It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun worship or Son worship?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Not only what you said (which may be true) but "A Mother with Child" is a common theme in art and representational art in every culture in the world. So it may be part Egyptian influence and part "universal concept" to show a Mother holding a child in artwork.

[edit on 2/12/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think everyone is missing the point here.
When you have a problem...lets say an engine problem. Isnt it true that you may think you have pin pointed the actual primary cause but in fact have not and end up having to start all over again?
Well thats what im talking about here. The christian message is so so so so young compared to ancient egyptian mystical beleifs as well as ancient sumerian TEXTS, thats right texts, which i would have to assume since they are so damn old hold actual rights to the symbols before any other man made religion. THAT is my point....there is the origination of the "engine problem". Therefore since i am a human and i reason and therefore am divine....i have to find out the origin of THOSE first symbols used over 10,000 years ago. AGES before the GOD that we were taught about in any school during our times and our ancestors times. THat is my point. Everything else we are discussing is context and definitions....those points are pretty much moot.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The similarities in the messages of our different religions are not superficial. That is also important to remember....they all share the same basic message about love, compassion, and knowledge dont they? Yet....we see different factions using the same information to support radical ideas that limit human nature as a whole. Well, as far as i am concerend anyone who finds themself a spiritual person should not want to nor accept the loss of humanity. These are the ideals that unite us all are they not?

The argument about inner enlightenment has bee debated as well but not why it should be attained, HOW it should be attained. In every religion there is a message for inner peace but how you get there differes from continent to continent. Yet what is more valuable to the race as a whole are the beleif structures that teach us that we all have the power WITHIN OURSELVES to reach any sort of inner enlightenment or happiness or nirvana, or heaven.

Therein lies the secret to life that most religions dont want us to know. SO what they were CREATING my friend was not the man jesus or his message or the beleif structures. THey were manipulating the message and organized it in such a way that would make all who subscribed to these religions believe that they must PRAY and WORSHIP another being in order to be SAVED because they cant do it on their own or with the help of others. The only OTHERS they need according to these religions were the priests, poes, cardinals, high pristesses whatever you may call the forms of accepted authority and therefore accepted truths.

So now you have generations of people failing to see what is right in front of their own eyse because they are too wrapped up in bibles, cannons, prayers, church buildings, statues, jesus, angels.....and not at all concerend with the damn message.

Youre right, im exahsuted from speaking about all of this. When you contemplate human suffering and see no end to it you cry, but when you begin to see that people are the cause of their own suffering, divisions and bigotry because of the slavish way they think you see no end in sight and its like no other pain you can imagine.

All the while being happy about myself and who i am because i know i can reason through any problem withouth prayer or worship....because i am human.
Talk about your life cunnundrums and ironies huh?

PEace everyone and remember.....people need people, not money.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GUICE2
reply to post by roger_pearse

Not rubbish...the ancient egyptian religions and its mystical schools explain everything ... (etc)

This was a request for some specific information. Unless you have that information, I suggest that my comment stands.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by roger_pearse

Youre right my friend...that is why i am seeking them out. I know their message but as far as the nitty gritty details of our ancient origins, that info has been protected by secrets for aeons upon aeons. So i do not have any concrete info and if i did that would mean i was part of a secret society that has its roots in ancient history like the freemasons (masons=stones...all buildings made of stones....pyramids, ziggurats, everything) but then i wouldnt be able to tell would i? So yes i am in search for those same mystic schools that the man we all know as jesus sought from when he was an adolescent to when he reached the age of 30. So this knowledge is not for everyone, the only way we are to find out the actual details (not the message) is to join and do the research.
Well...i am actually going to do this. So if you want to know names, dates and such i suggest you do the same. Think of it as school...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KanehBosm

THe water jug lines :
Yeah, that was pretty much only about the logistical preparations for that year's Passover. Nothing else. For reals.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KanehBosm
horus has risen, is where the word horizon comes from

Not so. The etymology and semantics to the word horizon comes from Greek horos which means boundry. Heru, the name of Horus in ancient Egyptian means "the distant one."

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I believe Christianity is basicall Sun worship. the word EL or ELI when translated to Greek becomes HELI. The word for sun in Greek is HELIOS. So when Jesus cried ELI LEMA SABACTHANI, it means Sun, Sun, whay have you forsaken me. Am I right

Edited for all caps.

See here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-4-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Look into the etymology of those words. You will find they are not connected at all. El means Force and if connected with anything it may be el-ectricity and el-ectronics, el-ectrons etc., or Lat. and Gr. words for Amber, Lat. electrum and Gr. elektron. Electricity was first observed after rubbing amber.

And what's with the caps?

[edit on 10/4/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KanehBosm

yes alot of chrisstianities rituals or holidays come from sun worship but not all people celebrate these things

i dont celebrate christmas easther or holloween and look at my user name

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Why did the angel in revelation 3:14 call god "the amen"?

Why does the bible say that jesus was "symbolically crucified" in egypt? (Rev.11:8)

Heru(horus) raises his father El Azar(osiris) while Meri(Isis) and Merti(Nepthys) watch in bethannu!
...And jesus raises Lazarus (EL Azar and Lazarus? Hummm...) While mary and martha watch in Bethany!

The sun enters an astrological sign at 30 degrees and exits at 33 degrees!
...Jesus starts his ministry "at about 30" and was crucified 3 years later!

For the lord god is a sun! (Ps.84:11)

God is a consuming fire! (Heb.12:29)

I am the bright and morning star! (Rev.22:17)

I am come a light unto the world! (John 12:46)

Passover refers to the sun passing over the celestial equator! The constellation of aries the ram is temporarily hidden when the sun passes over the equator! So the lamb is slain!

5 loaves of bread=Virgo, who is always represented holding a spike of grain with 5 kernals!
2 fish=Pisces, which is always represented as two fish!

The 12 baskets of leftovers is the zodiac which will always be there!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The divinity of Jesus, along with the virgin birth, was voted on by the Church. Before that, he was considered a man. Jesus' father was Joseph, who was a direct descendant of David, hence why we call him the King of the Jews. The Immaculate Conception (Mary never having sex with Joseph) is very recent (19th Century) decision by the Catholic Church.

By the way Mithras, who was very popular in Rome, was born on December 25. Also, the festival of Saturn was celebrated at the same time frame.

Christianity should be about Jesus' preachings on love, not on the myths built up on his life.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join