It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why delete it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I did a search for this topic here at ats, but didn't find anything. So sorry if this has already been posted or if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Recently MySpace has deleted an atheist group that had quite a few members. Now this group didn't violate any terms of service. I'm very angry that this would happen, what are the thoughts of my fellow atheists out there?
Honestly, why delete the group?

Here's a link to the article:
www.secularstudents.org...

And here's a like to a former group member's blog:
www.myspace.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Was there ever a reason given of why that group was deleted?

I am not an atheist, but I find it disturbing that there is no freedom of speech or assembly whether real or virtual.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I believe that other groups with opposite beliefs claimed that the atheist group was offensive. Although I'm not really sure how just existing is offensive.
Otherwise, I don't think myspace has actually given an acceptable answer as of yet.
The group actually won the Excellence in Humanist Communication Award (2007) from the Humanist Chaplaincy at Harvard University and the Secular Student Alliance. I'm not seeing how this is bad.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Myspace is just another big site in bed with the bully-boy martyrs. Youtube have also been playing games with atheists on there as well.

Myspace has removed a different secular humanist group as well, along with a few others having the 'A' label removed from their pages.

All opinions are equal, just some are more equal than others

Anyway, social networking sites suck, but bigotry against non-theists sucks more. It's a widespread and somewhat accepted situation in that land that supposedly loves freedom.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That is pure crap.
my myspace Ghost Hunting group better not get hacked and deleted.
Tom of myspace should do something about the group problem.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
i heard about this. i'm actually a member of the facebook version of the group, and it was big news for us. apparently the group was deleted instead of restored for some odd reason...

top topics

join