It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Ron Paul doing with all the donations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
He has been spending the money, mostly in Super Tuesday states, so if you don't live in one of those, good luck seeing the advertisements.

Advertising is not cheap. I heard it costs between 3-4 million to do a week of television commercials in any one state, so $20million isn't going to get you too far. The reason why it seems like his campaign is not spending the money is because he is getting ZERO free publicity from the mainstream media. The amount of attention Romney McCain Clinton Obama etc etc have received so far is easily the equivalent of hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising.

I think one of the best ways to spend $3million would have been to do a Super Bowl commercial, maybe even spend $5million on a 60 second spot. BUT Fox has said they will not allow any political advertising during the Super Bowl, so that's out. If you see a National advertisement (rumor is that Ron Paul has been trying to buy up local spots during the Super Bowl, so again, national advertisements have been banned) then raise hell. Those of us that watched the debate on Wednesday watched Anderson Cooper say to Ron Paul "I promise you you'll have a question about [this topic] coming up in 2 questions" when Ron Paul tried to interject himself into the debate. Low and behold, 40 minutes later and 8 questions later, it was blatantly obvious Anderson lied. So watch out for Fox lying and airing other candidates commercials....

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Probably a good idea to keep an eye on the any happenings involving the KKK, jut in case the reports are true.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I live in between two super tuesday states and listen to AM radio ( cause i like walking around ill at conservatives who just don't get it and don't realize how far they have fallen in the mind of the moderate over the past decade). I've heard Ron Paul advertisements on AM radio in both Georgia and Alabama. I see lots of his posters and even a few of his supporters on streetcorners on my to and in the City work in. I was wondering how a smaller candidate could get so many signs out over a 50 mile commute through back roads and small towns, then i remembered all the money he had raised. It's a shame he has said that he is a Republican and that's it. It'd be great if that money could be the seed for something to challenge two party dominance.

<< 1   >>

join