It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe there is inteligent life on Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ok i guess this may have been beaten to death but I am trying to look at this logically - for whatever that will be.

OK here it is: Here we sit on Earth and we want to look for life or do some research. So what do we do? We send off satellites and rovers etc to distant planets like Mars.

Now, think of this - Some other civilization is sitting on their planet and send off satellites to Earth. So we look up and see a bunch of satellites circling earth gathering info on us and we walk down the road and along comes a little rover filming and drilling into everything. What would you do? Probably take it home and dismantle it.

Ok now there may be life on Mars but it it intelligent enough to realize it is being observed or it's home being invaded. If it were intelligent enough to have this realization wouldn't it destroy these rovers etc?

OR, if there IS life, they know about us and what we are doing and are in cahoots so do not accidentally step in front of the rover cameras.

I mean honestly, why would they allow us to "invade" their space? OR is it a smoke screen for what is actually going on? Who knows.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Intelligent life isn't just going to exist in a few stray crater shadows. Life takes up space. It makes obvious marks on the landscape. Like roads with junctions where there are towns.

Just look at Google Earth. What are the obvious signs of inhabitation? Now, do you see the same stuff, to the same degree, on Mars, or the Moon? Of course not. Even if they lived primarily underground, there would be points of access that would show obvious signs of use.

How many Martians do you think would be there? Maybe we wouldn't see them if there were less than a dozen total, hiding in old river bottoms. How many? A thousand? A million? That's not many, you know. Now where would a million Martians hide?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Intelligent life isn't just going to exist in a few stray crater shadows. Life takes up space. It makes obvious marks on the landscape. Like roads with junctions where there are towns.

Just look at Google Earth. What are the obvious signs of inhabitation? Now, do you see the same stuff, to the same degree, on Mars, or the Moon? Of course not. Even if they lived primarily underground, there would be points of access that would show obvious signs of use.

How many Martians do you think would be there? Maybe we wouldn't see them if there were less than a dozen total, hiding in old river bottoms. How many? A thousand? A million? That's not many, you know. Now where would a million Martians hide?

I really do appreciate such simple logic! No conspiracy there, in your explanation. Maybe they are all invisible?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

I believe that intelligent nonhuman life exists and I further am satisfied rationally that such life is and was on Mars.

"That is not dead that can eternal lie and in strange aeons even death may die".

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I am holding out hope that there is life on Mars, as it is in really short supply here on Earth!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I am very highly skeptical of intelligent life on Mars. However the more basic forms of life equivalent to the likes worms, molds, and bacterias may very well exist and thrive on, inside, or around Mars.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Yo make a good point. Yes, i agree, if there was abundant life on mars there would be signs. Well, there are signs that there possibly was life on mars. There probably IS life on mars. In what form - i do not know.

There is also no way the rovers have investigated the entire surface of mars. That also means that, possibly, the powers-that-be, know where to roam and where not to roam.

Sometimes, and i hate this term because it is thrown around too easily at times, Occam's Razor just doesn't cut it. Yeah, Google earth and we see life forms. Is there a Google Mars yet? Nope.

So, though i appreciate your easy to understand and logical post, and PLEASE, this is NOT a knock, i believe there is more to what is on Mars than what "meets the eye" and Google earth doesn't prove there is life just because there are roads and buildings in certain places. So too, because there are no roads and buildings blatantly visible (the opposite is also addressed in other threads) does not mean there is NOT life as we MAY know it.

I also don't believe we haven't visited Mars yet. Yeah, it would take 7 months or so to get there, but we don't have all the answers. Perhaps humans are already living and working on Mars - speculation of course - not fact - from Earth.

Possibly Mars was the first "earth" - but again - a number of rovers have been sent to Mars. Perhaps the rover was NOT the only thing transported there during the same "trip". Supplies? Parts? etc etc

Good point too from DogHead and beaverg. There may only be non-human life. Intelligent or not - it is life.

Noew my good friend MikeSingh is the Mars expert - seriously. He has shown much evidence of (possible) life having existed or existing.

But that brings me back to a question, are the rover deliveries smoke screens for other "projects" that are on the go on Mars?

Would NASA use over 4000 technicians, scientists and other personal over a number of years just to but a robot on Mars? Perhaps the cost is well worth the result. But I would logically say that is a HUGE amount of money and man power for a robot only!! If it was a robot alone perhaps 10 scientists, 50 technicians etc. Maybe a total of 200 people but 4000?? Doesn't make sense - does it?

