It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue-eyed people have a single ancestor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I dont believe this I have brown eyes and my sisters have blue eyes my sisters son has brown eyes the father has blue eyes to.

so arent we all related no matter what eye color we are.

this is a hitler paper.

alot of his genetics were based on false idalology.

So I am not related cause i have brown eyes and my sisters are.

another bs study.

Like the one last month the human pop is going to split into 2 groups one super human the other ape like kwazimoto looking guy.

Then 2 weeks later a study came out saying humans brain power has super evolved in the last 200 yrs.

These things flip flop and I have come to the conclusion they dont know what there doing.

LOL!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
How dark or light a person's skin, hair, and eye color are depends on the amount of melanin production.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hey, I once injured my eye by crashing into a metal bridge rail while I was young.

The following week, that eye changed color each day (the iris that is).
I've seen purple green blue yellow orange and maybe some other colors as well.

It was pretty cool lol, now I just have hazel-like eyes.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOmaskedman

I think you're misreading the article. You are related to that genetic mutation, however you do not show physical signs of the relation.

My brother has brown eyes although my other brother and myself have blue eyes. Does that mean I'm not related to my brother? Of course not. He doesn't have exactly the same genes though.

If you want to get to the nitty gritty, humans probably started as one family group on each continent which intermarried over time. So in a sense, we're all related.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I tend to lean toward your view. We are all related.

In a family everything shows up.

How do you explain the redhead that shows up in a family of blue eyed blonds?

Anyone remember the film: "Green Eyes are better?"

It was a study where kids were told that children with green eyes are better. After a while, kids with green eyes were treated different. Other children began to feel bad because they didn't have green eyes.

I tend to believe we are ALL connected.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Alright Doc, you're sounding a little too scientific and eager to debate the topic, so I gotta answer these for you.

Originally posted by DocMoreau
But Eve was cloned from Adam's rib. Which one had the Blue Eyes? Or was it Noah who had the Blue Eyes?

And if we are all from Adam and Eve (Or Noah), are you saying that the latent Blue Eye genetics lay dormant in all peoples, including those who have Brown Eyes?

You got it all wrong here, man. Check it out, Noah had three sons, one which was eldest, Japheth, is likely the one with the blue eyes, *if* we are looking for the first Biblical character with blue eyes. Note that there is nothing in the Bible which says he has blue eyes, only that his descendants are settled in modern day Europe and Eurasia and even Central Asia. The middle son, Shem, is the common ancestor of those with a tanned, "middle eastern" appearance, whether they be from Lebanon or Pakistan. Ham, the darkest skinned brother, no pun intended, is the single ancestor of the African peoples south of Sahara, and also possibly the Australian Aborigines, although there is very little proof for this. PERSONALLY, I don't think Africans all came from Ham, that part of the story is a bit odd.

This ethnic group, the Aborigines, likely could've been so isolated from the rest of the Earth from an early migration to Australia out of Africa that when the "Deluge" which was most recent took place, these humans were unaffected. Aborigine could be what all humans looked like when humans were first humans, coming up out of Africa.

Or are you speaking only to White Europeans? Because there are Billions of Africans and Asians that don't get Blue Eyes. Maybe your Ethnocentric view point prevented you from thinking your statement through.

If Japheth had the mutation in this gene, only Europeans and those with some slight trace of European descent, along with some Central Asians, would have blue eyes at all. Same goes for green too, and alot of Iranians have green eyes. Iranians share ancestry with modern Russians and Eastern Europeans as well.

And the last point you made, about 'Genetics proving convergence of Genes', really doesn't prove anything. The statement is circular. Maybe what you meant to say is: "that the study of Genetics proves that humans today shared many common ancestors, as seen when you compare their mitochondrial dna. One could metaphorically compare this to the 'Bible Story of Adam & Eve' as well as the original successful mating of Cro-Magnon & Neanderthal.

Putting two sentences in the same paragraph, doesn't mean that the facts equate, and the same conclusion reached.

They must be teaching 'The Art of Strawman Debating' at theology schools these days.
DocMoreau

Today's humans do share tons of common ancestors. But tracing the clock back in time, you'll reach the first true human man and woman. These are the two people that everyone on Earth is distantly related to. If there are disasters which wipe out the population with the exception of a small group of survivors, which has had numerous times in history, scientifically proven, then despite us all being relatives of Adam and Eve, we're also relatives of the person or few people who lived through the previous calamities. Like.. the man named Noah and his 3 sons with their 3 wives, and eventually, all the sons of all 3 sons, which supposedly went on to populate alot of the area on the center surface of the world. This even explains being Black, and looking Asian, or being of South American origin for that matter.

If we all looked the same at the very beginning, and now we all look incredibly different depending on the part of the Planet we are from, something had to cause this. Isolationism of groups of humans from other groups is one cause we can agree on, because this is explained when Europeans first arrived to the New World, making the South Americans ill and die. They weren't used to the European germs. But yet, all of these differences between us are genetic mutations if they refer to color and type of hair and skin and all this. Which means, somewhere in history, the human race isolated itself from itself in a number of ways, creating splinter groups in wildly varying levels of climate, with absolutely no contact with the other splinter groups, possibly now thousands and thousands of miles away across a sea or two. Some of these groups of nomads undoubtedly died out and have no genetic markers still representing them in any human today. We can only imagine what some of those groups looked like. But some groups obviously did make it, but not very many, because we only have but so many major different sub-types of the human race, for classification purposes only so I say sub-type.

If read with an unbiased eye, all of this points directly to a calamity taking place which massively reduced the human population of Earth, leaving only a few distinct looking survivors, possibly in different places, maybe all from one group, who knows. That depends on how long ago this actually happened, which would tell us the amount of migration time which has occurred since. Then interbreeding and the local climates begin to factor into appearance or sub-type. But the proof if self-evident, in my opinion, that if we didn't all descend from Noah, we all descended from someone similar, somewhere that survived the global calamity which was most recent. Many like to see the story of Noah as a symbolic representation of this, not so much a word for word literal truth.

[edit on 2/1/2008 by runetang]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Please use the previously existing thread for continued discussion.

Blue-eyed humans

Thread closed

top topics

<< 1   >>

join