It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTubers given share of ad cash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

YouTubers given share of ad cash

news.bbc.co.uk

YouTube users in the UK will be given the chance to make money from the videos they post on the site.

The project is already up and running in the US and is now being extended to other countries, starting in the UK.

In the US some contributors are already earning thousands of dollars each month from their films, according to the video-sharing site.

The amount that is earned will depend on the number and popularity of the videos, it said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As much as this is a good idea, it also seems to be a huge con.

Yes, it will make youtube even more popular than it is already, but I can lots of legal action being taken regarding copyright and piracy etc..

If I made a film and had it shown in every cineam and made it available for DVD, then i would expect the normal returns from that.
Just because my film is shown on youtube does not make it any less valid of a film as it would in a cinema.

It is just as easy for anyone to copy a video from a DVD and post it in sections onto youtube as it is for anyone to copy a video from youtube and make it into a DVD.

There are still parts of the world where DVD' ad the internet are relatively new, so anyone with a bit of business savvy could easily make a nice profit from this.

Even 'official' companies could use this method to turn a profit by sending sales reps to areas where they know they'll make some cash.

well, youtube, thumbs up for a cool idea, but wether it's gonna really pay off is another thing..

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join