It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: Mars 'Humanoid Figure' Is Tiny Wind-Blown Rock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

NASA: Mars 'Humanoid Figure' Is Tiny Wind-Blown Rock

www.foxnews.com

A strange alien figure on Mars? Yeah, right, says NASA.

As reported Wednesday, bloggers and British newspapers have been abuzz this week over a blurry image taken by the Mars rover Spirit in November that seems to show a humanoid figure ambling down a shallow slope.

"It's a two-inch piece of rock eroded by the wind," explained NASA spokesman Dwayne Brown.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Anybody buy this, another cover up? It looks strange to say the least.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yeah, I buy it. How anyone in their right mind can think that is a humanoid figure needs to take a step back and have a good look.

I wanna see life on Mars just like the next person, maybe more, but in the process I will keep my rationality. When I first saw it I just laughed at the newspaper and knew that I'd get home, come on here and it'd be debunked in a matter of hours.

The stuff that I believe proves life on Mars is Mikesinghs amazing works with the photographs, not small chunks of rock that look like rocks, not people.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This was talked about last week.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Rock or not, NASA doesn't exactly have a good track record of telling the truth.

They even try to shut down their own astronauts that try to talk about what they've seen and experienced.

So I feel no obligation to believe their story. Would love to have my own rover on mars though.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I think it looks more like a Big Foot than a humanoid figure. If thats the case then technology has really far surpassed anything we are aware of yet. That would mean that the Big Foots use some sort of advanced system to travel instantly to our world from say Mars, they hunt (since hunting looks sparse on Mars) then they simply transport back to their own home planet...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JENJESLIS
Anybody buy this, another cover up? It looks strange to say the least.

It's either a rock that resembles something other than a rock, which is common throughout the known solar system...

...or it's the most important discovery in the history of mankind.

The former is more likely.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I for one, beleive NASA. This time.

What on Mars would someone be doing sitting on a rock...waiting for a bus?

I'm sorry but this is too way out there, even for me. sorry.

To the OP: I know you're simply posting news, this is not directed at you.

Its directed at the whole scene.

top topics

join