It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Newspaper gives hidden secrets" said an elderly man I met...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Hope this is the appropriate forum, as the man I was discussing this info with says he was serving the "Fourth Estate". He didn't imply it was a secret society, however by what he was saying, I certainly thought so!

This started around 8 months ago, visiting a friend who was being treated as an inpatient for depression. During a visit, I got to know a very cool elderly gentleman, was was labelled schizophrenic, over a few visits, we also built up a friendship, and although you may be thinking he was deluded - what he had to tell me was 'backed up' with evidence.....from the states most read Newspaper.

Anyway, the story goes, that he wrote to the Newspapers' editors, and stated that they should arrange stories in the Paper according to the page they were printed on. He said they started to do this eventually. The reason behind it - was for people 'in the know' to know what was 'really' being printed depending on the page it was on.

I can't recall what the page numbers were other than the number '6' being used, something along the lines of the story being of a 'sickly' nature.

So over a few weeks I started to read the newspaper and of course, the story on page '6' and '66' were very disturbing stories. I also recall reading at the time the other pages - and they fit his description of what they were supposed to mean.

He also told me to only be interested in stories that had photos by certain photographers, associated with who wrote the story, was a good indication that it was a 'relevant' story that in the long run would be in my 'interest'.

So now we were past this issue of stories on certain page numbers, and now were in the 'Sports Section' in the back of the paper. He also stated to only read articles by a certain Journalist, and depending on what 'page' the article was on, depended on what the journalists intention of the article was really about. IE, if it was a certain page - it would be the 'opposite' of what he was writing about. He also told me to check the 'Horse Race' fixtures, and only make bets (if i were to make bets) on race number '7'. He taught me how to read the history of the horses, and also to get to know the reputation of horse trainers. I've forgotten all of this, but I recall doing some 'estimated' guess work on what horse would win with the information he had given me. Most of it of course was depending on the report by the 'journalist' in the know.

ALL races I tried to pick the winner - ALL CAME LAST. The man told me that I either forgot 'this' and 'that' in the stories, and stated how the 'winner' was picked from the stories in the sports section.

I recall him showing me his winning tickets quite a lot of the time.

So anyway, eventually he started showing me how to give a 'proper' handshake. Also questioned me on why I would wear rings on certain fingers - he stated what each finger was supposed to represent, and pointed out that due to the finger I had a silver ring on, that I had an interest in Men. I assured him that was not the case, and I didn't know about the finger system, so I never wore it there again.

He then said to me "If someone does this to you when you give a handshake - make sure you do it back, he'll know your with the Fourth Estate". I'm like WTF, when did I say yes to becoming a member! And what the hell was the Fourth Estate.

So I asked him if he was a Freemason, he said no. I then asked him what the Fourth Estate was, and he said "The Media".

Anyway, I seemed to divert a bit, but there's something to think about what newspapers 'may' be upto.

Thx

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I've often heard that with papers such as Pravda and the NY Times you have to know 'how' to read it. Maybe some of Murdoch's drivel would make sense after all. That's all I got

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
So I asked him if he was a Freemason, he said no. I then asked him what the Fourth Estate was, and he said "The Media".

He's right about that.

en.wikipedia.org...

Very interesting story.
I'd love to be able to pick winners!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hey nice find!!!

What was interesting, was he also said you can pick the winners because its all rigged that way - ie the sports journalist being able to tell you who the winner is by the way he writes on what page.

Either way, its been a while, i haven't looked any further into the subject, but thought you'd all may be interested

Thx

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Indeed there are sometimes more in newspaper than it shows to most people. You have to know little bit of symbolism, logic, metaphors etc. Usually they are not there on purpose by the paper, but the writer or the subject of the article.

"He who has ears, let him hear!"

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Interesting story.. what newspaper did he work with again?

Also... coud he pick the next Powerball drawing? .. I could really use 100+ million right about now....