Contrary to many that believe the rover missions and viking etc were hoaxes, i believe they happened but had MORE important missions in mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Opportunityend 2007 vs Spirit 2004 Bonneville crater show similar animals.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
intelligent life on mars? like before mentioned, the signs of an external civilization have not been found, but i do not see why intelligent life has to evolve and perform like us humans have.

maybe an alien civilization on mars does exist, but since they have evolved their minds more than their bodies, they live in telepathic cities and towns. they have automated themselves to survive minimally and physically underground or out of human-technology's perception, while thriving in a collective group consciousness that is as or more real to them as our physical existence here.

or maybe there is absolutely no life whatsoever on mars. not every planet is a winner.

maybe some day we will know for sure?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I believe that there once was intelligent life on Mars along time ago. As far as evidence goes, the D&M pyramid in cydonia is what sways me. There is no way that a pentagonal pyramid is a natural occurence!!! and its right next to that face and a load od other un-natural looking stuff, the chances of coincidence are very slim.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I cannot account for ancient life on mars in some form or another.
As for right now, if there is, it must be completely subterranean.
Which would account for lack of visible access points.
Just think of a intelligent race of ants, Who would suspect a big old pile
of dirt or rocks, as an access point to an subterranean civilization.

We cannot neccessarily use human logic to classify any being that hasnt formed on earth. Just look at the things we discover about liforms on our own planet

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Life on mars is very possible once we get through the top surface maybe couple of miles down anything is possible.

Intelligent life well thats a whole no ball game.

Is there inteligent life in our solar system?

We like to think ourselves as inteligent however we are war mongeres, we are killing our own planet, not to mention we continually lie to the masses.

Does that indicate inteligent life?

Europa is our best bet... but I doubt that I will see it....My daughter probably won't even see it but one day who knows.....

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

Think of animals, that live in mock societies such as lions and or wolves.
Would they not protect their territory or food source if it were being used against their wishes?
So as a pack would they not attack?
Is that not the same as "war".

Lying is a individual trait, a minority lies to the majority you cannot doubt
intelligence because of battling for dominance in your enviroment.
Every animal, on every scale does this.
As for killing the planet, its not possible, the planet is self sustaining, we may do substantial damage but IMO earth would way outlast any human threat we could imagine.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure there's Life on Mars because I have about 1,000 pics of Mars people,animals,fossils.
Of course not everyone can see the faces on Mars,since I've found for 4 years of posting them,some resistance for people to see them truly,even when saying they are trying very hard.They just have trouble with pattern recognition.They can see tv pics fine.
If you show them a pic of the face of a baby they can point to it and say"BABY". It's not like they are blind.
They can find their own car in a crowded parking lot.
They can read the newspaper,yet they still can't see faces from Mars.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Shear, I believe Mars was our home world and we seeded this planet due to the demise of that world. Many say that could not happen but look at it this way if a large enough bollide hit the Earth in the future the planet as we know it would either become life Mars or so transformed that all we know now would be buried under mountains and miles of sea. I we have the technology to move from this Planet its natural that we would search for other Worlds to colonise.

Thats whats happened to Mars, some people know the real truth about Mars thats why their sending all the rovers up there, thats why we are planning to go there soon. Dont you find it strange that if there was the slightest bit of evidence of past life on Mars it would be news of the Millenia, but no, all the evidence is laughed at by so called experts and the controllers who dont want us to know the truth.

Just think what the reaction would be if they told us we came from Mars, well you can kiss religion goodbye, and our so called advanced technology, all the liars, theorists and bull crappers would have to start all over again but with the truth this time. I cannot see that being allowed to happen can you.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

If you want something close to Google Earth for Mars it's called JMARS,and I had to give it up because it buried my slow computer years ago,so I haven't tried it lately....but someone's doing it.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have seen Mars animals and people.The people look like us and wear clothes and many times hats.The animals seem very friendly toward one another and come toward the rovers in hordes of mixed species.I'm talking about seeing 100 different species in the same unmasked pic. The micro animals are crazy looking and likewise diverse,similarly climbing over each other staring back at the cameras of the rovers.
Sometimes the tiny animals are so thick like a blanket,they obscure the ground.Many times large animals are surrounded by tiny ones. They encircle the rovers and climb on them like GULLIVER in Gulliver's Travels.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I swear, I think you're just mocking these forums.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I certainly believe multicellular life could exist on Mars, just not on the surface.

I think intelligent life could have existed on Mars. How evolved they became, if they existed, awaits final proof. I dont believe intelligence life exists below the surface now though. If they were as evolved as some people on this forum fantasise about, then we would see large spheres or green houses to offer light, food, energy to the below ground cities

...and despite all the fuzzy pictures, and a couple of holes in the surface, there are none

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

What's the point of showing what is obviously a flat rock (obvious even to you I would imagine) and showing that vaguely resembles a face??

Seriously you don't think that a flat rock in the sand that looks a little like a human face is, or ever was actually a living creature???

So again I ask what's the point of showing us all of these shapes in the rocks and sand? I can show you clouds that look like faces, frogs, alligators, or dragons -- but that doesn't mean that clouds are living creatures.

[edit on 4/16/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join