It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tupperware-style Taser Parties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Tupperware-style Taser Parties

www.alternet.org

The SUV-driving, stun-gun-wielding housewife is coming to a suburb near you. In Arizona, Tupperware-style Taser parties have become all the rage, thanks to the enterprising savvy of saleswoman Dana Shafman, founder of Shieldher Inc.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm not going to completely disagree with this trend. I've actually been a proponent of personal defense and have taught women's self-defense courses in the past as well as equipped friends with personal protection products.

My biggest concern is the lack of training required or likely encouraged to own and use these devices. Quite often, untrained people with devices like this end up on the wrong end. I have to say, I'm really not sure, but I think that on-balance, this is probably a good thing.

On a related note, if only we could get police to suffer severe consequences when they use them on law-abiding citizens.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I am buying one when I can. I have 2 kids and if anyone tries to get funny with me I would bust that out on them. Bet it would make them think twice if they tried it again

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Juicy

Hi Juicy,
Sounds good, but if you haven't already, I'd also recommend a self defense course that includes use of the Taser or some kind of pepper-spray weapon. It's important to learn how to recognize potentially dangerous situations, get it ready (kind of like safety-off), and keep appropriate but still effective distance as you use it.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by lifestudent]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
OMG Where do I sign up? I could make a MINT on this in my area!!! OOHHHHH YEEEEEEEAH!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This article has a video of one in action.
Taser C2 Personal in Action

apc

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The new Tazer is pretty sweet. It's as small as a dollar bill and sprays a confetti of tiny serial number tags that can be tracked to the owner, ensuring accountability. I'll still keep a 9mm with me when I travel, but a Tazer is nice in that it can be carried concealed without a permit.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
and in other news canada are looking at banning tazers as being a lethel weapon....

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Just because there have been a handful of deaths after someone was tasered, they want to consider it lethal. And out of all the studies done on these people that have died, none of them could be linked back to the taser health-wise. Sure, it might have scared the crap out of them, thus the heart attacks and what not, but I guess they should have listened in the first place.

apc

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It amazes me how many people genuinely believe that.

"Yeah I shot them, but they should have ducked!"

Wow.

top topics

join