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Good find. Where could i find more info on "how to read the New York Times"

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think it is true that newspaper stories are aligned in certain ways that fit the personal biases of the writers. Papers intentionally bury or promote stories they do not like to different pages, depending on their agenda. Not sure of the whole "fixed system" behind it though...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

That was very interesting. I really wish you could remember more details, so if you do remember anything else, regardless how vague, please add them to the thread. I would love to try to discern the pattern. (Not so much the horse racing, but sure, that too)

Great post!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hey - thanks for the replies!

I do recall that the position of the page number if its a dual or triple digits make a difference. There are 3 meanings to the individual numbers...

Ie - if it was page 66. The first 6 means something, then the second 6 means something else.

If it was 57, You would take meaning number '2' for the 5, and meaning number '1' for number 7.

If it was 285, it would be meaning number '3' for 2, meaning number 2, for 8, and meaning number 1 for 5.

I think the '666' page was 'sick, sickly, sick intentions'. Not too sure. And one of the meanings of number 9 was 'Nearing death - or Death itself', something along those lines..

So a story on page 69 would be a 'Sickly Death'

3's were an important story, I honestly can't recall too much more.

Thx

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Interesting story, although it is also reported by many psychiatrist that people "labelled" with schizophrenia often have delusions similar to the theme of your friends fourth estate tale. I also find it interesting that the papers behave this way at his suggestion (if i read your post right).

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Yes thats true of course - but not all schizophrenics have delusions, I suppose it depends on what part affects them most and how influenced they are by thoughts - or whether there is evidence to what they're saying.

One of my favourite quotes is "Just because I'm Paranoid - Doesn't mean they're not after me, besides, I'm not really paranoid, everyone just thinks I am".

My wife totally agrees with you though, she thinks he's totally nuts!

Although, I did 'shake hands' with a few people since talking to him - and what that elderly man said about how to respond - I did so, and the result of the other person was exactly what he said would happen. These were business owners and what not. I actually freaked out with the handshake response because I actually had no idea what to do next! I sort of yanked my hand away and stuttered a bit.

Although - one time, someone who also responded the same way said to my wife who was next to me at the time: "You have to hold onto this man, he's heading in the right direction". He didn't know me or anything, it was our first introduction.

But yes, I do know where you're coming from. There was this other guy who truly believed that Tasmania (Small Island State south of eastern Australia), was nuked by the Chinese. He was totally flipping, eyes 'dilated', and in the stage of having a psychotic episode. I actually said that even if it was true, that he need not worry because we were safe, made some other jokes about it and he laughed. Calmed him down a bit. Which brings me to another matter - never argue with someone who thinks this way, agree to the possibility that what they are saying is true, and find a way to slowly divert their minds into a more positive way of thinking, to the extent that they question their delusions.

Thanks for the reply

Thx

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Wow, the handshake bit is pretty freaky and the reactions you have encountered. The Tasmanian Nuclear story is quite amusing as i live in Australia, i hope that dude was nuts and not clarvoyent as i might need to relocate. I also agree with your tactic with dealing with people with severe delusions.... my response is similar to yours... " i believe that you believe thats true" and quietly change the subject....my old flatmate is a psych nurse and i also studied nursing so what you experienced interests me.....i also find it admirable that you show your support by visiting your friend in a setting that usually disturbs and distresses the best of us and then extend your friendship to a total stranger....bravo.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
So is it newspapers only, or is it also television media? I could see the same being done perhaps with the time news is on.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Atlasastro - The guy who feared Tasmania had been nuked was in a state of having an episode, ranting and getting a little emotional about it - he truly believed it had happened. He said he saw in between the lines of the previous nights news report - he also said he was coming down off Methamphetamines (That should have given him the indication that it was a drug induced psychosis - nevermind)

I have tolerance for people who have these illnesses - as in 2001 I was diagnosed with a myriad of mental illnesses myself (No longer suffer from mind you).

ThePiemaker - He never mentioned anything else, said the newspaper was the only thing that he ever suggested to the editors into organising such things. However the paper is owned by a famous east Australian media Mogul. But you are right - the same can occur with TV and other such media.

Thx

join