It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Investigation Reveals Animal Cruelty at Beef Supplier to America’s School Lunch Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
www.hsus.org...

Undercover Investigation Reveals Rampant Animal Cruelty at California Slaughter Plant – A Major Beef Supplier to America’s School Lunch Program

A shocking undercover investigation by The Humane Society of the United States reveals widespread mistreatment of "downed" dairy cows—those who are too sick or injured to walk—at a Southern California slaughter plant.

The investigation at the Hallmark Meat Packing Co., of Chino, pulls open a curtain on the scandalous treatment of animals slaughtered to supply the National School Lunch Program and other federal aid programs.

Video evidence obtained by an HSUS investigator shows slaughter plant workers displaying complete disregard for the pain and misery they inflicted as they repeatedly attempted to force "downed" animals onto their feet and into the human food chain.

Cruelties that Defy Belief

In the video, workers are seen kicking cows, ramming them with the blades of a forklift, jabbing them in the eyes, applying painful electrical shocks and even torturing them with a hose and water in attempts to force sick or injured animals to walk to slaughter.

"This torture is right out of the waterboarding manual. To see the extreme cruelties shown in The HSUS video challenges comprehension," said Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of The HSUS.

A video of the report can be seen here.

Cows, humans, mice, dogs, chickens...What's the difference anymore?

If there's one thing that upsets me is seeing these sick, defenseless animals being tortured. Snipped political comment
[edit on 30-1-2008 by TrueAmerican]

Mod Edit : Please review this link The End of Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS - dropped you a U2U on this one

[edit on 31/0108/08 by neformore]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is a reminder to those of us who love to eat burgers but don't care about where they come from.

Animals should be trated with respect, even if your going to kill them an eat them, they should still have respect and happiness while alive.

I don't know about anyone else, but do you ever get the urge to go beat up those guys whos torture animals, it's like Ive got the urge to find these guy and teach them a lesson, maybe poke them in the eyes while I'm at it lol.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
You know, I read the following article the other day ( Animals torn to pieces by lions in front of baying crowds: the spectator sport China DOESN'T want you to see ) and really struggled with my feelings about Chinese culture.

After seeing the video you posted, I'm reminded we aren't that much different, are we?

:shk:

[edit on 31-1-2008 by loam]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
After seeing the video you posted, I'm reminded we aren't that much different, are we?

Well, if you want to talk in terms of stereotypes, I suppose not. I'm just glad we're all individuals, and I for one would never do such a thing. I don't think you would either loam. But there's bad apples in every barrel.

I can see where doing work that hard every day has got to be grueling. Watching the continual slaughter of animals, ALL DAY LONG. If you're a worker doing this, and your job has pushed you into doing this cruelty for whatever reason- I'm sorry, but it's time to find another job. They are poor defenseless animals for God's sakes. STOP IT.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The way animals are treated in the industrial agriculture systems is truly horrifying. Did you know that if you were the one who captured those images of those cows being tortured, and you turned them into the police they could do nothing? This is because animal cruelty laws do not apply to live stock.

top topics

join