It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Cant defend itself..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
according to this report:
news.yahoo.com...

So does no one find this disturbing..how much do we spend on the military publicly..and how much on BLACK PROJECTS (triple Im sure) for advanced & exotic systems..and yet we cant defend ourselves from an attack be it earth or more likely an extraterrestrial attack.

Does anyone have numbers on black project yearly spending? Its in the trillions right? What a farce this is

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, actually they are saying that we are not ready for a catastrophic attack on the country. It didn't say we can't defend ourselves.

"In response, Air Force Gen. Gene Renuart, chief of U.S. Northern command, said the Pentagon is putting together a specialized military team that would be designed to respond to such catastrophic events.

'The capability for the Defense Department to respond to a chemical, biological event exists now," Renuart told the AP. "It, today, is not as robust as we would like because of the demand on the forces that we've placed across the country. ... I can do it today. It would be harder on the (military) services, but I could respond.'"

Translation: We could defend ourselves, it's just gonna be messy.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well, if the US wouldn't have a hostile attitude towards ET/UFOs
( and anything in the world) on the first place then it wouldn't be a hard question.
If an advanced civilisation wants to attack. We are toast anyway. Including the US.

Dr. Carol Rosin

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We're not ready,meaning we cant do it. When they talk about that the citizens should be the ones to defend it with pitchforks it worries me. Back to the topic though...WHY ARE THEY SAYING THIS??

How much is SPENT on BLACK PROJECTS..that they even dare need to say this..thats what I wanna know!!! 27 billion or more? Do you think its right that they have the balls to say we cant defend this country when we spend that much on stuff we dont even know what it is. Aside from regular military spending and we all know where thats being wasted (In iraq)

Originally posted by jerico65
Well, actually they are saying that we are not ready for a catastrophic attack on the country. It didn't say we can't defend ourselves.

"In response, Air Force Gen. Gene Renuart, chief of U.S. Northern command, said the Pentagon is putting together a specialized military team that would be designed to respond to such catastrophic events.

'The capability for the Defense Department to respond to a chemical, biological event exists now," Renuart told the AP. "It, today, is not as robust as we would like because of the demand on the forces that we've placed across the country. ... I can do it today. It would be harder on the (military) services, but I could respond.'"

Translation: We could defend ourselves, it's just gonna be messy.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
why?,the military has largely become a method for making money for the defence contractors and corrupt politicians,thus its primary objective of defence capabilities has been sacrificed.hence the catastrophe that is iraq.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
what would the us government do in the midst of an intellersteller invasion.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
Back to the topic though...WHY ARE THEY SAYING THIS??

Because its true? I dont think ANY nation is ready for a "catastrophic" attack. By definition, you cant be lol. So Russia is launching 2000 nukes at the US tomorrow, bring out the National Guard to defend against them, they can surely do it!!!

Though from what I gather, they are talking more about terrorist attacks and the likes. For that I fail to see why it has to be a military unit. Should FBI handle this?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The article has nothing to do with ET/UFOs, why is it in this section?

Anyway, I can't think of any other country in the world that article doesn't apply to. The US would probably fare better than most countries as it has two huge oceans on either side and would be able to see what's comming better. But still, you can only do so much to prepare....

top topics

join