to either shut up or change their stories about what happened that day.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
if it was demolished, then mabey it was not conventional
charges that were used.
Mabey much more advanced charges of an un-known nature.

.....I don`t believe there`s any way that ALL 3 buildings
could have come down without some help....

I mean is there really someone who can say
"Ya its normal for all 3 to fall"
no way ....thats not normal.......all 3?
I challenge anyone to FULLY explain that.
because they can`t..

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
In response to eyewitness86:

Can you explain how it is a Fact that DEW were used. I understand the logic you are using, but how do we know this is Fact? I would think that if it were, it kind of blows the whole lid off of the conspiracy doesn't it? Maybe I am confused on the significance of that Fact. I am watching the audio analysis now.

Ok 1 video down, not sure If I need to watch the other ones. I have heard a lot of the testimony about the explosions already. I had hoped to actually hear it myself though. I am guessing that is just not possible. It seems that atleast 1 camera would have been able to pick up the explosions, I know I have seen videos from vantage points that were certainly close enough to pick them up, according to the videos I posted.

I will keep digging and see If I can come up with some close footage from the street.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Watch the last video embedded. There is a large bang right at the beginning of it.

Incidentally, 9/11 is a very important topic. I would entreat you to watch as many of the videos as you can and do as much research as you can, both pro and con. It is very illuminating to read the debunkers. They illustrate another dimension of what is going on . . . and . . . there are some good people among them as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My personal "wild theory" on why there is no sound of explosions on the broadcast video yet can be heard on truly independant videos is this: The people who were tampering with the video and pasting in images of airplanes also had a new advanced device I like to call a "volume control". When they damning explosions occurrred on cue, the video manipulators slid this "volume control " down, magically making the sound disappear from the broadcast video.

I know the "debunkers" will be all over me saying that such advanced technology does not exist, but I am sticking to this "wild theory" of mine.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Yeah yours was the one I watched actually, I thought it was pretty good, thanks again for posting it. There is so many people saying they heard explosions, it is pretty hard to just discount them all. Very few of them describe anything like a normal implosion/CD unfortunately. It seems like most people claim only 1,2, or 3 explosions. I don't know what this means, but I think we can guess that only a few "bombs" would not bring the buildings down, just by using the previous attack made on it, or Oklahoma City as comparison. Obviously this could be a different case when you factor in all the other fires, impact, etc. that took place.

There are just too many fundamental questions that are never explained to the point of acceptance for me. This may indeed be a question for the ages.

Originally posted by ItsHumanNature
I know the "debunkers" will be all over me saying that such advanced technology does not exist, but I am sticking to this "wild theory" of mine.

There are crazier theories in my opinion. I just have a hard time accepting that all of these super complex things went together absolutely perfect, instead of a simple answer.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Your source link doesnt work.

It will be for me very hard to believe that just one person out of thousands of people that were there that day and involved in the recovery efforts after can attest to have smell explosive residue.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

My coding smarts are way down today. I'm giving up on it. There is a working link in the following thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I take your point though about only one "aroma" testamony.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Nah, we dont belittle it, we actually go to find the FULL quote or the FULL interview with the firemen to see exactly what they did say, rather than rely on selective editing done by a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am still digging, but I have found 1 video of the collapse of WTC7 that is close enough I believe we should be able to hear some kind of evidence of CD/Implosion. Maybe with some audio filtering or whatnot it could be picked out, but is not evident on the tape as is.

911research.wtc7.net...

If you hit the "video segment" link you can download it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join