It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment/ recession/ depression... Could it lead to our doom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
OK. So we are at 5% unemployment rate now. That equals 7.7 million people without a job according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor (which from what I understand can be easily debated and the actual number could be higher). If unemployment rises, oh I don’t know, say another 5% and we have 15 million people or more without jobs; could that spell disaster for law enforcement and a possible shot to the heart of the economy?

I don’t think a great depression and/or that kind of unemployment rate today can be easily compared to the Great Depression of our countries past. Culture has changed (that is whatever culture America actually possesses) and morals have declined throughout the country due to many factors. And the “me first” attitude runs rampant through much of society. If these high levels of unemployment came to be and crime rose drastically, could martial law be declared? Would this be evidence of conspiracy?

I am not an economist so I don’t understand all the implications of the Fed cutting interest rates. I know it's is some feeble attempt to thwart off a recession. But from listening to people who know much more about this stuff than I (Ron Paul); doing stuff like this is what got us here in the first place. And the real kicker here is if Ron Paul and other economists like the guy from Mad Money can see this stuff, then surely they (the Fed) know exactly what they are doing...right? Therefore I think it is fairly safe to assume they very well might be trying to push the economy into recession and possibly a depression. Maybe not now, but possibly in the near future?

Also, I have heard comments from members of Congress asking the former Federal Reserve Chairman why no one can understand all the mumbo jumbo he speaks besides himself. Could all that mumbo jumbo be spewed on purpose? Could it be to keep us confused so we don’t find out what exactly is going on with the economy? I guess this stuff would fall into the whole NWO thing I suppose. Some kind of agenda implemented by the shadow government. And if whatever little plan they are trying to pull off didn't work then they can fall back on the excuse of "well we tried to do everything to stop a recession/ depression. We cut interest rates and gave a $800 check to every tax paying citizen. What more do you want us to do?" I really don't know. I just know it is hard to take anything the government does and says these days at face value. Know what I mean?

I guess only time will tell. But either way I think these are questions that should be addressed sooner rather than later.

Look forward to reading your thoughts.

oops.. i think this is in the wrong forum. Anyone know how to move it to the right forum? Mod?
newbie...

[edit on 9/16/07 by abelievingskeptic]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well I think what it means is doom for the middle and lower class, while it means record profits for the upper echelons of the population; those that live of the backs of the middle and lower classes.

What happens when you have 15 millions people jobless, well you have just created a large market of cheap labour, willing to work for next to nothing, under terrible health and saftey conditions.

Its the 1890's all over again.

North America will become yet another third world country as the parasitic Multi-national companies that sucked Canada, the US, and Mexico, move to China as their next base of operations.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

What happens when you have 15 millions people jobless, well you have just created a large market of cheap labour, willing to work for next to nothing, under terrible health and saftey conditions.

Ya, but we will still have labor laws and a minimum wage. I think it might lead to a littlemore upheaval than cheap labor. I think it would be more along the lines of a rise in the police state. If you have all of those peole jobless, its a pretty safe bet to say crime is going to go through the roof. And the government will respond by upping the numbers of police and/or giving the national guard a green light to start policing the street. Just like they did in New Orleans.

My main question is does the fed understand the direction they are pushing America in? And if they do understand, then there is a lot more to this whole secret, shadow government than I personally thought.

new topics

join