It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is CNN The CIA's Tool?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
People will sell anything, why not a war (happens all the time, actually; watch the news). Yeah, I think it can be very easily done. Flick on the tube. The image sizzles to life. You recognize them?

"Psyops personnel, soldiers and officers, have been working in CNN's headquarters in Atlanta through our programme 'Training With Industry'. They worked as regular employees of CNN. Conceivably, they would have worked on stories during the Kosovo war. They helped in the production of new typa of news."
�De Vries refers to the Commander of the Fourth Psychological Operations Group, Colonel Cristopher St. John, who described the cooperation with CNN as "a textbook example of the kind of ties the American army wants to have with the media."
�The kind of ties that will allow it "to spread handpicked 'information' and keep other news quiet, ... to control the internet, to wage electronic warfare against disobedient media, and to control commercial satellites. �Most of which, it should be noted, the intelligence community already does to varying degrees. Still, the control is not yet complete enough.�

www.mail-archive.com...@yahoogroups.com/msg00666.html

Just think of advertising on TV, the government spends millions of dollars with some of the largest New York agencies to influence our opinions, TV is an enormously powerful tool. It's pumped into our homes 24 hours a day, you see something enough you start to believe it.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
They are the Pentagon's tool to be exact.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
They seem more controlled by globalistic powers than the CIA or any other American force. Who owns the media in general around the world would answer this question. I know who it is but it is too controversial to say it here.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The news is such a powerful tool, I find it hard to believe that the "powers that be" overlooked this.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Media is a power in itself. They can kill and torture innocent people without getting the blame, they can make presidents leave their offices, and they can make you believe that you are in control of your life. Whoever controls the media controls the world. Until the right people starts turning off their tellies.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hamilton,

all so true and who is behind the media are the front men for the real power that runs the world. A power that values chaos over order, immorality over chastidy, and selfishness over giving.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hell i bet it could be. It's true that more people watch CNN than anyother news source and it could be the CIA's toy to lie to people

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
And the old thread about the CIA using the CNN entity Cartoon Network to americanize third world nations is 100% true as well.

CNN, Cartoon Network both are globalization tools from Ted "One Billion to UN Donation" Turner himself.

No joke. And Murdoch's Fox is no different. The ONLY difference is where Ted teaches third world kids to save the environment by fighting corporations, Rupert teaches kids that only those corporations will save you.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Appropos Cartoon Network and immorality. Try make a dictate before 100 people and say FOX Kids. Make them write down what they hear without questioning. The result would be both disgusting and disturbing. Can't someone get them off the air?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
When a child watches cartoons they try to imitate what they see. Usually violence.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
-PBS AND NPR AS AN ARM OF THE STATE-
On January 23rd, Charlie Rose got the roundtable discussion going about the Democratic Primary Race. We, the public, pay for it. (In more ways than one!)

Shaping the electorate in typical elitist fashion, the entire hour was about
Senators John Kerry and John Edwards. Only once did any of the panelists
mention Howard Dean or Gen. Wesley Clark, and they did so very briefly and dismissively, in practically a single sentence.

Edwards has gone on record stating that, "it is now, a two-man race." How convenient. He said last week, "it was for the voters to decide."

PBS, seemed to follow his latest command, and kept the horse-blinders on by centering the dialogue on two candidates, exclusively talking horse-race.

Sickening.

NPR did two stories on Howard Dean this morning. Dismissive stories.

One centered on the grassroots internet raising of cash by the Dean campaign.
Success noted it said, but now its all moot because he hasn't won a state, the story said collectively. All problems and negativity about Dean highlighted, but his acheivements were expunged.

The second Howard Dean story talked about his base fleeing and throwing support to John Kerry. Again, all negative and nothing presented to encourage support or further examination of the candidate. No issues were highlighted. A little horse
race thrown in- nothing.

Looks like the stations got their marching orders, from inside Washington DC, that is. Funny, because Charlie Rose takes himself so seriously. NPR thinks its still
relevant in the new age of information. Relevant-yes, if you are a political operative who needs spin projected or a press release read as fact.

I think the harshest criticism of President Bush I heard during the whole morning, was that -"for moderates, his administration was too ideological." Is that code for
they are a bunch of right-wing extremists?

If we have to figure it out ourselves, what the hell do we pay them for?

The only good thing about PBS and NPR lately is that I haven't seen any Presidential Historians on there like Doris Kearns Goodwin. They will go on, pandering and posturing for the elite. Cicero might as well trying to be
apologetic for Caligula. But thats an exaggeration.

How her and Bechloss really make me feel is more like committing suicide, while lamenting the death of free speech in America.

The damage control on the WMD fallout had been especially bad on Jim Lehrer.
The government representatives were given so much time to freely spout off their
propaganda, that old Jim should just as well give them the mic and have a coffee
break. Looks like he's not qualified to moderate any more Presidential debates.

Of course, this is all exaggeration right? NPR is usually straight-forward, right?
Sure. Straight-forward as in a horse, constantly wearing blinders.

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by darkwraith]

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by darkwraith]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
People will sell anything, why not a war (happens all the time, actually; watch the news). Yeah, I think it can be very easily done. Flick on the tube. The image sizzles to life. You recognize them?

"Psyops personnel, soldiers and officers, have been working in CNN's headquarters in Atlanta through our programme 'Training With Industry'. They worked as regular employees of CNN. Conceivably, they would have worked on stories during the Kosovo war. They helped in the production of new typa of news."
�De Vries refers to the Commander of the Fourth Psychological Operations Group, Colonel Cristopher St. John, who described the cooperation with CNN as "a textbook example of the kind of ties the American army wants to have with the media."
�The kind of ties that will allow it "to spread handpicked 'information' and keep other news quiet, ... to control the internet, to wage electronic warfare against disobedient media, and to control commercial satellites. �Most of which, it should be noted, the intelligence community already does to varying degrees. Still, the control is not yet complete enough.�

www.mail-archive.com...@yahoogroups.com/msg00666.html

Just think of advertising on TV, the government spends millions of dollars with some of the largest New York agencies to influence our opinions, TV is an enormously powerful tool. It's pumped into our homes 24 hours a day, you see something enough you start to believe it.

All of the mainstream media is the government's tool. That's how the hell they got us into this unwinnable situation in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
All of the mainstream media is the government's tool. That's how the hell they got us into this unwinnable situation in Iraq.

I turn on the news and 99.9% of the time they are talking about things that are ment to scare the public. I like to know what's happening in my community and the world but it's depressing to watch the news. Maybe that's why so many people need antidepressants. We just need more good news!

top topics

join