It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue-eyed humans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Blue-eyed humans

www.physorg.com

New research shows that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor. A team at the University of Copenhagen have tracked down a genetic mutation which took place 6-10,000 years ago and is the cause of the eye colour of all blue-eyed humans alive on the planet today
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
So the bible was right when it said were all gods children,only god was a man named "steve" with blue eyes who lived 6-10,000 years ago and enjoyed his lady friends!

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ruh roh.

I'm a mutant!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Freaks. Alla ya's FREAKS!

Pretty neat that we're able to look back that far, though, really

[edit on 31-1-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Wohoo I'm a mutant. Cool well as Erik Lehnsherr aka Magneto from the wonderful X-men comics once put it. "We are the next step of evolution" But I will admit that guy must have been an ancestory to Hugh Heffner.

:: A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when open. ::

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pro-genetic

Where was the point of origin for the mutation? Meaning, from what dominant genome? I would like to research this myself!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_stinky_pinky

It's the OCA2 gene or P gene!I cant really go in depth in this one as im only learning about this stuff myself, but its really interesting though!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I found this: www.thetech.org...

"In terms of eye color, OCA2 comes in two versions—brown (B) and blue (b). The brown version works in the stroma, the blue version does not. Since the blue version doesn’t work there, no melanin builds up. So these folks have blue eyes.

Now OCA2 isn’t just involved in eye color. When it is completely broken, we end up with something called P-gene related oculocutaneous albinism. This is a form of albinism more common in Africans than in Caucasians."

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
If when it becomes a P-Gene, and is prevalent more in Africans than Caucasians, then why don't more Africans have blue eyes? [wondering.........]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_stinky_pinky
If when it becomes a P-Gene, and is prevalent more in Africans than Caucasians, then why don't more Africans have blue eyes? [wondering.........]

Maybe a balance, the melanin is more powerful or something, sorry I don't know much about this.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It sounds like junk science to me. As a firm believer in Evolution this alleged "Adam" sounds abit to biblical to be true. Humans are not the only mammal with blue eyes.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I am curious to know about myself. I had blue eyes when I was a toddler but then it changed to Green. Now it is hazy green and I believe it will change to light green as I grow older.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyfrom2007
I am curious to know about myself. I had blue eyes when I was a toddler but then it changed to Green. Now it is hazy green and I believe it will change to light green as I grow older.

Same here, blue as a little kid 5 years old to - blue/grey - blue/grey/green - blue/ green- now mostly green.
are they still changing I don't know lol. I like the colour now thou, green. It's more rare

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Yeah. But what is strange is that I am from India....

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I can assure you this is serious research. Actually it was already published 9th of January by the Copenhagen University on their website.

Searching seems to indicate it wasn't published on English websites before yesterday, and the linked article is a very condensed excerpt of the original in Danish. I'm sure there's a link for the full article in English too, if you search it.

Here's the original Danish article in full (google doesn't translate from Danish 'yet').
sund.ku.dk...

Maybe someone knows an auto-trans that handles Danish.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyfrom2007
Yeah. But what is strange is that I am from India....

Yeah it happens. I'm half moroccan.

I've seen a few Indian and Moroccans and others with green eyes too. cool

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I would just like to say, hi to all my brothers and sisters

What about blue eyed dogs? What was Sven up to back then? :O

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by guyfrom2007

What's strange about that? People of India share the same origine as European people.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Does anyone have an answer to why my Baby Blues change color according to my mood? They range in color from Steel to Bright Sky Blue.

I've never met anyone else with this same trait before whether they have Brown, Blue or Green eyes.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
HAha my extreemly blue eyes are my best feature women love them

But you all do know that brown eyed people can have the blue eyed gene too,and if their partner does theres a 1 in 4 chance of a blue eyed baby

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join