It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue-eyed humans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

I have "magic eyes" too. (that's what my son called them when he was little). My eyes are usually green but depending on mood or weather, they will change to hazel or grey/green. Rarely will they turn brown and only once (that I know of) did they turn blue. I've never heard an explanation for why eyes change color. It's a well-known fact that babies eye color will change (as well as hair color) but I've never known anyone who knew WHY. Is there a scientific explanation for changing eye color as an adult? Or as a child?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

"Pigment in the front layer of the iris (called the stroma) colors the iris. Eye color lightens when pigment granules drop in number, or when the granules make a lighter color. See figure. The iris can also lose color if the pigment degrades.

Eyes, unlike skin and hair, do not synthesize color pigment continuously. Instead, eyes keep pigment granules made earlier. So, if the pigment degrades, the eye color lightens.

Likewise, eyes can darken if the number of pigment granules increase or if the granules make darker pigment."

The above was copied and pasted from
www.wonderquest.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pro-genetic

Thanks for the answer to my question, PG. The truth really is out there.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Dont thank me, thank the european researchers from cern who created the internet and enabled us to get to this exact point in time that we now find ourselves!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Cavemen Preferred Blondes with blue eyes too.

As a child I had blond hair and blue eyes. Still have the blue eyes but I've never noticed a caveman wanting to take me away.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Ug Ug, Gork take you ack to cave and make sweet cave man love! Ug Ug, how do they know what cavemen have prefered?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyfrom2007
Yeah. But what is strange is that I am from India....

That's not strange at all. People all over the world have green eyes. It's more rare than blue though, which is very interesting to me. My green eyes change color too. Sometimes they appear more blue, most of the time they are very grass green, and sometimes when my eyes water they are more yellow-green. Weird, huh? But it's apparently normal for green eyes to change color.

This is an interesting site about green eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join